Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Surprised Merc haven’t confirmed Russell or Hamilton yet- FP1 in about 15 hours time... cutting it fine!!

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

D

Deleted member 2719

What a true British Champion! Has covid and yet gets off his death bed to entertain the crowds. And he’ll win. Mercs must be delighted to have him back after the debacle last week

Haha, poor Lewis, struggling with his millions and losing his case to stop a watch company using the Hamilton name. What a tough tough year this man has had.

What a self obsessed tosser.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Haha, poor Lewis, struggling with his millions and losing his case to stop a watch company using the Hamilton name. What a tough tough year this man has had.

Obsessed you say? See, you do have something in common with Lewis :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, his obsession is constructive but yours is quite sad :shrug:

D

Deleted member 2719

Obsessed you say? See, you do have something in common with Lewis :thumbsup:

We do have things in common but we are POLES a part.

He puts himself in the limelight constantly on twitter and social media, I may do that on NSC but not many know me on here, so it's not about look at me.

You won't see me gobbing off on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. :cool:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003

He puts himself in the limelight constantly on twitter and social media, I may do that on NSC but not many know me on here, so it's not about look at me.

If the interest was there and you were a sporting superstar, you 100% would be

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

No, just endlessly tossing yourself off on here.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Mould. Yes, Covid doesn’t distinguish on wealth, and he is in a high risk category. But like a true Britchamp that he is he beats covid like he beats the opposition, in super quick pace. Lets fly the British flag together :bigwave:

D

Deleted member 2719

If the interest was there and you were a sporting superstar, you 100% would be

Clearly you don't know me, I am no extravert. More of a TB, stealth like.

No, just endlessly tossing yourself off on here.

I would suggest you are double the tosser, as you have double the posts per day.:lolol:

98 of them, I'd say.

Yep, my exact point. However my nephew at 16 did better times in a Merc simulated than Hamilton, yes it's in the genes, so given the opportunities you never know.
You could be a world champion at something. Any ideas what that might be?

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Yep, my exact point. However my nephew at 16 did better times in a Merc simulated than Hamilton, yes it's in the genes, so given the opportunities you never know.
You could be a world champion at something. Any ideas what that might be?

Is that where the animosity stems from? Hamilton stole your glory in karting?

I'm pretty good at procrastinating so perhaps I'm a world champion thief of time.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Just how can anyone British hold so much animosity towards Lewis? I don’t get it, I get not liking people as I don’t like some people that other people like but some seem to hold a real personal kind of dislike.

I really don’t see what’s not to like, he started from nothing, he’s one of the most decorated junior drivers in history, during his junior career he beat rivals in much worse equipment and started from nothing with his father supporting his dream of becoming what he is now.

2005 F3 he won 15 of 20 races and finished with nearly double the amount of points as his next rival, a feat which has never been done before or repeated since.

2006 F2 equal cars he was the most consistently fast driver across the entire season finishing in the top 3 15 times in 21 races, In his first season as a driver he beat Fernando Alonso who is known as one of the best drivers ever, and won 2 consecutive titles just a couple of years prior, he choked the title due to inexperience but between 2008 and 2013 he was quite often in a car that was well off the pace, I remember a season with McClaren where the car was an absolute dog and he still dragged the thing to consistent finishes.

F1 is very much like other sports, you earn your stripes and credibility at a lower level and that earns you the right to drive the best cars, and people forget amongst Lewis Mercedes titles a couple of those years Ferrari were the fastest car for most of the season but bottled it with strategic errors and crashes.

It does make me laugh how people think Russell in a one off no pressure race beating Bottas means he would compete anywhere near Lewis, the amount of animosity some have is truly bizzare in my opinion, Hamilton is a totally complete driver now, his tyre preservation, one lap pace, race craft and wet weather driving make him a very formidable opponent. He’s only been beaten by his team mate twice, both in seasons where he was plagued by mechanical failures.

So my question to the likes of Mouldy would be simple: Why? What’s to dislike so much?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Just how can anyone British hold so much animosity towards Lewis? I don’t get it, I get not liking people as I don’t like some people that other people like but some seem to hold a real personal kind of dislike.

I really don’t see what’s not to like, he started from nothing, he’s one of the most decorated junior drivers in history, during his junior career he beat rivals in much worse equipment and started from nothing with his father supporting his dream of becoming what he is now.

2005 F3 he won 15 of 20 races and finished with nearly double the amount of points as his next rival, a feat which has never been done before or repeated since.

2006 F2 equal cars he was the most consistently fast driver across the entire season finishing in the top 3 15 times in 21 races, In his first season as a driver he beat Fernando Alonso who is known as one of the best drivers ever, and won 2 consecutive titles just a couple of years prior, he choked the title due to inexperience but between 2008 and 2013 he was quite often in a car that was well off the pace, I remember a season with McClaren where the car was an absolute dog and he still dragged the thing to consistent finishes.

F1 is very much like other sports, you earn your stripes and credibility at a lower level and that earns you the right to drive the best cars, and people forget amongst Lewis Mercedes titles a couple of those years Ferrari were the fastest car for most of the season but bottled it with strategic errors and crashes.

It does make me laugh how people think Russell in a one off no pressure race beating Bottas means he would compete anywhere near Lewis, the amount of animosity some have is truly bizzare in my opinion, Hamilton is a totally complete driver now, his tyre preservation, one lap pace, race craft and wet weather driving make him a very formidable opponent. He’s only been beaten by his team mate twice, both in seasons where he was plagued by mechanical failures.

So my question to the likes of Mouldy would be simple: Why? What’s to dislike so much?

Some people just don't like other successful people

Alain Prost isn't particularly popular in France

Even though he is France's only world champion

Whereas the likes of Arnoux,Tambay and Lafitte were

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Some people just don't like other successful people

Alain Prost isn't particularly popular in France

Even though he is France's only world champion

Whereas the likes of Arnoux,Tambay and Lafitte were

Why have you ignored Jean Alesi? :wink:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Great summary, what a driver

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here