Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Ben White - Sings new FOUR year deal.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I think so too but a significant fee for an outgoing player would allow us to realign our budget.

The elusive 20 goal a season striker at this level is ground we've never broken before. We've also never sold a prospect with this sort of value and doing so would allow us to push the envelope in an area of the pitch where we need it more.

We need to be looking far beyond the 20m even 40m bracket for a goal scorer with as much future potential as the likes of Ben. That's where we need to invest, and reinvesting a fee for one of our many CBs could allow us to do this.

4 players a season on average reach 20 goals.

The odds are we will never a 20 goal a season player at this level, selling Ben White to try and sign one is like remortgaging your house to buy lottery tickets.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
The only way I can see us selling Ben White this summer is to a big club for big money, and why would a big club pay big money for an unproven player?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Trying to communicate with these morons is impossible, It’s like they’re all preloaded with default responses, if you provide them with any kind of informed opinion apparently it’s because “you’re rattled” or “shitting em’selves” . If you ask them why they get abuse, it’s a bit weird really.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Trying to communicate with these morons is impossible, It’s like they’re all preloaded with default responses, if you provide them with any kind of informed opinion apparently it’s because “you’re rattled” or “shitting em’selves” . If you ask them why they get abuse, it’s a bit weird really.

It’s because deep down they are all thinking the same as this bloke

48e62b294803dea1ad887875e3151b38.jpg

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I'll have some of what you're smoking

Figures based entirely on the fees that have been reported in the press recently.

Duffy to West Ham/West Brom for £10,000,000
March to Saints/Everton/Newcastle for £15,000,000
Leaving Montoya to go for ~£5,000,000.

:shrug:

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I will run on the pitch and cut my season ticket in half, the first day we are back, if we sell White to those ****s from Leeds. How embarrassing would selling him to Leeds be now, after all that has gone on with those deluded twats?

I had a little browse of WACCOE the other day and a Leeds fan was wondering why all of our fans call them deluded. A few posts prior, one of their fans had been saying we’re not direct rivals to them because we’ll be in a relegation scrap and there’s no chance they will be. :rolleyes:

They’re in for a big shock next season and I; for one, can’t wait to see it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
It’s because deep down they are all thinking the same as this bloke

48e62b294803dea1ad887875e3151b38.jpg

I am looking forward to the meltdown when they play a top six club, hopefully on day 1, and get a 6 or 7 goal thrashing. Or even better play us and we hand one out, except we don’t do thrashings do we? :down:

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Correct - we need a collective additional 20 goals a season to be top half. Next season I'd take an additional 5 each from Maupay and Connolly, and 10 from elsewhere.

20 more goals a season would be fantastic but it's not necessarily needed to reach the top half. We scored 39 goals last season, 20 more would put us on 59, scoring something approaching 50 goals a season in the Premier League would push us well up the table if we continue with a similar defensive record to what we've had the last 3 seasons.

Wolves finished 7th with 51 goals. Only the teams who finished above Wolves and Arsenal scored more. 10 extra goals would be more than enough to be in the mix to finish 9th -13th, anything more and we could be well be on the fringes of the Europa league spots. Maupay pushing on towards 15, Conolloy approaching double figures and the midfield finding their scoring boots and we will moving in the right direction. Seems so simple when its written down, if only it was that easy on the pitch.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Figures based entirely on the fees that have been reported in the press recently.

:shrug:

In the real world, there is no way that any club is paying 15m for March.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
@Kalimantan
That is an excellent post. With all tribalism removed that is pretty much spot.
Have you ever thought about going into a career of divorce mediation?

My own personal feeling is that time changes everything. Within a few weeks back at Brighton everyone will have moved on and will be talking about other things.
In a years time Brighton will know how their other prospects are developing.

I personally think we have another gem on our hands also. Having seen Matt Clarke's player of the year highlights for Derby County I think he may well be a better player than most of us have realised. He seems to be a clone of Lewis Dunk.

Thanks! Ha, that would be quite a career change :lolol: Does it pay well ???

You are quite probably right in some senses, but I think it will rumble on in one way or another. Leeds fans have got very attached to White and they're not going to get over him in a hurry

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
i want leeds to be relegated more than Palace. There.....I said it....

Think there’s a growing number of us who feel the same...

My dream relegation trio is: Villa, Leeds, Palace.

I promise I will be breaking out some Latin for our Leeds friends once their relegation is confirmed.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
It’s the Withdean mentality, sadly some of our fans are stuck in that mindset.

10-15 years ago we had to sell our best assets to keep the club afloat. Some people have just never progressed on from that stage in our history. Even if we have to buy to sell we’re now in a position where we don’t have to sell our most exciting youngster because nobody else is worth anything.

Sell Montoya, Duffy & March for £30,000,000 or sell Ben White for £30,000,000. The people who can’t fathom that the first option is a realistic path and much better for the club will clock on one day... hopefully.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

This.

AND £30m would be an appalling decision for an asset who will be worth the same or double in a years time. Equally staggered some people don’t get that.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
In the real world, there is no way that any club is paying 15m for March.

You say that but if we were offered the following for £15m what would you think?

91 appearances in Premier League in last 3 seasons
Age 26
England under 20 and under 21 international

We would certainly pay £15m for that type of experience and lots on here would be licking their lips at that price.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

I think you've put an extra 0 on March :lolol:

And we bought Montoya for £6m. He'll be 30 next season, I can't see he's only lost £1m

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
makes me laugh all the anti leeds stuff on here due to a few bellends that shout loudest on twitter and social media.

They have a big fanbase so they will have more twats to be heard.

A quick look on social media shows we have plenty of tools as well , doesnt mean the whole fan base are.

In the real world i imagine most Leeds fans are pretty reasonable about it. All the vitriol back to the few that mouth off just makes us look like twats as well.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
At best, it would be a sideways move in his career, and a huge gamble that they would have a higher chance of staying up next year than us. W.

Add to that the fact that here his Premier League development will be able to progress in a sensible fashion. There's no real pressure on him - just curiosity from the fans and the hope that he will continue to improve as he has throughout all of his loan spells. Go to Leeds, where he's likely to be even busier defensively, and his every move will be scrutinised nationally because of the big price tag. It could work for him but a few mistakes of the type that are natural in young players would quickly see him branded an over-priced "flop" - and that can be damaging.

Originunknown

BINFEST'ING
Aug 30, 2011
SUSSEX
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

This.

AND £30m would be an appalling decision for an asset who will be worth the same or double in a years time. Equally staggered some people don’t get that.

Rose tinted glasses again. The gulf for Ben stepping up with us is the same as the gulf for Leeds coming up.

His value is certainly not guaranteed to increase. Let's wait until he's kicked a ball against some decent teams before counting speculative future fees.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here