Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Question of Sport revamp

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
As an aside, Sue Barker has been an excellent ambassador for Muscular Dystrophy all that time too. A throughly lovely women and a National Treasure, she’s a Dame if ever there were.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Alec Scott is apparently the England Senior Women's lead analyst at The Football Association.

He’s a bloke.

New around here? How obvious do I have to make it that it is a very long running inside joke? I thought tagging of the joke's owner and pub of choice would be enough although thought Rylan and Mrs Brown's references would be enough.

Interesting you felt the need to challenge this but not the disparaging remarks about a Paralympian but hey.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
File under who the hell watches that in 2020.

It's a total ''Con'' - I stopped watching it years ago after speaking to a former PL Footballer after he had been on it - Apparently the Producers used to tell them the answers to a lot of the Questions beforehand.

It is a totally different format since he was on it but I presume they still tell them a lot of the answers even now. They also don't film all the way through they cut and edit it. If they get some stuff wrong they even go back and tell them the answer again if they forget the answer during filming.

Once you know all that then it is hard to take the Programme seriously.

Cpt. Spavil

Mar 9, 2008
I still prefer They think its all over to AQOS.

I think it needed a revamp ages ago. Will be interesting to see where it goes now.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I caught it by accident the other day. The few mins i saw were men jumping around doing charades trying to describe horse racing.

For me, thats not QoS. That show should be HARDCORE quizzing with no gimmicks. For a tv audience, we dont want charades where we can see the answer. We want to join in and try and get the answer right. Yes, we want some quirky light hearted rounds but the old format had that. What happened next and merging of sport stars faces etc.

Osman as a host would be an excellent shout. 100% gets the quiz format

I must add, I'm 33 and not 72 as my post suggests I am

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Surely that female ex-footballer (can't remember her name) will be on it. I literally can't seem to watch anything on telly these days without her being on it.

Mr Putdown

Jan 26, 2004
Christchurch
New around here? How obvious do I have to make it that it is a very long running inside joke? I thought tagging of the joke's owner and pub of choice would be enough although thought Rylan and Mrs Brown's references would be enough.

Interesting you felt the need to challenge this but not the disparaging remarks about a Paralympian but hey.

Clearly more obvious than your post managed. :)

I didn’t think I’d challenged anything for what it’s worth and I haven’t seen any disparaging remarks about a Paralympic competitor to feel the need to challenge.

Happy now?

[Edit: I’ve now read the post you are referring to. Interesting you felt the need to challenge my post but not the disparaging remarks about a Paralympian but hey..]

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm expecting something like Ian Wright and Eniola Aluko as team captains, with Clare Balding as compere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here