Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ? 8th May

How do you think Boris has handled it so far ?

• Superb

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Very Good

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Good

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Average

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Poor

Votes: 44 26.2%
  • Very Poor

Votes: 84 50.0%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Sir Roger Gale on the radio now. He sounds 25% livid and 75% upset. Shocking.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Sir Roger Gale on the radio now. He sounds 25% livid and 75% upset. Shocking.

I saw that, on the tele though. He spoke well in what must be a very difficult situation to comment on. How he must be embarrassed by the current governing Conservative party.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Ah, so still no actual news re you saying Stanley travelled to see his grandson the weekend of May 10,

Stanley Johnson travelling up from Somerset to see his new grandson, and Dominic Cummings visiting his parents in Durham. Both done last weekend.

just random people on twitter sharing unsubstantiated gossip.

and when you said @iamsimonyoung (whoever he is) actually saw Cummings in Durham on May 10

@iamsimonyoung Twitter

Saw Dominic Cummings in Durham 10th May.

and you would reveal the tweet today

[tweet]1259591486523486209[/tweet]

Turns out the tweet didn’t say that he actually saw Cummings in Durham on May 10th at all.
Just engaging in Chinese twitter whispers too about may 10

You clearly only let yourself interpret what suits your agenda.
Your Pinocchio status is still secure.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How do I think Boris has done so far?

Pretty well, I think, bearing in mind this is a crisis unprecedented since the Black Death (probably - or maybe The Plague of 1665).......................until this evening, that is.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
maybe a new poll with "poor" being the best option?

As more stuff comes out and the response from things that come out I think the whole government have been on the verge of shambolic. Lessons have been learnt and more will be learnt over the coming weeks and months but overall despite it being unprecedented times the delays from day 1 have caused many thousands of deaths and suffering, and although I have nothing against Boris personally and wish him well he just comes across as a bumbling baffoon.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
[tweet]1265218396519575552[/tweet]

Is the country finally realising that this government has reduced us to an International laughing stock?

2/10 (-1) from May 13th.

The trust has gone, we're in trouble

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Johnson proving how inept he is this afternoon as he gave answers (well waffled a lot) in front of the Committee.

I would expect the polls to show even less support for Johnson after that performance, and many backbench MPs will be demanding that Johnson ups his game

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Johnson proving how inept he is this afternoon as he gave answers (well waffled a lot) in front of the Committee.

I would expect the polls to show even less support for Johnson after that performance, and many backbench MPs will be demanding that Johnson ups his game

And don't forget that numerous posters on NSC (which is awash with labour luvvies) still think that Corbyn is still leader of the labour party. :shrug:

Imagine the scenes when they realise labour is now lead by Sir Steer Calmer, who has quietly been keeping his powder dry while the tories think about tearing Boris and Cumface apart. Note I didn't say tearing themselves apart. There is no split (a la Militant vs PLP). We have a small number of critical MPs, a small number of nodding dogs reading Cumface's scripts, and the vast majority of tory MPs in the middle feeling a bit sick about the leadership, constitutionally unwilling to complain, yet far far away from venting frothy mouth vitriol like they might have done over much less important issues such as gay marriage and Brexit (by important I mean an issue that may finish the PM in the eyes of the nation).

As for goons claiming this is a media driven plot. . . . :facepalm:

Anyway, I'd like to offer my best wishes to liefelong tories who are aghast at all this. A perfectly decent doctrine (facilitate enterprise and personal freedom, and wealth will follow for all). It was never 'lie and manipulate the masses for the purposes of party and personal fortune'. Never.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
I hoped he'd grow up when he became PM. He didn't.

I hoped he'd see things differently after his hospitalization. No evidence of that so far.

Silly kunnt.

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
His performance at the Liaison Committee was classic Johnson. Leopards, spots and change come to mind. Evasive, under-prepared, lame attempts at humour, a sprinkling of charm, long meandering answers trying to count down the clock, repetition of empty phrases, occasional bursts of aggression, and the mandatory reference to something being 'world beating'. And all of the time looking shifty.
He'll do his best to avoid that lot again.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
[TWEET]1265885480144470023[/TWEET]

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
[TWEET]1265885480144470023[/TWEET]

This is an absolutely damning piece given we had advance notice and weren’t take so by surprise as say Italy was. Our procrastination, lack of urgency and completely bottling closing the economy down early has cost us dearly.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
This is an absolutely damning piece given we had advance notice and weren’t take so by surprise as say Italy was. Our procrastination, lack of urgency and completely bottling closing the economy down early has cost us dearly.

Exactly. It's this that should make the public's blood boil. Governments are oh so quick to trot out the trite phrase that their primary duty is to protect the public from danger. Their record on the CV19 is about as bad as it gets, especially when global comparisons are factored in.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
And this from Natalie Dean, assistant professor of Biostatistics, University of Florida (from the FT article);

“I was very surprised by the delayed response in the UK. Given what we were observing in Italy at the time and that the UK was on the exact same trajectory, had the same very steep rise, I was surprised to see discussion about waiting. There was an immediate need to stop what was happening,” she said.

“For London, in particular, it was clear that there was a steep rise, so it’s reasonable to think earlier intervention would have saved lives.”

And yet the BoJo lovers, continue to blindly support him and his government.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here