ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Off topic, but as this is a cricket thread and just in case you haven't seen this on the good news thread, this brought a tear to my eye:

Captain Tom Moore Gets Surprise Call From His Sporting Hero: England Test Skipper Joe Root

https://www.sportbible.com/other/cr...call-from-his-sporting-hero-joe-root-20200421

[tweet]1252629034774691840[/tweet]

Gosh. I've met Joe on quite a few occasions and he is a genuinely lovely bloke. That made me have to remove some grit from my eye as well.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Marvellous Scenes but lets get back to the thread, who has won the toss vs. the Convicts all time XI and who is batting?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Marvellous Scenes but lets get back to the thread, who has won the toss vs. the Convicts all time XI and who is batting?

I don't know. What's the venue and what are the conditions like? I take it that it's a nice green top

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Think I said Trent Bridge with quite a generous covering of grass, cool and cloudy as well.

Joe Root has won the toss and put them in. Plenty of life in the wicket but the Australians do have Trumper, the best bad wicket player of all time, and Bradman first wicket down - as well as the little matter of Hayden (a test average of 50) to get out. But a couple of early wickets would be handy ... and four or five would be a dream start.

Anderson's got the new cherry and he's set to bowl to Hayden ...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Anderson not on target in the first over, a bit of a loosener is flicked through mid-wicket for 4 and there's a pust through the covers for two.

Tate has the new ball at the other end and he's more accurate, Trumper finding him harder to get away. A maiden.

Anderson over pitches again and Hayden crashes it through mid-off for four, moving into double figures.

But next ball is a fraction wider and some late swing, Hayden flashes and it flies to Botham at second slip

Australia 10-1 in the third over.

Bradman in ....

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Bradman and Trumper are playing steadily now and beginning to get on top of the bowling. Bradman is particularly brutal on anything dropped fractionally short, while Trumper is picking up all late movement. Anderson and Tate have been plugging away but Hammond may be looking for a change - Botham is warming up at second slip.

Australia 42-1 after 10 overs

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
Bradman and Trumper are playing steadily now and beginning to get on top of the bowling. Bradman is particularly brutal on anything dropped fractionally short, while Trumper is picking up all late movement. Anderson and Tate have been plugging away but Hammond may be looking for a change - Botham is warming up at second slip.

Australia 42-1 after 10 overs

Will cakes be sent in for the TMS team on commentary?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Botham has replaced Tate but it's a terrible start: The first ball is short and wide and crashed through gully. He over pitches for the second and it's eased through the covers and the final ball is pulled through mid-wicket. 12 off the over.

Anderson's still on but he's beginning to tire, Trumper eases him away for a four and an elegant two.

Botham's back to Bradman and after a couple of straight ones, Bradman's after him again - the ball is crashed through the covers for four. he does it again, off the back foot this time. But the final ball is a beauty, starts outside off stump and cuts back to him, there's an inside edge and Knott takes a diving catch.

Bradman's out for under 50! Australia 71-2 (Bradman 37, Trumper 24*). Australia are batting at a cracking pace but England will be happy with two batsmen back in the hutch.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Barnes has replaced Anderson and the ball is doing a bit a now. Trumper guides a ball down to third man for a single

Smith facing Barnes now and he goes for his trademark whip across his pads but misjudges it as the ball comes in sharply. He's caught bang in front, no chance of review.

Australia 72-3 and England will feel on top now

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Border's in and he and Trumper aren't finding it easy against some testing bowling. Botham is getting some late swing and Barnes, with his easy action, is moving it off the pitch.

Botham is trying to keep the right-hander down his end and move it away, while Barnes is constantly beating the left-hander's bat.

It's slow progress after the excitement of Bradman and Australia have inched their way up to 83-3

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Border gets a thick outside edge and it flies between Knott and Cook for a streaky four.

But next ball, holds its line and Border is trapped in front. He thinks of a review but Trumper shakes his head and Border has to walk off with a disappointing 7.

Australia 87-4 and really in trouble now

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Border gets a thick outside edge and it flies between Knott and Cook for a streaky four.

But next ball, holds its line and Border is trapped in front. He thinks of a review but Trumper shakes his head and Border has to walk off with a disappointing 7.

This is a great start, especially getting rid of the Don so cheaply, have to keep it tight however...

What are Tates figures BTW?

Buffalo Seagull

Jun 1, 2006
Geelong, Vic, Australia

Can’t say I’m surprised. The one change I was going to suggest for your lineup was to drop Border for Greg Chappell.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here