Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Holiday plans this summer?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We don't usually fly, but are going to southeastern Spain in late July. For those who have better familiarity of getting cheaper flights, is now the best time for me to book or is a 'sweet spot' at, say, three months prior to travelling?

My experience, especially with EasyJet, is the earlier the cheaper.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Just been to Pembrokeshire for a few days……absolutely glorious. Fantastic scenery. Did take a wide selection of coats though :lolol:

We go there a lot. Better when the weather allows you to spend long swathes of time on a beach. If you didn't make it to Marloes Sands, you should do next time; if you did make it to Marloes Sands, you will do next time.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
2 weeks in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico booked for August, last full family holiday before the boy leaves for University.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
2 weeks in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico booked for August, last full family holiday before the boy leaves for University.

Very jealous, thats where we went for our honeymoon. Absolutely beautiful resort. And no russians, which (as always) is a massive bonus

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Turkey for 17 nights in June

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Hope you're aware there will be loads of FOREIGNERS there.

Maybe one or two inquisitive Europeans but I imagine the Queen Vic in Corfu will mainly be full of sunburnt Brits.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

We are going there in August, hopefully the last "owed" TUI holiday as booked it for three years ago

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Just booked a ferry for our Motorhome for June - Portsmouth to Caen to be away about two and a half weeks.
Brittany Ferries not cheap, but just down the road and so much nicer than any alternative.
Haven’t booked any campsites yet, but probably sticking to West Coast of France. First time we’ve taken this van - 3 years old - over. Can’t wait.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
The incredibly long and detailed Passenger Locator Form requirement ends at 4am this Friday. :bowdown:

Travelling as a family with older teens, these have been a nightmare. In the last 2 or 3 days of a holiday having to have a stack of information and data to hand, and a screen large enough to type the answers.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-60741158

Great news all the requirements go on Friday- no more forms, no more tests.. to get back into the UK anyway.

Just need other countries to follow suit now. I feel like other places (e.g. France and Italy) are much more enthusiastic about punishing unjabbed folk- so it may be a while longer before they accept the inevitable and ditch all entry requirements.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here