Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Reda Khadra

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Just spotted the Ostigard thread - where is thhe rumour coming from? Haven't seen it mentioned elsewhere.

Blackburn fans think Khedra's likely to go there though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Loan deal would probably be good for him. Either which way, main thing for him will be to try to stay fit - lots of injury problems over the years.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I thought I was reading the Armstrong thread, making this all very confusing indeed.

Khedra to Blackburn and Ostigaard to Stoke makes perfect sense.

They'll both be first team ready after we get relegated due lack of goals! :moo:

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
If Khadra and Ostigard are going out on loan then logic says we have replacements lined up, but for some reason I still fear that we haven’t & we’re “happy with what we’ve got”.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Khedra to Blackburn and Ostigaard to Stoke makes perfect sense.

They'll both be first team ready after we get relegated due lack of goals! :moo:

I can't believe there is a prospect of these two players going out on loan, particularly Khadra, when we look so short of quality in the side. This has been a truly piss poor summer of transfer activity to date. We look so unprepared it's unreal.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Such as? I respect the club’s stance on wage and transfer structure but teams don’t accidentally sell quality players for cheap all that often, I’m not saying we’re looking in the bargain bin but we seem to want £40m players for £20m.

We bought a Championship player of that quality and nobody thinks he's good enough?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I can't believe there is a prospect of these two players going out on loan, particularly Khadra, when we look so short of quality in the side. This has been a truly piss poor summer of transfer activity to date. We look so unprepared it's unreal.

Potter obviously has huge faith in a few players that I’m yet to see a huge amount from in their Albion careers so far but I’m going into the season trying to be optimistic. So, let’s see what they and he have got.

Frankworthington

Jul 17, 2019
South Shields
I find it incredible that most people agree about a lack of pace in our side but the one player that is fast and direct is binned after ONE pre-season friendly!

I can only presume we have incoming players lined up

By the way i am Potter IN

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It’s a difficult one with both Ostigard and Khadra.

Both very close to first team involvement id imagine but would a season on the bench or sometimes not in the 18 help them improve ?

Ostigard having a season in the Champ already I suppose most expected (including me) to be in with a shout of being White’s replacement in the squad but GP obviously has other ideas.

For Khadra I think a season of Champ football will obviously be far better than u23 games and a few 1st team mins here and there.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

I don't see how things are so disastrous. We've brought in a pretty decent midfielder (Mwepu), and lost Ben White (albeit for £50m). I think everyone agrees these are two good bits of business. We've also pruned the squad significantly, which was a key objective for the close season. The team we have (minus Ben White) was good enough for approx mid-table (taking the second half of last season).

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We wouldn't be sending these players out on loan for regular senior-level experience unless their path to the first team for this year was about to be blocked by us bringing new players in. Keep calm everybody.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We wouldn't be sending these players out on loan for regular senior-level experience unless their path to the first team for this year was about to be blocked by us bringing new players in. Keep calm everybody.

It is a fine balance for both. What do you think Ben White thought when we broke our club record fee on Adam Webster?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It is a fine balance for both. What do you think Ben White thought when we broke our club record fee on Adam Webster?

Ben White is a fine example of how well the loan system has worked for us with that successful season (for all parties) at Leeds. Whatever he thought of us signing Webster - the Championship's top rated defender on WhoScored - it didn't seem to make much difference with regard to him signing a new contract with us prior to going on his Leeds loan and then another one a year later!

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ben White is a fine example of how well the loan system has worked for us with that successful season (for all parties) at Leeds. Whatever he thought of us signing Webster - the Championship's top rated defender on WhoScored - it didn't seem to make much difference with regard to him signing a new contract with us prior to going on his Leeds loan and then another one a year later!

Agreed - but my point is the clubs strategy is always a mix of here/now and the future. We wouldn't hold off signing a CB just because Ostigard might be quality in 12 months time after his loan

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here