Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I know I’ll feel the wrath of a couple here, but that’s because they’ve continued to suffer deaths from Delta. They were way behind the curve on vaccinations all the way through, partly awful strategy, partly a vast anti-vax movement which did eventually diminish.

But as a family we’re tripled jabbed and happy to comply with all laws overseas.

Is the percent vaccinated still as meaningfu as it once was though? Unvaxxinated people have been quite busy getting infected over the winter and any slack in the vaccination figues has now been partly taken up with 'natural immunity.' Are countries on a similar footing when vaxxed and 'recovered' (as it's termed here) have been added together?

Looking at today's figures 75.8% have had basic vaccination in Germany, 58% boosted and a sizable number have also been infected (this figure isnt showing on my app). This results in a 7.2 per 100,000 7 day incidence rate, 10.6% occupancy of ICU wards and R rate of 0.98. How does this compare with the UK?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Is the percent vaccinated still as meaningfu as it once was though? Unvaxxinated people have been quite busy getting infected over the winter and any slack in the vaccination figues has now been partly taken up with 'natural immunity.' Are countries on a similar footing when vaxxed and 'recovered' (as it's termed here) have been added together?

Looking at today's figures 75.8% have had basic vaccination in Germany, 58% boosted and a sizable number have also been infected (this figure isnt showing on my app). This results in a 7.2 per 100,000 7 day incidence rate, 10.6% occupancy of ICU wards and R rate of 0.98. How does this compare with the UK?

It was in March/April 2021 and Dec2021 to date. Countless lives literally saved by triple jabbed programmes, nations ahead on this (not just the UK), benefitted the most.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Anyone fancy a little jaunt on the Valiant Lady

0_PBA_LEC_1402322SHIPjpeg.jpg

Almost worthy of its own thread.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
It was in March/April 2021 and Dec2021 to date. Countless lives literally saved by triple jabbed programmes, nations ahead on this (not just the UK), benefitted the most.

For sure. Just musing over the here-and-now though. I think we’re I’m coming from is vax as many who want to be vaxxed and then let “nature” immune the others. “Darwin” also gets rid of anti-vaxxers as well; it’s what they want after all.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
For sure. Just musing over the here-and-now though. I think we’re I’m coming from is vax as many who want to be vaxxed and then let “nature” immune the others. “Darwin” also gets rid of anti-vaxxers as well; it’s what they want after all.

I respect your opinions and don't want to derail a happy holidays thread :)

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In Budapest at the moment.....no testing to travel, no need for a jab certificate and mask-wearing not a requirement other than on the flight here.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I was just about to start the ‘anyone know any bars in……’ thread :lolol:

Then photograph one of your party wearing an Albion top and start a thread "Of all the places in the world to bump into Seagulls supporters", to try and make out we're global.

I know all your tricks.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Thinking of going to Zadar in Croatia for a bit in the summer. It seems a nice place for some sunshine, beach, restaurant and bar action. Croatia is new to me. Anyone on here offer an opinion?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thinking of going to Zadar in Croatia for a bit in the summer. It seems a nice place for some sunshine, beach, restaurant and bar action. Croatia is new to me. Anyone on here offer an opinion?

I have spent time in Zadar. Just outside the main town. Zadar is beautiful. An old fortified harbour town. Beautiful beaches and bars . And the famous sunsets… stunning.

It’s very Italian being having been conquered and made into a vassal of Venice in the 900’s. So lots of pizza and pasta restaurants but other fare available. However, with this comes a very Catholic area so everything shut on Sundays and religious holidays. Worth bearing in mind.

They like their football and you’ll easily strike up conversation in the bars and clubs. Though, they are very causally racist and will come out with things about players that make your jaw drop. It’s just one of those things I’m afraid.

But it’s a good place, fairly cheap to eat and drink, very into football. Learn a few phrases as English is far from spoken by everyone.
Do keep a bit of an eye on the bars you go into, a lot of guys are veterans of the very nasty war and a bit edgy. But we only saw that in an out of town nightclub.
Nearly all are very pleasant people who bend over backward to help you. They will give you lifts etc if they see you lost. We had that a few times.

A word of warning; it gets VERY busy in the summer months. We went in mid September and it was quieter, very warm (shorts weather) and overall a great time.

Yeah, it’s a lovely looking place with lovely people. I rated it highly.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Given the absolute chaos at airports currently I am pleased with our choices of a med cruise out of Southampton with Audrey Roberts from Corra and a week in Lincolnshire near Boston.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Duplicate

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here