Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] David Stockdale

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Think DS was just a home loving Yorkshire lad whose family and fishing came first, and football came second. Not quite sure where setting up in business with Leon Knight came into the equation tho :lol:

In business with Leon Knight?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
My nearest Pro club, love them to go up. Lots flags flying locally, decently supported side for their size and history. Let’s hope they do it for Bill Turnbill! Come on the Chairboys!!

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
My nearest Pro club, love them to go up. Lots flags flying locally, decently supported side for their size and history. Let’s hope they do it for Bill Turnbill! Come on the Chairboys!!
Was my local team. Went to school in Wycombe and lived in Beaconsfield, Loudwater and Farnham Common between 89 and 02
Used to watch them regularly

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

They allowed us to do a sit in to demonstrate for a new stadium.
We also had great fun with a megaphone.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Was my local team. Went to school in Wycombe and lived in Beaconsfield, Loudwater and Farnham Common between 89 and 02
Used to watch them regularly

Very nearly had a beer in the Forresters in FC earlier!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Met him and he was first class with my daughter. There is a nasty pattern on NSC that as soon as a player leaves us they:

A) Are open to criticism that they would never have got when they were here from most - suddenly they were shit.

B) Are open to ridicule for the rest of their career.

Completely ignoring all the positive contributions they made to our club...

Doesn’t sit well with me. Bridcutt, Buckley etc all have had the same...

Hemed and Baldock too .... Albion heroes, but some boots put in, once they didn’t set the world alight for struggling EFL clubs.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Birmingham came calling with a 3 year contract on a salary of £40k a week.
Not sure he was worried where he was playing as this arrived each week.
Took the decision this was one last payday too good to turn down rather than stay with us or join Leeds.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I worked as a barman at The Stag in Burnham Beeches..

You undoubtedly must have served me then! Two of my closest friends had their wedding reception there too. Shame it’s gone, the barrier on the free car park, albeit not theirs, opposite them when they introduced charges was partly responsible. They wanted nearly a million each for the two houses they built on the site! For a semi detached with no parking! Wish the old tea hut in the dell in the BB just down the lane was also still there. Happy days, best cuppa in Bucks and only a quid. Saturday morning bacon butties and a dog walk. You could still drive through BB then too.

scamander

Aug 9, 2011
It's a familiar thing. Player leaves and was wrong, let's hope he fails. Also sometimes used as a yardstick to beat current players with.

Likewise any player who retires from international duty. While playing for the country he was nit good enough, retires and suddenly a cracking player who we don't have cover for.

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Stockdale was brilliant for us, I thought we were f*cked when he left and saw we got an unknown, short goalkeeper.......... thankfully that unknown, short goalkeeper is turned out to be pretty decent :D probably our best bit of recruitment tbh

Didn't Stockdale leave because he was only offered a 1 year deal? I think he would have stayed if offered a decent 3 year contract.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Hahaha, that was a classic own goal entirely Stockdale's fault. Still love the bloke though. I wonder if he's as deluded as his fellow fans though. I guess not as he would understand how football works.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here