Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How seriously are you taking social distancing?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
700 bus today rammed full of, you guessed it......old buggers. One old boy even sipping a can of Fosters. Silly old fools.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Presumably, whether the easing of the lockdown causes the R number to increase.

Well it’s certainly increasing the risk to me and other key workers.

Either way, people who don’t have to get to work shouldn’t be using public transport. That hasn’t changed. Non Essential journeys on public transport are still banned. And as usual, 95% of the people breaking the rules are retirement age.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

Either way, people who don’t have to get to work shouldn’t be using public transport. That hasn’t changed. Non Essential journeys on public transport are still banned. And as usual, 95% of the people breaking the rules are retirement age.

I have also noticed even during the 1st 3 week lockdown when most were taking it really seriously, the only ones popping to the shops 3 times a day were the older generation.

I asked my 87 year old mum what she thought of the lockdown and TBF she had a point, stuff and nonsense was the reply...we have had a world war, Polo outbreaks, Mumps and measles, bird flu, SARS Smallpox, Hong kong flu, 3 day weeks, a few recessions, the Suez crises and the Cuba nuclear missile crises and in all those I never was made a prisoner in my own home....with the parting shot, If I die I die !

So perhaps a lot of the old have treated this with a fair bit of cynicism ?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I have also noticed even during the 1st 3 week lockdown when most were taking it really seriously, the only ones popping to the shops 3 times a day were the older generation.

I asked my 87 year old mum what she thought of the lockdown and TBF she had a point, stuff and nonsense was the reply...we have had a world war, Polo outbreaks, Mumps and measles, bird flu, SARS Smallpox, Hong kong flu, 3 day weeks, a few recessions, the Suez crises and the Cuba nuclear missile crises and in all those I never was made a prisoner in my own home....with the parting shot, If I die I die !

Most of the generation I see out and about a lot are the 65-80 range.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks

Backs up what the older folk tell me in Asda tbh.

With all due respect, that attitude is a little selfish. Lockdowns are not for fun, they are issued based on science to save lives. If a lot of the elderly have this attitude then I'm not surprised they are the age group with the most deaths (obviously it's mainly because they are old). But that's not the point, it's spread via social contact and minimising that social contact stops the spread. It's not rocket science.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

Where are all these old people going?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
2nd spike on the way. Relaxed rules, BUT, tracing still not properly in place, testing still lacking effective numbers, Covid symptoms list behind the current worldwide research.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here