Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Deluded Leeds (an EFL club) fans

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
You know what? I agree.

Leeds fans definitely have an overinflated ego, combined with low self esteem. Together with a palpable sense of (not undeserved) victimhood. We constantly hark back to the past, (in my case it is is relatively understandable as I lived through it in the late sixties and seventies, those younger have to rely more on a collective folk memory) and we definitely, nowadays, have a very average squad, no money, albeit with a great manager who is probably not long for this world.

But despite all that we have something about us. I would say a certain "je ne sais quoi" but then that would be regarded as being too culpably conversant with languages other than English for this website. :D

Sue me.

For all our faults as a club we make waves. We get noticed, as this immense. preternaturally long, thread attests. We have just been promoted, it happens to three clubs EVERY SINGLE YEAR. So why all your fuss?

If you don't like our over inflated ego, wouldn't it be better not to feed it? Especially when the subject thinks it it better to be hated than ignored?

“Not long for this world” is he dying now? Bloody hell. No wonder he doesn’t want to sign for you. Probably doesn’t want to be buried over a shop or immortalised in poorly spelled obituariries on Twitter or memorialised with a mural etched in crayon outside Poundland.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
You know what? I agree.

Leeds fans definitely have an overinflated ego, combined with low self esteem. Together with a palpable sense of (not undeserved) victimhood. We constantly hark back to the past, (in my case it is is relatively understandable as I lived through it in the late sixties and seventies, those younger have to rely more on a collective folk memory) and we definitely, nowadays, have a very average squad, no money, albeit with a great manager who is probably not long for this world.

But despite all that we have something about us. I would say a certain "je ne sais quoi" but then that would be regarded as being too culpably conversant with languages other than English for this website. :D

Sue me.

For all our faults as a club we make waves. We get noticed, as this immense. preternaturally long, thread attests. We have just been promoted, it happens to three clubs EVERY SINGLE YEAR. So why all your fuss?

If you don't like our over inflated ego, wouldn't it be better not to feed it? Especially when the subject thinks it it better to be hated than ignored?

For me, the most comparable club to Leeds United is Derby County.

Similar honours board, the most prolific period being in the late 60s to mid-70s.

Yet there isn't that playground antipathy towards them.

So we ask why. I'm sure if they had been coming up this year there wouldn't have been such shenanigans and heightened expectation. The supporters would have taken their place and got on with it.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

Sue me.

If you can't work that out then despite the polygluttonous* nature of your posts then I'm afraid you might be just a little dim. I'm sure you're not though.

*I've made that word up just for you. Hope you like it:smile:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I didn’t want to start my own thread so I’m tagging along on this one. My tangent is Indont really care fo4 the Clash and think them Massively overrated%[

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester

Good to know, thanks.
As an aside who knew that David Moyes spent time in lockdown delivering food parcels to the old and vulnerable?

KW, do you think he's going to stay and if so for how long? He's 65 years old now, and in a country well away from his home. Genuine question.

The issue to me with someone like this is that it must be difficult to plan around a coach like Bielsa. How long will he stay, who do we get to replace him when he goes. Etc.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Good to know, thanks.
As an aside who knew that David Moyes spent time in lockdown delivering food parcels to the old and vulnerable?

KW, do you think he's going to stay and if so for how long? He's 65 years old now, and in a country well away from his home. Genuine question.

The issue to me with someone like this is that it must be difficult to plan around a coach like Bielsa. How long will he stay, who do we get to replace him when he goes. Etc.

Oh no, Don't feed the whale with questions. It will never leave us in peace:facepalm:

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Oh no, Don't feed the whale with questions. It will never leave us in peace:facepalm:

I know! But this whole saga has given me some fun in a time when I can't watch the Albion.
Also, I can't believe how Leeds fans in general and their local press can't seem to move on from Ben White. It seems so self destructive when they need to be getting other team strengthening additions in. So far, just loan players re- signed and under 23s in.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I like this one. Cognitive dissonance in action (plus the repeat of the contract rejection lie).

The news that Dunk may be being sold and we’ll rely on Ben White to step up confuses this fan. “Why would a relegation threatened club rely on a lad who’s never played in the PL?”

Um, I got news for you pal. Look closer to home.

https://twitter.com/anyoldsport/status/1294917334499504128

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I like this one. Cognitive dissonance in action (plus the repeat of the contract rejection lie).

The news that Dunk may be being sold and we’ll rely on Ben White to step up confuses this fan. “Why would a relegation threatened club rely on a lad who’s never played in the PL?”

Um, I got news for you pal. Look closer to home.

https://twitter.com/anyoldsport/status/1294917334499504128

That Brighterbeat chap (the LUFC season ticket holder that the pillock is arguing with) appears to be quite intelligent though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
That Brighterbeat chap (the LUFC season ticket holder that the pillock is arguing with) appears to be quite intelligent though.

Yes he does, he seems to have clicked that we’re not selling BW. A voice of reason in a sea of delusion, it didn’t seem right to include him in this deluded thread [emoji56]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
“Not long for this world” is he dying now? Bloody hell. No wonder he doesn’t want to sign for you. Probably doesn’t want to be buried over a shop or immortalised in poorly spelled obituariries on Twitter or memorialised with a mural etched in crayon outside Poundland.

It's not often that a typo falls in such a place that it almost becomes its own ironic linguistic phenomenon. :lol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Apparently Elsa (still not signed) is not only holding out for BW, but Basel's Brazilian striker Arthur Cabral.

The 22 year old 6'2 brick outhouse, who loves a back heel, seems like exactly the sort of striker we're after. :whistle:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Apparently Elsa (still not signed) is not only holding out for BW, but Basel's Brazilian striker Arthur Cabral.

The 22 year old 6'2 brick outhouse, who loves a back heel, seems like exactly the sort of striker we're after. :whistle:

I would be horny for him, though I'm not sure he would get a work permit?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here