Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
outside US embassy

5664b64b-57e5-4b36-b518-87459a9dd69d.jpg

I suppose that’s what happens when cops kill people for no reason.

I’m assuming this is a protest in reaction to that killing?

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

A complete disregard for social distancing should not be what happens. No excuse really.
If you cant turn up and protest responsibly Then dont make the choice to turn up.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
A complete disregard for social distancing should not be what happens. No excuse really.
If you cant turn up and protest responsibly Then dont make the choice to turn up.

Or don’t strangle people to death for no reason.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I see you are having a discussion with someone I have on ignore who is, let me guess, claiming protesters were not social distancing? Had to check....yes, I was right.

There does come a point when folk may think 'what have I got to lose?'

Sometimes I wonder why I have people on ignore. Other times I just think 'thank **** for the ignore button' :shrug:

Somehow I doubt said chap would have criticised, on health and safety grounds, the exploits of Douglas Bader after he started losing his legs :moo:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
It certainly feels like large swathes of people have given up on the idea of social distancing / stay at home as much as possible and are treating Covid19 as the Bank Holiday that never ends.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Nobody is excusing it.

You're a coarse fisherman, aren't you? ???

The longer you leave it, the more satisfying the final reel and the tonk on the head.

Or you may choose to just toss him back into the water:shrug:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I see you are having a discussion with someone I have on ignore who is, let me guess, claiming protesters were not social distancing? Had to check....yes, I was right.

Sometimes I wonder why I have people on ignore. Other times I just think 'thank **** for the ignore button' :shrug:

Somehow I doubt said chap would have criticised, on health and safety grounds, the exploits of Douglas Bader after he started losing his legs :moo:

If the police show the people that the law doesn’t apply to enforcement, they can’t really expect the people to respect the law.

Of course it’s not a good thing to be doing during a pandemic. But it is to be expected when a man is strangled to death for no reason.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

Yep as usual you read the posts of people you have on ignore. What a pointless exercise you put yourself through when you are not ignoring the posts anyway.

the key word being "i". A selfish choice
A bit more responsibility and a recognition its not all about me me me wouldnt go amiss
There are consequences for others when you are just thinking of yourself

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It certainly feels like large swathes of people have given up on the idea of social distancing / stay at home as much as possible and are treating Covid19 as the Bank Holiday that never ends.

My missus is itching to visit her parents (one who is very vulnerable). She's a firm 'old labour' supporter. Yet even she has been duped by the behaviour of the shit Cummings into thinking that you can do what you want if you really really want to do it, despite her preference to see Cummings' head on a pointed stick.

This is the cost of Boris' decision to keep a jerk, disrepect the NHS and stay a liar.

I dispair.

You can't seriously say that those protesting are being respectful to the current situation?

It's a disgrace what's happened in the USA and I agree with the protests, but only if it's done iaw the current guidelines, which it clearly isn't. I'm talking about London here, not the USA btw.

For what it's worth in conjunction with the thread, yesterday, I went down to the beach and outside of Brighton Music Hall and by the Fortune of War, it was a ****ing disgrace and the types that were congregating in big groups, were all, lets say, complete chav scum. All in groups, getting pissed up and acting with no regard. Police happy to let them continue too which I felt very let down by. I overheard the seafront manager telling them it's going to get worse and sat in their van, didn't really do much about it. I'd expected at least them to disperse the big groups to send a message to the rest. I guess that's what happens when our Government cuts our forces so thin they are outnumbered to deal with the current crisis.

I know we aren't perfect during this, but to openly put two fingers up to the current rules and climate was utterly appalling. Genuinely hope they all get it.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
My missus is itching to visit her parents (one who is very vulnerable). She's a firm 'old labour' supporter. Yet even she has been duped by the behaviour of the shit Cummings into thinking that you can do what you want if you really really want to do it, despite her preference to see Cummings' head on a pointed stick.

This is the cost of Boris' decision to keep a jerk, disrepect the NHS and stay a liar.

I dispair.

Coronavirus: Elderly and most vulnerable 'shielders' can see loved ones from Monday http://news.sky.com/story/coronavir...lders-can-see-loved-ones-from-monday-11998228

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You can't seriously say that those protesting are being respectful to the current situation?

It's a disgrace what's happened in the USA and I agree with the protests, but only if it's done iaw the current guidelines, which it clearly isn't. I'm talking about London here, not the USA btw.

For what it's worth in conjunction with the thread, yesterday, I went down to the beach and outside of Brighton Music Hall and by the Fortune of War, it was a ****ing disgrace and the types that were congregating in big groups, were all, lets say, complete chav scum. All in groups, getting pissed up and acting with no regard. Police happy to let them continue too which I felt very let down by. I overheard the seafront manager telling them it's going to get worse and sat in their van, didn't really do much about it. I'd expected at least them to disperse the big groups to send a message to the rest. I guess that's what happens when our Government cuts our forces so thin they are outnumbered to deal with the current crisis.

I know we aren't perfect during this, but to openly put two fingers up to the current rules and climate was utterly appalling. Genuinely hope they all get it.

All we can do is pray for some wet windy weather.

I dispair.

Completely agree. A ****ing National Disgrace/shame.

Jimmy Grimble

Indeed. I think some people have probably just had a rather glorious 2 weeks in the sun as the furlough scheme props up 80% of their funds towards cans of cider.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Separate issue. There are people all over the world risking their lives because they feel they have to (whether justified or not; protesting about institutional lethal racism; forced to work (in Brazil); on the game (practically everywhere)...). There are also people taking the absolute piss. I guess which a commentator regards criticism as legit or whataboutery depends on one's perspective.

If I felt more at risk from (or annoyed by) the cops than the virus I'd risk a bit of protesting. Maybe. Who knows. Anyway it wasn't you who brought this up. It was someone with an agenda (to belittle the outrage about the cop murder; never mind Boris - "ooh look, there are left wingers and black people being dicks" :facepalm:).

As for the chavs on the local beach, sadly they are immune to cov lethality: younger; even grandparents are more likely to be 40 than 70; but they could soon be super spreaders (albeit only among their kith). Dunno about you but the only time I mix closely with members of the great unwashed is at the football, which ain't happening soon (and even there, in West Upper most punters look and smell nicer than yer average, dare I say it, 1980s north stand types).

Stay at home, wash your hands, stay alive.If you go out, carry mace (it has a 6 ft range). Use it, or say 'no worries mate, it's me that has a bit of a temperature and a cough, after all, but as you were'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here