Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Viktor Gyokeres

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I like Viktor but I struggle to see that working out, both for him and for Everton. If he wants to play in the PL, he'd need to go somewhere to be a backup for a year... not thrown into the starting eleven of this desperate Everton side. Can't see him scoring more than five goals.

Hmmm l wouldn't blame him if he took the opportunity if it came around, he probably won't get the chance to pick and choose. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth would be my advice.

The chance to play in the Premier League isn't something anyone would readily turn down, whatever the club.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Hmmm l wouldn't blame him if he took the opportunity if it came around, he probably won't get the chance to pick and choose. Don't look a gift horse in the mouth would be my advice.

The chance to play in the Premier League isn't something anyone would readily turn down, whatever the club.

I tend to agree. Everton are run by idiots that's for sure, so he'd be going there on a significantly increased wage packet on account of their desperation to not be relegated. If he went there and scored 8-10 goals (even in a relegated team) he'd have a chance of having a Marlon Harewood of a career, somehow earning contract after contract across the Premier League bottom feeders. If he does really well, who knows where he could end up.

Worst case scenario, he'll end 2022 a far richer young man.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I tend to agree. Everton are run by idiots that's for sure, so he'd be going there on a significantly increased wage packet on account of their desperation to not be relegated. If he went there and scored 8-10 goals (even in a relegated team) he'd have a chance of having a Marlon Harewood of a career, somehow earning contract after contract across the Premier League bottom feeders. If he does really well, who knows where he could end up.

Worst case scenario, he'll end 2022 a far richer young man.

Indeed.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
From what I've seen of Viktor, I think that at the current rate of improvement, there's every chance he could be a capable mid table goalscorer in the Premier League in maybe about 2 years.

Though something tells me those timescales aren't what the Everton board or support base have in mind

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Wise words. It's true too that although he may be banging the goals in for fun at Championship level for Coventry, it doesn't necessarily follow that he will do the same thing a division higher at Everton.

Maybe they're looking to take a leaf out of our book and try to get him in before his value rockets? If he rolls in 20 goals in the Championship this season he'll be in the £15-£20m bracket next summer. Maybe they're thinking about getting him in now, loaning him back and then he's there's in 12 months time either ready to play or to be flogged on. Not sure that Gyokeres would be up for that life again but it could be a shrewd investment if he continues to score at the rate he has been.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Maybe they're looking to take a leaf out of our book and try to get him in before his value rockets? If he rolls in 20 goals in the Championship this season he'll be in the £15-£20m bracket next summer. Maybe they're thinking about getting him in now, loaning him back and then he's there's in 12 months time either ready to play or to be flogged on. Not sure that Gyokeres would be up for that life again but it could be a shrewd investment if he continues to score at the rate he has been.

I'm guessing he'll cost them that much now.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I like Viktor but I struggle to see that working out, both for him and for Everton. If he wants to play in the PL, he'd need to go somewhere to be a backup for a year... not thrown into the starting eleven of this desperate Everton side. Can't see him scoring more than five goals.

Just read this again and realised what a bad JRG I am.

Of course I meant he'll win the top scorer title... barefoot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Might be seeing him play vs Wigan next Tuesday, randomly.

Whilst I'm here - anyone here been to the Ricoh, and know best place to park/best way to get to and from?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Whilst I'm here - anyone here been to the Ricoh, and know best place to park/best way to get to and from?

Lots of times, and found parking in the stadium car park, 20 yards from the main reception, easy to get to, and away from.

To be fair, all those times were midweek mornings, on non match days.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....

Oh local Derby that, I used to go to Springfield Park a few times when I lived there, thank god for Kurt Nogan scoring when I went and watched us play there one cold winters evening i think.

Wigan v Bolton can be naughty as well, so watch out, you would be surprised.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Lots of times, and found parking in the stadium car park, 20 yards from the main reception, easy to get to, and away from.

Had a look on their site and it seems to suggest stadium parking is fully booked. Might give their clubline a call.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh local Derby that, I used to go to Springfield Park a few times when I lived there, thank god for Kurt Nogan scoring when I went and watched us play there one cold winters evening i think.

Wigan v Bolton can be naughty as well, so watch out, you would be surprised.

I'm going to Coventry v Wigan, that's not a derby/rivalry is it?

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands

I would hold fire on booking anything at all if I were you.
I live up here on the Cov/Kenilworth border, and I'm a regular visitor to the Ricoh. (Yes, I know it's been re-branded, but EVERYBODY still calls it the Ricoh. :smile:)

Big controversy still going on in these parts because Cov have had to play tonight's fixture at Burton Albion's ground because the pitch is unfit at the Ricoh, where it should have been played.
There is a massive doubt that the pitch will even be playable for the Wigan game, so if you're going to book anything this far in advance I would respectively suggest you make sure your money is refundable.

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
Had a look on their site and it seems to suggest stadium parking is fully booked. Might give their clubline a call.

In the event the game goes ahead as planned, I'm afraid parking is not the easiest.

There is a large shopping mall literally on the doorstep, 50metres away at most, with thousands of parking spaces, but it's free parking with deliberate restrictive times on matchdays, so short stay shoppers can still use it safely, but longer stay footy fans who want to park there have to play parking russian roulette and take a chance that the ANPR's don't catch you.
I know very few Cov fans who gamble on that particular car park, but I've witnessed plenty of Wasps fans who take a chance, so I guess it depends how lucky you feel on the night?

There are other official car parks around the stadium, but as you've already found out they fill up pretty quickly.

There are one or two unofficial car parks close by, but again they fill up quickly so you need to get there early, and they are quite expensive. (£11 or £12 from memory).
The surrounding residential areas all have parking restrictions on matchdays, although most Cov fans that I know tend to park in the streets anyway, and take a chance that the patrols don't bother them.

I wish I could be more positive for you, but in all honesty most people I know live locally and get their other halfs to take them and pick them up at the end of the game!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Ah stupid me, i thought i read reebok stadium, oh dear time for new goggles me thinks

Aside from the fact it's not been called that since 2014 I think this is going to be an increasing problem with NSC, given the demographic. Might need [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] to default the site to 24 point font and have everyone post things that are really simple to understand :lol:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe too soon for the step up, but I believe he will make it in the future, he is still younger than Murray was when he came to us in L1.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Sounds spoookingly familiar to the state of play at the old Withdean Park & Ride, plenty of space at most times of day, but come Saturday and if it was matchday, it was chock a block full by lunchtime.

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
They were absolutely raving about the boy on 5 live earlier today and reckon he’s almost certainly moving in to better things at the end of the season. Galling to think that midget Irish waste man probably pushed him out the squad and he almost certainly looks like he’d add more than Undaz (hope to be proved wrong).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here