Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Stephens to Burnley (deal now confirmed)

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
He has signed a 3 year deal apparently.

Family issues holding things up.

He's sign a 3 year deal, but the club haven't announced even agreeing a transfer fee, let alone that he has *Signed* for another club?

But yes I imagine the fact his kids presumably live with his ex- down here and his relationship with Ms El-Abd might be causing some issues with a move back up north

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
He's sign a 3 year deal, but the club haven't announced even agreeing a transfer fee, let alone that he has *Signed* for another club?

But yes I imagine the fact his kids presumably live with his ex- down here and his relationship with Ms El-Abd might be causing some issues with a move back up north

In one.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You need to know a man down the pub.

It will be much easier to get Football information now though - With it being table service only now and not being able to join a different table. People will have to shout the information from one table to the next so everyone will be able to hear it. So gone are the days of Football secrets thanks to Boris Johnson.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sorry Harry, but If you think some of those leadership qualities don’t still apply, you’re being a little naive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They may. I suspect they contribute a great deal to lower league sides, but at the elite level we are dealing with much more serious people than in the past, and the positive effect of having a couple of shouty 'generals' is likely to be limited. Vincent Company was a million miles from Dave Mackay.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
didn't he call Burnley a sh*thole?

I think everyone has called Burnley a sh1thole.

But to be fair there are some enormously attractive places to live within easy striking distance.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
You just know he’s going to be a shit house against us when he plays

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why would you sign and then try and convince your family a move to Burnley

Pretty much NONE of the Burnley squad live around Burnley, though, obviously.

This is why Ashley Barnes and Ashley Westwood run a mini-bus service* (genuinely) from Alderley Edge (?) to take them all into training.

*or at least they did before social distancing rules were invented.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
A superb player for us, but maybe we have the players to fill that role now. People who moaned about his play and style, with due respect, no nothing about football. All teams need a Stephens type as a defensive midfielder and he has done that role for us superbly for a number of years. Thanks Dale and enjoy your semi retirement.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
They may. I suspect they contribute a great deal to lower league sides, but at the elite level we are dealing with much more serious people than in the past, and the positive effect of having a couple of shouty 'generals' is likely to be limited. Vincent Company was a million miles from Dave Mackay.

You’ve gone from 70’s to 60’s [emoji23][emoji2]
But Komoany had the respect of the team.
Drove others on and led by example.
He wasn’t afraid at issuing a rollicking either.

All of which I would suggest were qualities of Nobby.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here