Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Things you have learnt fron NSC since becoming a member..........

• Thread starter Deleted member 2719
  • Start date

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That you can never get away with grammatical or usage errors.

Or even spelling - so I've learnt to be relieved on other people's behalf when they spot their own in time (OP).

Ha ha you're right. It's just one of the regular ones I see daily and when I pull people up on it they look bemused as in the industry you see it in publications. It's a little bit like sayings that are regularly misquoted but have become the norm and as such change the meaning.

Jack of all trades, was a saying attributed to someone who had excelled in learning and had an understanding of many tasks within their role. The added "master of none" was later added to give the meaning the opposite slant. The saying is now foreshortened back to the original but means the complete opposite.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I was a lurker for a while before I joined and I remember the thread that finally convinced me to join, it was a young lad who seemed quite distressed about a family issue and the unfolding drama in fellow NSC members showing their concern for him and contacting him to make sure he was OK and didn't do something silly. Teaching me that there are other things on a football forum other than football and what a caring group of people can do for someone in distress.

Also indirectly, BG taught me not to drink and post (he didn't know this) as one night after a glass or 4 of wine I hijacked one of his threads and derailed it with Monty Python phrases. I must say the next day when I saw this and was quite embarrassed by my behaviour, so since then I have stayed away from combining from too much alcohol and NSC.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How to fight for planning permission
How to stand for local elections, and watch the count being done
How public enquiries take place, and reading the excellent write ups on here
Various computer skills
Excellent puns although I loved them beforehand, there are many better than mine
Getting a good plumber although sadly he's now retired
Getting a good builder (thanks [MENTION=1804]sams dad[/MENTION])

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Is that something you learned AFTER becoming a member? Its a bit odd...

Well I couldn't learn it before if I didn't know what NSC was, could I?

Like a drug really (he says as he has already broken his record for posts in a day today for the last three years....ooops)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The Average age of people who post on Football Fans Forums is 78 years and 3 months

And don't you 60 something something youngsters go attacking me for this observation - I was gonna say it was between 60 and Death

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I've learnt that it is a place where I can share my nerdish eccentricity and still find favour.

It's a also well moderated, which upsets people who like to swear and say nasty things to other people because their life is not complete otherwise.

I guess those no longer welcome have gone to the club Facebook pages or Argus Comments.

D

Deleted member 2719

The Average age of people who post on Football Fans Forums is 78 years and 3 months

And don't you 60 something something youngsters go attacking me for this observation - I was gonna say it was between 60 and Death

Respect your elders young man.:hilton:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sarcasm and puns are the highest form of wit.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Sadly, NSC helped me lose my naivety about fellow fans.

Almost 25 years ago we were driving to a last game of the season, at Walsall. On that Vicar of Dibley bit on the M40, where the road emerges from the Chiltern Hills, we saw a car with Albion scarfs broken down on the hard shoulder. We stopped, reversed, and asked if we could help. The outcome was that one of the passengers got in our car and we took him to the game, lending him a few bob for something to eat. He paid it back during the week, as we knew he would. He was an Albion fan and therefore a decent bloke. It was how I saw all Albion fans.

Then the Brexit controversy began and I was astonished by the level of unpleasantness of some supporters on NSC. Bantz I suppose they would call it, but it did open my eyes to the fact that some Albion supporters are simply not very nice. It was always obvious I suppose, but it opened my eyes. The OP will know some of the names I am talking about.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
That after years of people telling me I'm a prick, I now know I'm not alone.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
It has taught me that Posters are not as nice behind a keyboard as they would be down the pub. Cheers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here