Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Non-League Football Thread- 2021/22 Edition

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Finished Mile Oak 0 Worthing United 2 at the Recreation Ground this evening.

Two long range efforts from Worthing in the first half secured the points in a game of few clear cut chances.

Worthing reduced to 10 men late on but Mile Oak, despite a lot of possession, never really looked liked making a comeback.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Comfortable 4-0 win for The Marigolds in the end, but they had to work hard for it. YMCA were the better side for the first 20mins, but once Littlehampton got the opener they didn't really look back. Another hatrick for Joe Benn, including an absolute worldy (think Gazza v Scotland) - I do wonder how long he will stick around, clearly capable of playing at a higher level.

Sad to say that at YM we were all congratulating ourselves at the end of the game, a 4-0 loss even seemed like a little bit of a victory after our 10-1 drubbing at Jersey Bulls!

Yes l agree, Joe Benn looked a very good player, and l'm sure would do well higher up the pyramid. The problem is that so many players at this level only want to play for fun and with their mates, enjoy a few pints in the bar afterwards etc. It all becomes a little bit too serious the higher up you go.

Good luck to Littlehampton this season, they looked very good indeed.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Comfortable 4-0 win for The Marigolds in the end, but they had to work hard for it. YMCA were the better side for the first 20mins, but once Littlehampton got the opener they didn't really look back. Another hatrick for Joe Benn, including an absolute worldy (think Gazza v Scotland) - I do wonder how long he will stick around, clearly capable of playing at a higher level.

It was certainly an entertaining game with both sides looking to make plenty of passes on the excellent surface.
4-0 was a bit generous, but in Joe Benn they had a player who could finish.

The added bonus was the magnificent sunset.
£6 for adults/£3 Concessions, and easy roadside parking just outside the ground, what is there not to like?

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
If your bored Friday, it's Shoreham under 18s v Crawley under 18s 7.30pm kick. Free entry and bar open. Plus my son is 15 and leads the line

Crawley? As in Crawley Town?

I didn't realize they had re-established their academy?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Sad to say that at YM we were all congratulating ourselves at the end of the game, a 4-0 loss even seemed like a little bit of a victory after our 10-1 drubbing at Jersey Bulls!

Yes l agree, Joe Benn looked a very good player, and l'm sure would do well higher up the pyramid. The problem is that so many players at this level only want to play for fun and with their mates, enjoy a few pints in the bar afterwards etc. It all becomes a little bit too serious the higher up you go.

Joe Benn is actually Mr Benn to us; he's been my son's PE teacher at the local school for the past couple of years. I think he's moving to a different school before the next academic year; hopefully that doesn't precipitate a move away from The Sportsfield.... Still not convinced by the defence, but it's early days and I can see that they are adding to the squad. Noticed an old team-mate of mine (Adam Hunt) pop up on the squad-list as a non-playing sub last night. They also need to get the management situation sorted out; I'm not a fan of player-manager roles and Littlehampton currently have two of them!

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
It was certainly an entertaining game with both sides looking to make plenty of passes on the excellent surface.
4-0 was a bit generous, but in Joe Benn they had a player who could finish.

The added bonus was the magnificent sunset.
£6 for adults/£3 Concessions, and easy roadside parking just outside the ground, what is there not to like?

It's absolutely perfect for me when Brighton aren't playing. Not only do I live less than 5 mins walk from the ground, my sister lives in one of the houses overlooking the ground so I can pop there for a half time coffee and catch-up over the fence. I can honestly say that the football has been more entertaining over the past couple of years than many of the Albion games too, albeit it at a lower standard.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel

Gotta admit, it’s always weird seeing names of people I went to Sixth Form with pop up :lolol:

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Joe Benn is actually Mr Benn to us; he's been my son's PE teacher at the local school for the past couple of years. I think he's moving to a different school before the next academic year; hopefully that doesn't precipitate a move away from The Sportsfield.... Still not convinced by the defence, but it's early days and I can see that they are adding to the squad. Noticed an old team-mate of mine (Adam Hunt) pop up on the squad-list as a non-playing sub last night. They also need to get the management situation sorted out; I'm not a fan of player-manager roles and Littlehampton currently have two of them!

Yep l agree, a team only needs one boss, confusion reigns otherwise. Things may have changed since, (they change quickly in non-league football), but a couple to seasons ago when Broadbridge Heath visited Gorings Mead, their management "team" was almost as numerous as the playing squad for the game!

East Preston are our visitors this afternoon, l have my tin hat ready for another goal fest . . . probably at the wrong end.

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
I have seen plenty of goals in the SCFL in the last 2 evenings.

Last night I saw Peacehaven & Telscombe beat AFC Varndeanians 3.2 with all the goals coming in the first 45 minutes.

Tonight I saw Littlehampton Town blitz Steyning Town with a 6 goal first half to win 6.0. - and without the prolific Joe Benn in the squad. Some poor defending and some clinical finishing with the Littlehampton winger, Pattenden, involved in a least 4 of the goals. To be fair, previously unbeaten Steyning did well to efficiently see out the remaining 45 minutes without further damage to their goal difference with a much improved 2nd half display.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Last night I saw Peacehaven & Telscombe beat AFC Varndeanians 3.2 with all the goals coming in the first 45 minutes.

Tonight I saw Littlehampton Town blitz Steyning Town with a 6 goal first half to win 6.0. - and without the prolific Joe Benn in the squad. Some poor defending and some clinical finishing with the Littlehampton winger, Pattenden, involved in a least 4 of the goals. To be fair, previously unbeaten Steyning did well to efficiently see out the remaining 45 minutes without further damage to their goal difference with a much improved 2nd half display.

I believe Lucas Pattenden is the older brother of Jasper, who was in the Albion academy system all through his schoolboy years before being released at U-16 level. He subsequently joined Worthing where he has now established himself in the first team.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton

It was all a bit one-sided last night, which surprised me. Joe Benn's absence freed up George Gaskin to play a bit more centrally, which worked out well as he scored the first two. Lucas Pattenden is an incredibly frustrating player with ridiculous pace. His final ball / finishing often lets him down, but he was on top form against Steyning. Second half was just an exercise in saving legs for Saturday's very tough looking trip to Sittingbourne in the FA Cup. I won't be able to get to the next few games as they clash with Albion fixtures, but I'll definitely be back for more when the calendar allows.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

Tonight I saw Littlehampton Town blitz Steyning Town with a 6 goal first half to win 6.0. - and without the prolific Joe Benn in the squad. Some poor defending and some clinical finishing with the Littlehampton winger, Pattenden, involved in a least 4 of the goals. To be fair, previously unbeaten Steyning did well to efficiently see out the remaining 45 minutes without further damage to their goal difference with a much improved 2nd ehalf display.

Steyning giftwrapped a couple but Littlehampton were fast and clinical. It takes some doing to score six in a half. Littlehampton were excellent, and no complaints. Second half was a non-event. Hard to maintain intensity, and scrambled brains were recovered.

Not good news to see our striker Josh Bradbury limp off. FA Cup v Sutton Common Rovers on Saturday.

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
Went to The Sportsfield for Littlehampton's FA Cup replay against Sittingbourne tonight. Finished 4-0 to The Marigolds; a fantastic performance against a much higher ranked team. Whitehawk at home in the next round, could be fun!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well played Littlehampton..... a great result. Steyning recovered from their LA defeat with a draw against Sutton Common Rovers on Saturday, but lost tonight 4-0. Ah well. Concentrate on the League. Good luck in the next round to the Marigolds!

milliepops

Nov 8, 2011
at home
Went to The Sportsfield for Littlehampton's FA Cup replay against Sittingbourne tonight. Finished 4-0 to The Marigolds; a fantastic performance against a much higher ranked team. Whitehawk at home in the next round, could be fun!

Was also there. Very enjoyable game.

The opening goal was possibly the quickest goal I have ever seen, Benn putting Littlehampton ahead after just 20 seconds.

Littlehampton were excellent all over the pitch and fully deserved their win. Good crowd of 220 too.

Did hear that the Whitehawk game may be played on a Sunday owing to cricket being played on the Saturday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here