Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Avid Remainer has the time and money to travel around Europe on a farewell tour and sees exactly what he wants to see *shock* :D

Ha! You’re partly right - I was an avid Remainer, and obviously I did have the time and money to travel around Europe. I have a range of part time jobs, so I was able to fit in trips around work commitments. But I made sure the vast majority was NOT a holiday (the overnight train journey from Bucharest to Budapest springs to mind!). In amongst it all, I spent a month volunteering for a refugee charity in Greece, did some part-time work at a hospital in Finland, and stayed in very low budget Airbnbs or hostels in almost all the 27 countries I visited.

I’m not claiming that I saw EVERY part of EVERY country the EU, obviously - but it doesn’t take a genius to realise that most of the rest of Europe is progressing rather better than the UK at the moment. And there’s very little chance of us turning things round in the near future.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
re the track and trace app ... surely the developers of Pokemon go could have sorted it out in no time?

(I'm actually being serious here)

they could do it for all communicable diseases ... "you don't want to catch any of them"

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
have to wonder if Cameron had simply changed the colour of the passport what effect that would have had.

I imagine a few on here would have w@nked themselves to death?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
If you ever wondered what an invitation to an Islington dinner party would be like .. now you know.

When the Conservative and Unionist (for now)
Party gets that border in the Irish sea, I'll bet those Islington dinner parties won't care how you've f***ed yourself over.

They're selfish like that. I can't imagine why you were never invited :lolol:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
What a load of miserable whinging posts on this thread moaning about the hell on earth that is the UK.
Christ on a bike, listen to yourselves!???

Ah! The voice of the privileged. Look around you. The place is falling to bits. Because of the Tory party and Brexit.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Dominic Raab thinks taking a knee is something from Game of Thrones? Do me a favour. They are all complicit in a shocking ideologically driven failure to protect the people.

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
Ah! The voice of the privileged. Look around you. The place is falling to bits. Because of the Tory party and Brexit.

That is your view, but not mine.
For the record, I voted Tory and voted Remain, so perhaps I'm only half to blame.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
When the Conservative and Unionist (for now)
Party gets that border in the Irish sea, I'll bet those Islington dinner parties won't care how you've f***ed yourself over.

They're selfish like that. I can't imagine why you were never invited :lolol:

Oh, good stalkyMcStalky face is back .. I think I can hear a tiny little voice from my pocket :lolol:

be2129a7d619404a2335c49c0938a3a4--alligators-crocodiles.jpg

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
That is your view, but not mine.
For the record, I voted Tory and voted Remain, so perhaps I'm only half to blame.

If playing Islington dinner party bingo lookout for keywords such as ..

Gammon

Boris

Racists

Cummings

Brexit

Morons

Fascists

:D

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
Sometimes it takes fresh eyes to see what some always take for granted. Being born and living in this great country is an undoubted blessing which is why so many from around the world choose this country above all others to work and live. It's a shame we can't do a direct exchange of those citizens with people here who always run this country down, constantly wallowing in negativity and almost seem to enjoy any difficulties this country endures. You would think they'd be happy to clutter off to all the other parts of the world if they really thought life there is so much better.

Here's a little nuance that might not have occurred to you. It just might be that it's because we love our country that we don't like what is being done to it. Surely, that's not beyond the bounds of understanding?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Gammon

Boris

Racists

Cummings

Brexit

Morons

Fascists

We should have a game of bingo! You‘ve already done us nasty, smelly lefties and I’ll do the gam- sorry, almost gave one away (my bad!), I mean I’ll do some phrases often associated with the knuckle dragging righties! Sound fun? Right, how about;

“But Labour...” (generic statement insisting that, even after a decade of Tory rule, it’s Labour’s fault)

“Corbyn...*insert generic Daily Mail/ Sun/ Express smear here*

Communist

Corbynist

Momentum

Radical left

*Generic statement about Labour and the economy*

“I’m not racist but...”

Taking our country back

Remoaner

“ALL lives matter”

Anyone think I’ve missed any? ???

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
We should have a game of bingo! You‘ve already done us nasty, smelly lefties and I’ll do the gam- sorry, almost gave one away (my bad!), I mean I’ll do some phrases often associated with the knuckle dragging righties! Sound fun? Right, how about;

“But Labour...” (generic statement insisting that, even after a decade of Tory rule, it’s Labour’s fault)

“Corbyn...*insert generic Daily Mail/ Sun/ Express smear here*

Communist

Corbynist

Momentum

Radical left

*Generic statement about Labour and the economy*

“I’m not racist but...”

Taking our country back

Remoaner

“ALL lives matter”

Anyone think I’ve missed any? ???

You forgot to add some paranoid ramblings about trades unions.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

Gammon

Boris

Racists

Cummings

Brexit

Morons

Fascists

The thing is though Footy Genius, you're not very bright. You're just a right wing/Tory Party activist.

That's all fine, but don't take yourself too seriously any more with the state of the world as it is.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
There are two reasons for the fact we still can’t quite ignore these threads -

1) football isn’t back properly until this Saturday at 3pm

2) the present incompetent Government is just SO BAD it is quite unbelievable. It’s staggeringly bad - every day and many people just can’t ignore it

God help us all!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
When Bill Archer was selling our club down the river, were there Brexiteer types calling everyone whinging moaners and telling us to “get behind the club and support Archer. If you keep being negative then you’re against the club. I’m sure he knows what he’s doing”?

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I'd better swerve political coverage for a while. After seeing dim Dom talking like a proper kunnt today, I have no more cringe pipes left to burst.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here