Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Just how awful is this government? June 2020 edition

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Where are all the posts/threads about the proposed inflation busting 6.6% increase in the national minimum wage? NSC I am so very disappointed and surprised ...[emoji6]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Owen Patterson

Ex-minister Owen Paterson could be suspended from the Commons for 30 days after an MPs' watchdog found he had "repeatedly" used his position as an MP to benefit two companies who paid him as a consultant.

The watchdog described his actions as "an egregious case of paid advocacy".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59049343

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Owen Patterson

Ex-minister Owen Paterson could be suspended from the Commons for 30 days after an MPs' watchdog found he had "repeatedly" used his position as an MP to benefit two companies who paid him as a consultant.

The watchdog described his actions as "an egregious case of paid advocacy".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-59049343

Three times his MP's salary.

[tweet]1452920233971306496[/tweet]

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Three times his MP's salary.

[tweet]1452920233971306496[/tweet]
I notice with interest that he has totally rejected the decision of the cross party committee that investigated his misdemeanours. Thats the way Tory politics works now, deny or ignore any criticism or get your chum Johnson to overrule it.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I notice with interest that he has totally rejected the decision of the cross party committee that investigated his misdemeanours. Thats the way Tory politics works now, deny or ignore any criticism or get your chum Johnson to overrule it.

Hopefully his electorate won't ignore it. There is always a line whether it is Tory sleaze or Tory sleaze.

Lever

Feb 6, 2019

The most striking thing is that it is no surprise that several of the main Brexit boys habitually do corrupt things and get away with it....... they have been doing so since 2016!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The most striking thing is that it is no surprise that several of the main Brexit boys habitually do corrupt things and get away with it....... they have been doing so since 2016!
Indeed, when you see the likes of Patel, Raab and Hancock just shrugging off their illegal actions it empowers the rest of them to follow suit. Sounds like Patterson would be missing out on big money if suspended, heaven forbid!

Lever

Feb 6, 2019
Screenshot 2021-10-26 at 20.59.12.png

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Where are all the posts/threads about the proposed inflation busting 6.6% increase in the national minimum wage? NSC I am so very disappointed and surprised ...[emoji6]

Won’t be busting inflation by much though

Let’s hope the NHS sees a similar rise

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

This is very much a welcome development. A couple of related points:
-- I trust you're aware that this has very little to do with the government, and the pay rise will be picked up largely by the private sector
-- it's delightful that you've now become a convert to inflation-busting pay rises (note, these are the only -- *real terms* -- pay rises). Can you indicate some prior posts where you've advocated and celebrated real terms pay rises for other workers or sectors? And we're looking forward to you castigating this government if it is the case that the public sector pay freeze that they've just triumphantly announced actually amounts to an increase below the current rates of inflation, that is it amounts to a *real terms* pay cut.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This new Tory government is brilliant! I just don't get why they were not spaffing the cash out like this for the last 10 years odd.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
Another step closer to the North Korea our Brexit idealogues yearn for....

mirror.jpeg

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
The Commons debate on the Owen Paterson case comes up tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how many crawl out from underneath their stones to stick by their mate. Jacob Rees Mogg might well feature. With friends like that..................

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The Commons debate on the Owen Paterson case comes up tomorrow. It'll be interesting to see how many crawl out from underneath their stones to stick by their mate. Jacob Rees Mogg might well feature. With friends like that..................

[tweet]1455639296946446337[/tweet]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here