Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

Horsham Gull

H Block Offender
Dec 4, 2006
Horsham
I'd advise travelling by car rather than bomb, if you can find anywhere to park it in time of course. :)

My alternative team YM, are in Jersey playing the Bulls in the 1st qualifying round of the FA Cup this afternoon, and with the team that we are putting out this season, it will almost certainly be as far as we go in the competition.

Saddest part is that l'm not able to go though, rules & regs state, that at present only the team, substitutes, manager, assistant manager, physio, and kit man are permitted to travel, can spend one night on the island, then have to return tomorrow. No room for officials at all.

Today wasn’t your day :ffsparr:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I was there too - not sure if Newhaven were very good or Camberley very poor.

Bit of both to be honest.
Newhaven we’re definitely very good today, they could have scored a few more near the end of the second half, some near misses and one outstanding save from the Camberley keeper.
Camberley didn’t seem very organised, they also had a few mouthy players having a go at fellow team mates from the start.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Littlehampton totally obliterated Broadbridge Heath this afternoon in the FA Cup, 6-2. That's 18 goals I've seen in two Littlehampton Town games so far this season; they're ridiculously good going forward but vulnerable at the back. Makes for very entertaining games.

Attachments

• IMG_20210807_224219.jpg
    IMG_20210807_224219.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 93

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Ended up going to Hornchurch FC v Warrington Rylands in the Pitching In super cup to see Hornchurch add to their silverware. Big withdean vibes. Going to Crawley Tonight for EFL Cup action then possibly Mile Oak v Worthing United tomorrow. Hopefully gonna do about 10 or so games before the end of the month, already managed 14 Games this season, so hoping to get to at least 50 before Christmas.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
My alternative team YM, are in Jersey playing the Bulls in the 1st qualifying round of the FA Cup this afternoon, and with the team that we are putting out this season, it will almost certainly be as far as we go in the competition.

Saddest part is that l'm not able to go though, rules & regs state, that at present only the team, substitutes, manager, assistant manager, physio, and kit man are permitted to travel, can spend one night on the island, then have to return tomorrow. No room for officials at all.

Any idea how long that is likely to be in place?

Reason I ask is Crowborough could potentially have them away in the second round of the Vase which is 24th September.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Ended up going to Hornchurch FC v Warrington Rylands in the Pitching In super cup to see Hornchurch add to their silverware. Big withdean vibes. Going to Crawley Tonight for EFL Cup action then possibly Mile Oak v Worthing United tomorrow. Hopefully gonna do about 10 or so games before the end of the month, already managed 14 Games this season, so hoping to get to at least 50 before Christmas.
Went to Brentford v Valencia on Saturday.
Like yourself I'm off to Crawley tonight.
Tomorrow its either Mile Oak v Worthing United or Littlehampton v Horsham YMCA. Should be goals at either game considering Worthing lost 1.7 in their last game, YMCA conceded 10 and Littlehampton have scored 12 in their last 2.
Will probably head to Hailsham Town on Friday for Bexhill v Lingfield before the season opener at Folkestone Saturday.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
E8SKF6MX0AkxQT0.jpeg

Whitehawk Vs Merstham this evening if anyone fancies it.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Former Albion academy player Martyn Box (same year as Teddy Jenks, Sam Packham and Jack Spong) was taken to hospital tonight after being injured playing for Burgess Hill Town against Horsham. Hope it is nothing too serious:-

[TWEET]1420119692602191875[/TWEET]

Former Albion academy players, playing for local Sussex sides, have been in the wars this pre-season. On Saturday the Whitehawk match at Met Police was abandoned after Charlie Coppola was taken to hospital. He dislocated his ankle:-

[TWEET]1424118963068411909[/TWEET]

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
I popped over to Worthing v QPR this evening, really lively encounter. Worthing nicked it 3-2 late on, with a winner from Alfie Hall - who I think must be the same lad I saw net a hatrick at Littlehampton earlier in pre-season. One to watch, perhaps? Off to Littlehampton v YMCA tomorrow night, will be disappointed with anything less than 10 goals in that one after the respective results last weekend....

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Went to Brentford v Valencia on Saturday.
Like yourself I'm off to Crawley tonight.
Tomorrow its either Mile Oak v Worthing United or Littlehampton v Horsham YMCA. Should be goals at either game considering Worthing lost 1.7 in their last game, YMCA conceded 10 and Littlehampton have scored 12 in their last 2.
Will probably head to Hailsham Town on Friday for Bexhill v Lingfield before the season opener at Folkestone Saturday.

You are Truly putting in the miles as well, I’ve been offered Orient v QPR instead of Mile Oak, Mile Oak is only a 10 minute drive from where I live so it can wait for a few weeks. Mile Oak is a funny little ground really. Are Bexhill playing at Hailsham this season? Shame I really liked their ground. Trying to get some of the off rail network county grounds soon, like Alford and Loxwood. Have really got into the county league the last year, it really is a lively little league, just feels so far from the premier league and that is what makes is so good.

Also another thing about Crawley went with a mate who’s an Arsenal supporter, he’s paying £64 for his first game of the season against Chelsea (not a season ticket holder) and he came away from that having watched a superb game that’s ended 2-2 for a tenner. It’s no wonder Arsenal have got 10k tickets left for that game.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
You are Truly putting in the miles as well, I’ve been offered Orient v QPR instead of Mile Oak, Mile Oak is only a 10 minute drive from where I live so it can wait for a few weeks. Mile Oak is a funny little ground really. Are Bexhill playing at Hailsham this season? Shame I really liked their ground. Trying to get some of the off rail network county grounds soon, like Alford and Loxwood. Have really got into the county league the last year, it really is a lively little league, just feels so far from the premier league and that is what makes is so good.

Also another thing about Crawley went with a mate who’s an Arsenal supporter, he’s paying £64 for his first game of the season against Chelsea (not a season ticket holder) and he came away from that having watched a superb game that’s ended 2-2 for a tenner. It’s no wonder Arsenal have got 10k tickets left for that game.

Enjoyable 2nd half at Crawley tonight after a rather uninspiring first 45 minutes. Shame Crawley couldn't come out on top after the penalty shootout but a game well worth £10 of anyones money.

I think Bexhill cannot use the Polegrove until the cricket season finishes so will tick off Hailsham on Friday night.

Have been gradually working my way through the SCFL Premier and Division 1. Only Eastbourne United, Bexhill, Lingfield and Crawley Down Gatwick in the Premier to visit with Hailsham, Roffey and Godalming to visit in Division 1. As you say the SCFL is a million miles away from the money saturated Premier League and it feels like the admission fee and any money spent on food,drinks etc. will go a long way to helping to support the respective clubs. It is amazing really how they survive on crowds of around 100.

My county league excursions will be curtailed somewhat by the resumption of the Isthmian season on Saturday although Worthing are without a midweek fixture until September so still a couple of midweeks to visit some new SCFL grounds.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I popped over to Worthing v QPR this evening, really lively encounter. Worthing nicked it 3-2 late on, with a winner from Alfie Hall - who I think must be the same lad I saw net a hatrick at Littlehampton earlier in pre-season. One to watch, perhaps? Off to Littlehampton v YMCA tomorrow night, will be disappointed with anything less than 10 goals in that one after the respective results last weekend....

Short of YM boarding up their goal, you may well get your wish and reach double figures for the Marigolds tonight. With a very small playing budget, thus only being able to attract kids, l really fear for us this season.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Comfortable 4-0 win for The Marigolds in the end, but they had to work hard for it. YMCA were the better side for the first 20mins, but once Littlehampton got the opener they didn't really look back. Another hatrick for Joe Benn, including an absolute worldy (think Gazza v Scotland) - I do wonder how long he will stick around, clearly capable of playing at a higher level.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here