Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] STH & 1901 Ballot Groups for games in 2020/21 Season

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Email received from the Club this evening, asking us to choose our ballot groups for this season ready for when we are able to go to games.
I can't see a timescale for getting your group in to the club though

email copied below
*************************************************************************************
Thank you for purchasing your 2020/21 season ticket paying by Direct Debit.

In light of the current restrictions to crowds we have made the decision to stop Direct Debit payments for the 2020/21 season earlier than usual. Payments usually run monthly, with the last payment due on 1st March 2021.

However, as you have already made 6 monthly payments of 12, we will not be taking any more payments from you. In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.

Ballot System – Groups

Any league matches at the American Express Community Stadium which are operated at a reduced capacity will be allocated through a random ballot system to season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members.

In preparation for this we will now be opening a grouping ballot, so you may join together in groups of up to five supporters. This ballot will inform the club who you wish to attend matches with, and supporters may select up to five fan numbers in their group.

You may only be part of one group and those who do not enter the grouping ballot will be assumed to wish to attend alone. The grouping ballot means that all or none of the group will be drawn out of the hat for match tickets (please note by having a group this will not increase or decrease your likelihood of success).

By entering the grouping ballot together you are indicating you wish to attend matches together, however this does not mean that you have to be sat together (eg - a 1901 Club member may join the ballot with a general admission season-ticket holder). We hope the grouping ballot will allow supporters to share transport together as we understand there may be increased demand for facilities such as parking.

To enter your group into the ballot please click here.

More information about the match-by-match ballot will be released in due course, but for now, if you wish to attend as a group, we strongly encourage season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members to register as a group for the ballot now.

********************************************************************************************

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Email received from the Club this evening, asking us to choose our ballot groups for this season ready for when we are able to go to games.
I can't see a timescale for getting your group in to the club though

email copied below
*************************************************************************************
Thank you for purchasing your 2020/21 season ticket paying by Direct Debit.

In light of the current restrictions to crowds we have made the decision to stop Direct Debit payments for the 2020/21 season earlier than usual. Payments usually run monthly, with the last payment due on 1st March 2021.

However, as you have already made 6 monthly payments of 12, we will not be taking any more payments from you. In the event you do not get to see as many matches as you have paid for, the remaining balance at the end of the 2020/21 season will be taken off the cost of your 2021/22 season ticket.

Ballot System – Groups

Any league matches at the American Express Community Stadium which are operated at a reduced capacity will be allocated through a random ballot system to season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members.

In preparation for this we will now be opening a grouping ballot, so you may join together in groups of up to five supporters. This ballot will inform the club who you wish to attend matches with, and supporters may select up to five fan numbers in their group.

You may only be part of one group and those who do not enter the grouping ballot will be assumed to wish to attend alone. The grouping ballot means that all or none of the group will be drawn out of the hat for match tickets (please note by having a group this will not increase or decrease your likelihood of success).

By entering the grouping ballot together you are indicating you wish to attend matches together, however this does not mean that you have to be sat together (eg - a 1901 Club member may join the ballot with a general admission season-ticket holder). We hope the grouping ballot will allow supporters to share transport together as we understand there may be increased demand for facilities such as parking.

To enter your group into the ballot please click here.

More information about the match-by-match ballot will be released in due course, but for now, if you wish to attend as a group, we strongly encourage season-ticket holders and 1901 Club members to register as a group for the ballot now.

********************************************************************************************
Final word of the email. NOW!

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
oh.
I was too slow then.
;-)

and what about a date it needs to be completed by?

Why prevaricate. We have had a couple of months to think about it. Does anyone not know if they want to register as a group or not by now and who is in it?

Snorfy

Jan 24, 2010
I’ve not missed a payment so made six payments April to September yet my email says my last payment will be 1st November?

Don’t understand why?

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
I’ve not missed a payment so made six payments April to September yet my email says my last payment will be 1st November?

Don’t understand why?

Did you change your payments to take up the offer of reduced payments?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Thanks for posting this. Gmail had put the email in my Promotions tab where it was sitting with 83.595 other unread emails, and I'd never have seen it.

I suspect a lot of people won't see their email.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
I have checked all my email folders and received nothing. I haven't had any emails from the club for months. I tried contacting them the other day about this, but they've failed to do anything about it except take my monthly direct debits. Might email Barber...

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
A Groovy Gang has been formed

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Also just found my email. Last payment is listed as 1st November and we did take the payment break

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
No guarantee that group will sit together. Fair enough but do you think it implies that they will try to sit you together or it will be random?
Official and unofficial carers (and those cared for) will need to know

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
No guarantee that group will sit together. Fair enough but do you think it implies that they will try to sit you together or it will be random?

You'll be choosing your seats from those available once you've been successful in the ballot

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

Re carers those who are on disabled plus PA tickets will be sat together as they are basically considered to be one ticket

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
How can you decide whether to go in a group or not without seeing the full rules of how the ballot will work?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
How can you decide whether to go in a group or not without seeing the full rules of how the ballot will work?
I go with my wife and son, that's my group. So it doesn't matter how the rules work. I don't want to go on my own in a ballot and none of us would go alone if the other doesn't get a ticket.

We are all going in the ballot anyway regardless of the rules and it won't be the beery social occasion of old. So essentially, it's who do you normally sit with.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here