Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Greyhound is leaving the stadium - Schelotto leaving Albion

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Not really sure why everyone says he’s not good? Never played badly. More reliable than Montoya but he’s never going to be in same league as lamptey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not really sure why everyone says he’s not good? Never played badly. More reliable than Montoya but he’s never going to be in same league as lamptey.

Better footballer than Montoya but... reliable? Really?

When I do the big fat stats special at the end of the season, you'll see the heatmap of a man who makes the concept of chaos look like Dale Stephens.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The bottom line is teenage Lamptey has made more impact in six or seven matches than Schelotto has done in 3 seasons.

I like the guy, he was a character and I think he proved to be a worthwhile signing, he helped us but right now him moving is best for him and the club.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Like him as a person but he's 3rd choice now. From reading it it sounds like he wanted a longer deal rather than anything else. Could see us offering 1 year on his current wages or 2 with a paycut. Sad to see him go but with Lamptey and Montoya I can't see that it will damage the first team squad all that much. Bernardo and others can fill in at RB too.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Do we know where he's going (or does he know for that matter)? Or is he now basically jobless?

Wish him lick anyway.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Do we know where he's going (or does he know for that matter)? Or is he now basically jobless?

Wish him lick anyway.

Nope no new club yet.

I think a bottom half Serie A team is a fairly likely new destination. Cant see a PL club pick him up.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Good guy but we need better. Average at best when defending. He had good energy to get up & down the pitch, but there's little use to those overlapping runs if your crossing/shooting/passing is poor.

People always pick out the Chelsea game as a highlight, a game we lost by 4 goals if my memory is correct, which says a lot.....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Don’t know what games you’ve watched, terrible defensively. Way worse than Montoya IMO.

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
There were some fairly reputable looking stories published not long ago that Torino were after him.

Maybe him joining would help make them unde-Fiat-able?

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
Sorry that he is leaving. He had drive, enthusiasm and personality. He would have been a useful squad member if he was prepared to accept that... but clearly he wanted more.
Good luck to him , I wish him well.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Saw him on Brighton seafront yesterday- down by the paddling pool park. Seemed chirpy enough.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here