Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Defund the BBC.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
You know she's overpaid but, you tell yourself otherwise. As I stated earlier though, it's not her fault. If I could get away with it I would too.

What is the going rate for a TV presenter these days, do you reckon? You clearly have a good depth of knowledge of this field so was wondering how much roughly you think they've overpaid by?

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
What is the going rate for a TV presenter these days, do you reckon? You clearly have a good depth of knowledge of this field so was wondering how much roughly you think they've overpaid by?

Shes getting paid as Head of diversity I believe. Fine, you help contribute to her salary as do most of us through the tv license.
You think that represents value for money and I dont.

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Shes getting paid as Head of diversity I believe. Fine, you help contribute to her salary as do most of us through the tv license.

It was a good question, if you think she is overpaid it must be based on something, looking forward to your analysis

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

You can't claim it's not "value for money" unless you have an understanding of the going rate for such a role and how much she has been overpaid by. So either you can provide these figures (including showing your working and comparing it to other similar roles across the media world) or you don't know what you're talking about.

Pick a side, that's all I'm asking.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
You can't claim it's not "value for money" unless you have an understanding of the going rate for such a role and how much she has been overpaid by. So either you can provide these figures (including showing your working and comparing it to other similar roles across the media world) or you don't know what you're talking about.

Pick a side, that's all I'm asking.

I am at work so here it is in a nutshell
£1650 per day for head of diversity = overpaid
once again. I dont feel anger or animosity to Sarpong. Good for her
Kerching!

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Kerching!

Theoretically you can never be overpaid since the renumeration would be a mutal agreement by form of an employment contract, as long as she fulfilled her obligations under the job description. Wheres the overpayment?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Kerching!

So what figure would not be overpaid? Citing similar roles in similar sized organisations as I assume you can.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Here's the point though, I dont fund other similar organisations do I?
This thread is specifically about the BBC

So you can't provide any evidence the BBC has overpaid, you just assume they have because of your pre-existing prejudices. Glad we got there in the end.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
While the woke defend it ,a classic case of Box ticking the BBC well done
Regards
DF

What’s not to like about June Sarpong, very elegant sexy lady[emoji6]

925d83d61843f51d552f1d169f79c2df.jpg

3ba3d6854fe60a4301a1bf2ca186851f.webp

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Smillie's People

Aug 14, 2013
I’ve seen a lot less clamour for defunding the BBC since the launch of GB “News”.
Perhaps all but the dimmest of gammons has seen a glimpse of what a world without one of the finest and fairest institutions ever to manifest would be like. Quite rightly, VERY few people relish that vision.
Just a shame it took a piss poor, propaganda channel with the production values of Get Stuffed to illustrate that fact.

All that happened was they took one of the most self-righteous pompous, preening and over-paid Jocks off the box and made him the figure-head. Plus a smarmy little worm who I suspect is a Kiwi reject from the "Sun".

The Beeb isn't any better for losing Mr Neil.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think a lot of BBC employees are over-paid. One of the beeb's few flaws.
Having said that, it's not to the detriment of their output so not really a huge problem. They can pay what they like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here