Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Bellcheeses In The Supermarket (Coronavirus Edition)

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
If it’s mum and teenage son then the son is probably the designated mule. Mum probably can’t manage to carry all the shopping on her own. They might be walking home.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
I know enough about me and my family to know my great galumphing special needs children can't be left alone in the house together despite presenting as 'normal' teenagers.

So attacking those people you know nothing about is the same as attacking me, whom you also know nothing about.

Attacking? Hyperbole much? Take a slower read of my initial post, it’s not as scathing as you’re painting it out to be.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I know enough about me and my family to know my great galumphing special needs children can't be left alone in the house together despite presenting as 'normal' teenagers.

So attacking those people you know nothing about is the same as attacking me, whom you also know nothing about.

I you being serious that you can’t leave your teenagers home alone?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
plenty of parents plus one child, but when I say child I mean late teens. Surely, for everyone’s benefit, only the adult needed to make the journey?

Tesco in Shoreham is the store I use.
You are clearly turning on those parents with a child in tow, despite having no knowledge of their situation, as clearly proved by your initial response to me.

Now sure in many cases you may well be correct, but not all, which is the point.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

[/QUOTE]Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.[/QUOTE]

'Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, when you do criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.' Steve Martin.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I you being serious that you can’t leave your teenagers home alone?

The trauma inflicted on my adopted children at the pre-verbal stage of their development has left deep mental health wounds.

They would probably be fine 6 out of 10 times but the potential for serious violent outbursts always looms large and over the last 10 years has taken it's toll on my mental health as well.

I can't guarantee I am equipped to deal with walking in at the fall out out of an incident let alone them.

So I prefer to do away with the whole stressful incident by just taking one with me.
That in turn has now developed to leaving one in the car while I shop and maintain the harmony.

So in answer to your question

Sadly I am being serious when I say I can't leave my teenagers home alone.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
The trauma inflicted on my adopted children at the pre-verbal stage of their development has left deep mental health wounds.

They would probably be fine 6 out of 10 times but the potential for serious violent outbursts always looms large and over the last 10 years has taken it's toll on my mental health as well.

I can't guarantee I am equipped to deal with walking in at the fall out out of an incident let alone them.

So I prefer to do away with the whole stressful incident by just taking one with me.
That in turn has now developed to leaving one in the car while I shop and maintain the harmony.

So in answer to your question

Sadly I am being serious when I say I can't leave my teenagers home alone.

Being adopted myself I would be happy to listen to the challenges you have faced, on or off piste[emoji106]

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
You are clearly turning on those parents with a child in tow, despite having no knowledge of their situation, as clearly proved by your initial response to me.

Now sure in many cases you may well be correct, but not all, which is the point.

Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes.

Right, you’ve diluted “attacking them” to “turning on them”, why not just acknowledge that you’ve over reacted.
Rather than trying to paint me as a villain perhaps a reply of “I guess we don’t know everyone’s circumstances do we”, which admittedly isn’t something I’d considered whilst stressing my tits off in a jam packed chilled aisle in Tesco.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Right, you’ve diluted “attacking them” to “turning on them”, why not just acknowledge that you’ve over reacted.
Rather than trying to paint me as a villain perhaps a reply of “I guess we don’t know everyone’s circumstances do we”, which admittedly isn’t something I’d considered whilst stressing my tits off in a jam packed chilled aisle in Tesco.

I have no intention in keeping this running any longer.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
There are an awful lot of hysterical, self righteous vigilantes out there. All of of whom are deeply unappealing.

This thread reads like a local Facebook group I currently have the misfortune to belong to. Virtually everyone on that can just shut up and go fund themselves. Jumped up little Hitlers, the lot of them

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There are an awful lot of hysterical, self righteous vigilantes out there. All of of whom are deeply unappealing.

This thread reads like a local Facebook group I currently have the misfortune to belong to. Virtually everyone on that can just shut up and go fund themselves. Jumped up little Hitlers, the lot of them

Most of it I don't recognise either.

I think there might be something about the size of shop, loads of references to Holmbush and Durrington.
By comparison my 'little' Aldi has been a dream, customers and staff alike.

One of the till staff was saying they felt there's a greater expectation from the larger stores to provide, which in turn is making everybody 'twitchy'.
Yet Aldi have almost everything and those that are there shopping seem happy enough.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Just been to Lidl in Burgess Hill. Orderly queue, one in/one out being marshalled by a guy on the door and plenty of stock inside, particularly fresh fruit, veg and meat. As I was leaving a couple were about to go in, the guy on the door politely said ‘just one of you please- we’re trying to keep numbers as low as possible’ whereupon the bloke went into a foul-mouthed rant, slammed the trolley back into the line of empty trollies and stomped off across the car park. So Bellcheese Not In The Supermarket I guess [emoji23][emoji23]

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
Just been to Lidl in Burgess Hill. Orderly queue, one in/one out being marshalled by a guy on the door and plenty of stock inside, particularly fresh fruit, veg and meat. As I was leaving a couple were about to go in, the guy on the door politely said ‘just one of you please- we’re trying to keep numbers as low as possible’ whereupon the bloke went into a foul-mouthed rant, slammed the trolley back into the line of empty trollies and stomped off across the car park. So Bellcheese Not In The Supermarket I guess [emoji23][emoji23]

:clap:

Thanks for posting that ... I needed a laugh :smile:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Top Bell-cheesery in the co-op today, some doris got to the single till that was open, had all her stuff rung up and says "Oh, I forgot a couple of bits" and goes off round the shop trying to find them.
F...ing cretin.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Exactly my experience in Tesco Worthing yesterday as I posted above somewhere. It was horrible and I left very unhappy at the whole stressful experience.

My previous visits there were around 9pm when it was deserted. They had fewer things on the shelves, but I’d take that over my experience of yesterday every time.

(Why did you both go though?)

My wife was worried about rationing (we didn’t realise that has been relaxed a bit now) and we had to shop for her 93 year old mother and my 77 year old father who has motor neurone!

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
So today we had:

People ignoring the queue to get in

People ignoring the one arrows in store

People starting to shout at each other - two camps those following SD and those not - I personally side with the not following in this case, if you are that bothered don’t come to a massive shop....

People back to stockpiling items that are off the banned list

The car park was packed and those numbers do not tally with numbers in store - they were walking around town

People clearly not in the same family groups

Repeat visitors coming back as forgot something.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I enjoyed the spectacle of a shopper having a go at a boomer today. The guy had an inept homemade face mask on but was going through the various salad items handling every ****ing item. A bloke who had been patiently waiting behind the elderly dickhead when i first spotted him eventually lost his temperand asked him to stop fondling every lhead of lettuce and celery. Dickehead didn't seem to understand why people were less than happy with him pawing away at every bunch of spring onions in the crate.
It's just an anecdotal observation but the age group in roughly late 50's to early 70's are absolutley the worst demographic for selectively obeying the rules of the lockdown

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here