Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Anyway it wasn't you who brought this up. It was someone with an agenda (to belittle the outrage about the cop murder; never mind Boris - "ooh look, there are left wingers and black people being dicks"

Which post was that then?

nose-growing-paradox.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I think the virus is fizzling out....a small % of dickheads (mildly) abusing the rules on the beach won’t materially affect this. They aren’t really touching the same surfaces, they are all outdoors and probably sticking to their own cans of cheap lager. As frustrating as it is for the rest of us that are ‘playing by the rules’, their behaviour doesn’t pose much additional risk of infection spreading.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
You can't seriously say that those protesting are being respectful to the current situation?

It's a disgrace what's happened in the USA and I agree with the protests, but only if it's done iaw the current guidelines, which it clearly isn't. I'm talking about London here, not the USA btw.

For what it's worth in conjunction with the thread, yesterday, I went down to the beach and outside of Brighton Music Hall and by the Fortune of War, it was a ****ing disgrace and the types that were congregating in big groups, were all, lets say, complete chav scum. All in groups, getting pissed up and acting with no regard. Police happy to let them continue too which I felt very let down by. I overheard the seafront manager telling them it's going to get worse and sat in their van, didn't really do much about it. I'd expected at least them to disperse the big groups to send a message to the rest. I guess that's what happens when our Government cuts our forces so thin they are outnumbered to deal with the current crisis.

I know we aren't perfect during this, but to openly put two fingers up to the current rules and climate was utterly appalling. Genuinely hope they all get it.

Not only have I not seriously suggested it, I've not suggested it at all. Where did you get that from?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Separate issue. There are people all over the world risking their lives because they feel they have to (whether justified or not; protesting about institutional lethal racism; forced to work (in Brazil); on the game (practically everywhere)...). There are also people taking the absolute piss. I guess which a commentator regards criticism as legit or whataboutery depends on one's perspective.

If I felt more at risk from (or annoyed by) the cops than the virus I'd risk a bit of protesting. Maybe. Who knows. Anyway it wasn't you who brought this up. It was someone with an agenda (to belittle the outrage about the cop murder; never mind Boris - "ooh look, there are left wingers and black people being dicks" :facepalm:).

As for the chavs on the local beach, sadly they are immune to cov lethality: younger; even grandparents are more likely to be 40 than 70; but they could soon be super spreaders (albeit only among their kith). Dunno about you but the only time I mix closely with members of the great unwashed is at the football, which ain't happening soon (and even there, in West Upper most punters look and smell nicer than yer average, dare I say it, 1980s north stand types).

Stay at home, wash your hands, stay alive.If you go out, carry mace (it has a 6 ft range). Use it, or say 'no worries mate, it's me that has a bit of a temperature and a cough, after all, but as you were'.

40 year olds are more likely to be their great grandparents, at 12 years per generation.

B4FEE662-02E3-4764-A655-D66F5A749A75.png

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There was a large group, probably in excess of 20, yesterday afternoon who'd met up and were having a drink together on some park land near me yesterday afternoon, some had brought chairs to sit on. They weren't kids either. A rubbish bin nearby was full of cans this morning when I went to get a paper earlier.

It seems to be a mix of 'I'm alright Jack' and 'If I get it, I get it' now.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
There was a large group, probably in excess of 20, yesterday afternoon who'd met up and were having a drink together on some park land near me yesterday afternoon, some had brought chairs to sit on. They weren't kids either. A rubbish bin nearby was full of cans this morning when I went to get a paper earlier.

It seems to be a mix of 'I'm alright Jack' and 'If I get it, I get it' now.

Chairs to sit on.....hmm sensible.
Rubbish put in the bin...tick.

:whistle:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Basically social distancing is becoming birth and population control the longer it goes on. We now need to get permission from Boris and the scientists to be able to see your partner if they do not live with you and it is forbidden to get less than 2 meters apart, 10 weeks on !!!!!

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Basically social distancing is becoming birth and population control the longer it goes on. We now need to get permission from Boris and the scientists to be able to see your partner if they do not live with you and it is forbidden to get less than 2 meters apart, 10 weeks on !!!!!
I think you will find it is the opposite with many couples staying in. In 5-9 months there could be a few more babies born than usual.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think you will find it is the opposite with many couples staying in. In 5-9 months there could be a few more babies born than usual.

Sent from my WAS-LX1A using Tapatalk
That is why I said people who do not live together

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Oh dear!

It's ok though, you can't catch it at the beach...!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-52874330

Take a look at Durdle Door this weekend

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-dorset-52874380

Thankfully this weather is ending from Wednesday, time "hopefully" for government to get their act together and limit numbers at these places or better off close them off until we have things properly under control.

Sadly, the Cummins effect will come at cost to human life

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Oh dear!

It's ok though, you can't catch it at the beach...!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-52874330

What, the council are scaremongering - do they not have a right to protect the people of Brighton then?

Trouble is for the council it is a very small minority of idiots getting drunk and causing a fuss. Even that shot on your first link, I'm struggling to find a group not 2m from the next - there is plenty of space on that beach, and the whole depth of field and focus of the shot makes it worse.

So basically because a minority of idiots outside the Music Hall and Fortune of War can't behave OR the police or council are unwilling to enforce the rules, thousands of rule abiding Brighton and Hove tax paying citizens cannot enjoy their law abiding daily exercise or rule adhering sitting outside at the beach?

The Argus and media are fueling the need for the council to make statements like this. As is the way I guess restrictions because of the mindless few shit on the rest of us.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Trouble is for the council it is a very small minority of idiots getting drunk and causing a fuss. Even that shot on your first link, I'm struggling to find a group not 2m from the next - there is plenty of space on that beach, and the whole depth of field and focus of the shot makes it worse.

So basically because a minority of idiots outside the Music Hall and Fortune of War can't behave OR the police or council are unwilling to enforce the rules, thousands of rule abiding Brighton and Hove tax paying citizens cannot enjoy their law abiding daily exercise or rule adhering sitting outside at the beach?

The Argus and media are fueling the need for the council to make statements like this. As is the way I guess restrictions because of the mindless few shit on the rest of us.

Erm, I think if you read the article properly that is exactly what they are saying, law abiding local tax payers should be able to enjoy what Brighton has to offer, without the visitors spoiling it for them...!

As for the picture, who even knows what day it was taken, as stock photos have been used before to cover these sort of stories.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here