Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] Your favourite Western films and tv series

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I love Westerns

3.10 to Yuma with Russell Crowe

A few people have mentioned this. It's not one I've seen but the original version is excellent.

I very rarely watch remakes as they're normally not very good (see Italian Job, Get Carter, Blade Runner etc) but the Russell Crowe does seem to get a lot of thumbs-up from people.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
A few people have mentioned this. It's not one I've seen but the original version is excellent.

I very rarely watch remakes as they're normally not very good (see Italian Job, Get Carter, Blade Runner etc) but the Russell Crowe does seem to get a lot of thumbs-up from people.

Yes the original is excellent (Glenn Ford? ..... off the top of my head so apologies if wrong)

Just wanted to be more up to date instead of saying the obvious Good, The Bad and The Ugly etc. because we all know they are classics.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
For me The high Chaparral, Bonanza and Kung Fo were the best Cowboy TV shows while I am not a big film buff I would have to say Blazing Saddles, How the west was won and The Alimo are my favourite Cowboy films

A bit left Field but how about "Wild, Wild West". Sixties TV series and a '90's film. Described as "James Bond on horseback" anticipating "steam punk" by many years.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Don’t think I’ve ever seen a western , good old cowboys against Indians , probably not PC in these times anymore . Does Dallas count ? Used to enjoy that along with Dynasty.

Can't even remember which decade a western was cowboys against Indians. You need to gen up a bit, there have been some cracking westerns in the last 20 years as demonstrated on this thread.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Once Upon a Time in the West

Fonda, Bronson

Killer music.

....and Outlaw Josey Wales

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
I still remember going to the Palladium Cinema? on Brighton sea front with my parents about 70 years ago to see "Duel In The Sun". There was a man in a neighbouring seat who was saying how there was a thin dividing line between Love and Hate. It didn't dawn on me until many years later why the film was known as "Lust In The Dust".
Times change and the sexual themes would be considered quite tame in the present day.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Love Westerns
1.Outlaw Josey Wales
2.The Big Country
3.Any Spaghetti Western with Clint Eastwood
4.The Magnificent Seven
5.How The West Was Won

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Magnificent Seven
Young Guns
Good Bad Ugly
True Grit
Tombstone
The Assassination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford
Dark Country
Unforgiven
Blazing Saddles
The Quick and the Dead
Maverick
Deadwood
3:10 to Yuma
Bone Tomahawk
Dead Man

Last edited:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
The Good the Bad and the Ugly.

Lee van Cleef is the best baddie of all time.

Does The Hateful Eight count? Loved that film.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LVC an interesting character, a car crash left him in severe pain throughout filming with Leone, and there were doubts about whether he'd be able to ride a horse so mangled was his knee, often had to take breaks in filming due to the pain.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
McLintock is on French TV tonight

Will be wierd The Duke speaking in French

Never realised a young Stephanie Powers was in that

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here