Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Other teams Transfer Business

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Palace could have a good window this time. Eze coming in, favourites for Fraser, close to buying a Striker from Mainz (Mateta?) for 15m. I wonder if this splurge means Zaha is close to leaving?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Doesn’t Bielsa only work with young players ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Rodrigo this, Eze that... todays big thing is obviously that Nottingham are signing Graham Potter-legend Fouad Bachirou.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
He's had 17 games in the PL with Bolton and scored one goal. His scoring record for Valencia isn't earth-shattering either - 38 goals in 172 games - not terrible but not astounding.

30m Euros looks a bit steep for a 29-year-old unproven PL performer - we shall see

He was quite young when at Bolton. Looks a great signing for them and exactly what they need. Yes, at 29, he is not one for the future but if he keeps them up next season and the one after that will be job done.

We would be happy to sign him and there is no point pretending we wouldn’t.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

In his six seasons at Valencia, he averages 6 goals per season in La Liga. Not a natural goal scorer as others have said.

At 29, he is clearly not the player to push us into the top 10 next season or even long term but I’d prefer him to Murray.

Happy - no. Satisfied - yes.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
He was quite young when at Bolton. Looks a great signing for them and exactly what they need. Yes, at 29, he is not one for the future but if he keeps them up next season and the one after that will be job done.

You must be easily pleased. I wouldn't want him here for sure.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You must be easily pleased. I wouldn't want him here for sure.

Nor would I.

People can be outstanding goalscorers in other leagues but can't cut it in the Prem but there aren't many players who aren't outstanding scorers in other leagues who become so in the PL (unless they're young and learning, of course)

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I see that Everton are being linked with James Rodriguez - now that is someone decent. I've seen reports saying that it's a loan and it's a possible purchase - won't be cheap, whatever it is.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How do you know we didn’t run the rule over him...they just might know a tad more than you or I

I think a price tag of nearly 30 million Euros is way beyond what we pay for players who will have no resale value, even if he might be a good short term player. In fact we haven’t ever paid close to that for any player have we, even a young one?

and I thought the Leeds boss was using the Albion as a model to build Leeds. That didn’t last long :smile:

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
and I thought the Leeds boss was using the Albion as a model to build Leeds. That didn’t last long :smile:

I think Radrizzani and the board have lost control between the demands of Bielsa and the rabid fanbase (that got turned up to 11 when they got promoted).

Probably panic buying now tbh. I don’t think Rodri looks like a good deal at all.

I would say Radrizzani is gambling at this point. Praying it all works out.

If I was him I’d be trying to secure some extra funding from the 49ers.

Would love to watch it all come tumbling down though. The whole Ben White saga has soured my view of Leeds and their fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
We spent £45m in summer 2017. Leeds spending 2/3’s of that on one player, from identical PL broadcasting income!

Leeds turnover is significantly more than ours. Just compare what theirs was in champ compared to us.

Rodrigo is a joke of a signing, he’s very good.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Leeds turnover is significantly more than ours. Just compare what theirs was in champ compared to us.

Rodrigo is a joke of a signing, he’s very good.

He scores 1 in 4.5 at a top club .

That’s shithouse in my book

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here