Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Old Brighton Postcard

Seagull's Return

Nov 7, 2003
Brighton
Including (in the top pic) the angling shop owned by Jack Ball, ex-Brighton 'keeper. My Dad bought me my first sea rod there, second-hand, a million years ago; I remember Jack being a friendly bloke. Mind you, he had just flogged us a lousy bit of ancient crap, to be fair. He was probably beside himself with joy.

PeterT

Apr 21, 2017
Hove
There is a second bloke on that roof, and a rickety ladder. Nothing that John Noakes wouldn’t have done in a pair of trainers.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Royal York Buildings?

reb1.jpg

reb2.jpg

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
334192E3-D345-4904-B10A-2B93011A114A.jpeg

London Road Brighton 1960, this building now demolished to make way for more student accommodation.
I saw this today on The Argus website, sorry I can’t post a Google Earth screenshot of what the building looked like before the recent demolition.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Kodak film. When was the last time anyone bought any film for their camera!
Interestingly, I've just spent 5 days copying a load of 8mm videos onto my hard drive. They come from 1989 to 2001. There are a few parties from those days and the first thing you notice is not a single mobile phone anywhere. The bad news is that the original copy to disc has to be done in real time.
I still remember weddings I DJ'd at in 2002 where throw away camers were left on the tables. My shop sold Kodak film and looking back the last one I sold was in 2004.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here