Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nicolás González

dennis

Aug 1, 2007
Cornwall
I think Spurs are a bit of an unknown at the moment, i understand the new DOF is supposedly in charge of all footballing matters, that probably does include signings, however there is absolutely no point signing someone if your new head coach/ manager doesn't rate him, so i wouldn't expect them to sign anyone until they sort out that position first.

I dont really doubt the interest though, might be a case of Brighton needing to get this done sooner rather than later, before Spurs are in that position.

The interesting thing about Spurs having a new director of football is that he’s still got to work with Daniel Levy.

This will definitely turn Gonzalezs head towards Spurs over us. If he’s a football mercenary then he’ll go to Spurs and sit on the bench

If we can match of better Fiorentina for fee and wages we’re in with a shout mainly because of Mac Callister

I would imagine Gonzalez signing for Spurs would be an indication that either they’re going all out to keep Kane or their debt is so out of control and he will be Kane’s replacement and they are having to cut their cloth accordingly

I really want us to sign him, I’m a 52 year old bloke who hasn’t been this excited over a possible signing since Ulloa and Vicente and before that was probably Andy Ritchie please let him be ours

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
The interesting thing about Spurs having a new director of football is that he’s still got to work with Daniel Levy.

This will definitely turn Gonzalezs head towards Spurs over us. If he’s a football mercenary then he’ll go to Spurs and sit on the bench

If we can match of better Fiorentina for fee and wages we’re in with a shout mainly because of Mac Callister

I would imagine Gonzalez signing for Spurs would be an indication that either they’re going all out to keep Kane or their debt is so out of control and he will be Kane’s replacement and they are having to cut their cloth accordingly

I really want us to sign him, I’m a 52 year old bloke who hasn’t been this excited over a possible signing since Ulloa and Vicente and before that was probably Andy Ritchie please let him be ours

Yeah i was hoping we would get him last year, i dont know and would be surprised, if we are planning on spending that sort of money this summer tbh unless Bissouma or White are sold.

White Fan man

Oct 25, 2020
Had a look at a few highlight reels of him last year. As a goalscorer I don't rate him his technique is suspect. Hits most of his shots at the keeper. If this was the same Gonsalez playing for Argentina last night he managed to miss two sitters. One shooting straight at the keeper and the other heading over when he should have scored

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Had a look at a few highlight reels of him last year. As a goalscorer I don't rate him his technique is suspect. Hits most of his shots at the keeper. If this was the same Gonsalez playing for Argentina last night he managed to miss two sitters. One shooting straight at the keeper and the other heading over when he should have scored

Argentinian you say, I wonder how he could improve quickly? No, I’m not going to say it :lolol:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Expected to be off to Fiorentina.

Sky Italia reporting that Spurs are trying to hijack the deal.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Rumours are that Fiorentina have pulled out of trying to sing him.

Us vs Spurs now. Of course Spurs will offer the money but will he be happy just to sit on the bench ? ???

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I've got a feeling that we could be close on this one. He's a Potter type forward in that he can play centre forward or out wide. His movement is good and he has pace.
He's also mates with AliMac. Some might say that this isn't a big deal, but you've only got to look at Bissouma's desire to go to Arsenal rather than Liverpool because of his friendship with Pepe to see that these links can't be overlooked. He'd also start for us whereas I can see him sitting on the bench at Spurs.
( allegedly Yves is saying that Liverpool is too far north for him. So he may just want to go to Arsenal and live around London).

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm a big fan of Mac Allister and think he's going to be immense for us in the near future./QUOTE]

To be quite frank, l haven't seen enough in Mac Allister to convince me he is going to be immense for us, in either the near future, or the distant.

But it's still early days l grant you.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've got a feeling that we could be close on this one. He's a Potter type forward in that he can play centre forward or out wide. His movement is good and he has pace.
He's also mates with AliMac. Some might say that this isn't a big deal, but you've only got to look at Bissouma's desire to go to Arsenal rather than Liverpool because of his friendship with Pepe to see that these links can't be overlooked. He'd also start for us whereas I can see him sitting on the bench at Spurs.
( allegedly Yves is saying that Liverpool is too far north for him. So he may just want to go to Arsenal and live around London).

All complete guesswork and supposition of course. There are only a very few people who will know any of this for sure, the Albion recruitment ream, and the players mentioned.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
All complete guesswork and supposition of course. There are only a very few people who will know any of this for sure, the Albion recruitment ream, and the players mentioned.

Quite so. I have no inside knowledge whatsoever! Just based on my hunch and the fact that we were linked last summer, and of course the photo of him with Alexis in his flat.

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
I never quite understand why a player would make a massive career move until he knows who the manager will be. Yes, managers change and you have to adapt but it is quite a gamble to join a club then the new manager not want you. If you don’t play then your value won’t go up.

Therefore he is ours. Nailed on. FACT.

Cracking miss last night so he can be my new fav.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I never quite understand why a player would make a massive career move until he knows who the manager will be. Yes, managers change and you have to adapt but it is quite a gamble to join a club then the new manager not want you. If you don’t play then your value won’t go up.

I fancy Paulo Fonseca will be named Spurs manager within the next day or so, but I'd be surprised if they go for Gonzalez. He seems a similar sort of player to Son, i.e. a pacy, wide attacker, mainly left-sided. In no way can he be considered a replacement for Kane, who either drops deeper allowing runners like Son, Alli, Bergwijn, Moura to go beyond or who can be the target man in the centre.

Fonseca's top priority will be to deal with the Kane situation, replace Aurier and upgrade on Davinson Sanchez. I don't think it would be a good move to spend £25 mill of his budget on a non-essential player.

I could see us signing Gonzalez provided we shift one of our marquee players, although given we have made bids for wide left man Alan Velasco and already have Trossard I'm not sure how Potter would fit these into the starting line-up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here