Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
This is far more concerning, 40+% voted to put bumbling Boris in Number 10......30 odd % voted to put a rabid anti semite and terrorist sympathiser there. Can we even begin to imagine if that piece of filth was in charge during this most testing of times? Makes me shudder at the thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So just to confirm, your main argument in favour of Boris Johnson being in nominal charge of the British state is that he is preferable to a 'piece of filth' who never stood the remotest chance of leading the country anyway? In fairness to you I can't think of a decent case for the serial liar either but your argument is built on sand - it's like saying we should make Jurgen Locadia our main striker next season on the grounds that he is better than, say, me.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is far more concerning, 40+% voted to put bumbling Boris in Number 10......30 odd % voted to put a rabid anti semite and terrorist sympathiser there. Can we even begin to imagine if that piece of filth was in charge during this most testing of times? Makes me shudder at the thought.

Bless, fancy you " Shuddering " at the thought of a Labour government ! I thought you were built of sterner stuff than that ? I hope someone can be there to hold your hand and stroke your brow when you realise the full implications of leaving the EU without a deal.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

Once again, setting aside the obvious partial, emotive language I would agree that the choice between these two was arguably a bit bleak. Now the buffoon has the top job he has to be deposed, along with the unelected machiavellian Cummings. Independent minded Tory MPS are beginning to see that!

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
Once again, setting aside the obvious partial, emotive language I would agree that the choice between these two was arguably a bit bleak. Now the buffoon has the top job he has to be deposed, along with the unelected machiavellian Cummings. Independent minded Tory MPS are beginning to see that!

It would take an almighty swing at the next general election for Sir Kneel to get the keys to number 10.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
It would take an almighty swing at the next general election for Sir Kneel to get the keys to number 10.

I agree.... but in the meantime the remaining (few) decent tory politicians have a role to play in getting rid of this most mendacious of governments.... there is hope that things can be slightly better.

Bias language noted.

Baker lite

Banned
Mar 16, 2017
in my house
I agree.... but in the meantime the remaining (few) decent tory politicians have a role to play in getting rid of this most mendacious of governments.... there is hope that things can be slightly better.

Bias language noted.

It will certainly be interesting in 4 years time to see if the red wall starts to re-build itself, it will be a huge ask as Sir Kneel has spent the last 3 years opposing the Brexit vote, basically telling 5 million Labour voters their referendum choice does not matter.

Jan 30, 2008

GrizzlingGammon

Dec 15, 2018
It will certainly be interesting in 4 years time to see if the red wall starts to re-build itself, it will be a huge ask as Sir Kneel has spent the last 3 years opposing the Brexit vote, basically telling 5 million Labour voters their referendum choice does not matter.

He may not have to do anything. The Tories are creating an absolute mess of Brexit and Covid.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

You forget how everything the current Prime Minstrel has done in his life has always ended badly either for him or those around him.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
You forget how everything the current Prime Minstrel has done in his life has always ended badly either for him or those around him.

Yes.... mostly those around him. He wanted to be PM because.... he wanted to be PM

No sense of public service, no integrity, just self love and ruthless ambition.

....and some people actively helped him to realise his narcissistic dream.

https://www.facebook.com/JackWDart/photos/a.564222833681134/1967316893371714/?type=3&theater

Last edited:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Fat ******* tells country "you're all fat ********"

He might have been desperate to become PM, now it seems like he is doing everything he can to ensure he won't be re-elected.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
The oposition parties seem quick to seek political point scores with their criticism - are they working with the government and offering their wealth of experience with these types of situations or even some constructive advice for the good of our society? (I am not politically minded but am fed up to the hind teeth with the way that both our politicians and countries around the world seem to work against each other rather than team up and work together). I fear it would be the same which ever party held the reins and is why as a species we will always live at risk of some type of calamity Be it the making of nature or ourselves.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Fat ******* tells country "you're all fat ********"

He might have been desperate to become PM, now it seems like he is doing everything he can to ensure he won't be re-elected.
If he has any sense he should bail out in the next couple of years, the job isn't going to get any easier for him. He is patently unable to do the job. PMQ'S shows this up week after week.

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
The oposition parties seem quick to seek political point scores with their criticism - are they working with the government and offering their wealth of experience with these types of situations or even some constructive advice for the good of our society? (I am not politically minded but am fed up to the hind teeth with the way that both our politicians and countries around the world seem to work against each other rather than team up and work together). I fear it would be the same which ever party held the reins and is why as a species we will always live at risk of some type of calamity Be it the making of nature or ourselves.

Actually Keir Starmer claims to have done just that - and backs it up with letters and offers that indicate the Buffoon has totally ignored - or probably not been arsed to read - the communications.

This is borne out by the exchanges on PMQs which show how Labour is attempting to help and support the Government whilst ensuring they actually do something to counteract the adverse effects of Covid by 'holding them to task: testing and checking that the Government performs in action. Even to the extent of ascertaining that the PM didn't bother to read a document commissioned by his own Government that outlines and suggests ways to prepare for a possible increase in cases as winter sets in. Seems pretty sensible to me.

The Buffon usually just throws it back in the face of anyone making even a slightly critical comment - as in the cases in which he referred to Kalvin Klein briefs and flip-flops on Bournemouth beach.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

I understand your frustration but it is very hard for any decent politician to work with a government that seeks to circumvent the law to increase their own powers....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Sn5pvBKsBU

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
Actually Keir Starmer claims to have done just that - and backs it up with letters and offers that indicate the Buffoon has totally ignored - or probably not been arsed to read - the communications.

This is borne out by the exchanges on PMQs which show how Labour is attempting to help and support the Government whilst ensuring they actually do something to counteract the adverse effects of Covid by 'holding them to task: testing and checking that the Government performs in action. Even to the extent of ascertaining that the PM didn't bother to read a document commissioned by his own Government that outlines and suggests ways to prepare for a possible increase in cases as winter sets in. Seems pretty sensible to me.

The Buffon usually just throws it back in the face of anyone making even a slightly critical comment - as in the cases in which he referred to Kalvin Klein briefs and flip-flops on Bournemouth beach.

I will have to review as clearly I am missing some points - perhaps I got bored. Bottom line I genuinely believe if the shoe was on the other foot we would be having this very same discussion.

Look at the latest on Spain - acted promptly and is seen to be shambolic, if they had acted slowly and they would have been inept. Ffs we are one nation time we acted as such.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here