Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The Coronavirus Good News thread

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Brighton Centre vacc centre opening today, capacity of 3000 jabs per day :bowdown:

My wife managed to book her mum in at 9am for her jab down there this morning, so she may well be one of the first to get it done. Shes 80 next month and has been shielding pretty much the whole time since March as she has serious health issues.
When my wife phoned her to tell her she was booked in, she broke down in tears. Huge relief for her and the family.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
My wife managed to book her mum in at 9am for her jab down there this morning, so she may well be one of the first to get it done. Shes 80 next month and has been shielding pretty much the whole time since March as she has serious health issues.
When my wife phoned her to tell her she was booked in, she broke down in tears. Huge relief for her and the family.

Fantastic.....great to hear of so many people getting protected. Far, far outnumbering anything I’m hearing about people catching Covid.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Fantastic.....great to hear of so many people getting protected. Far, far outnumbering anything I’m hearing about people catching Covid.

Number of new vaccinations is absolutely pummeling number of new cases now. May take a while but we're only going in one direction from here. :thumbsup:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
This is the abolute key, if this is true and the early signs are very encouraging we can turn the tide of this very rapidly if we can hold our nerve and keep our discipline for the next 6 weeks, by then we should have around 27m vaccinated, around 40% of the population and all of the most vulnerable. This should dramatically slash new hospital admissions and further reduce the R rate from its current 0.8-0.9, I put on another thread if you extrapolate the current positive cases forwards in 6 weeks we would be down to under 10,000 daily cases and by Easter under 4,000 daily (this assumes no easing of lockdown). This should be very achievable and if anything should drop further as each week goes by and a further 2-3m get some decent immunity from the virus.

Holding our nerve and keeping our discipline for the next six weeks is indeed key. We are starting to see the data begin to move in the right direction. This is our chance to finally get on top of this pandemic. I now look forward to the daily figures more in anticipation than trepidation now.

Need to keep up the good work and hopefully there will be more good news to post on this thread.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Holding our nerve and keeping our discipline for the next six weeks is indeed key. We are starting to see the data begin to move in the right direction. This is our chance to finally get on top of this pandemic. I now look forward to the daily figures more in anticipation than trepidation now.

Need to keep up the good work and hopefully there will be more good news to post on this thread.

This place is going to be an absolute party thread later in the year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I’m the same with the numbers now.........also important not to worry about the odd daily blip as this will happen (like vacc numbers yesterday for example). The 7 day rolling numbers - particularly in relation to infections and hospitalisations at this point in time - are key to understand the trends for me. Infections have been dropping for a couple of weeks now (25% down in the latest 7 day period) and hospitalisations seem to have at least flattened (7.3% down) , I’m expecting to see the latter start to drop noticeably soon (in line with infection rates), and that will be naturally followed by falling death rates, probably 2-3 weeks later. Given the speed with which infection rates seem to be falling, think there is real hope we’ll see the same rate of decline.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
We have 75 less COVID patients at BSUH than we did at its peak. Fingers crossed those numbers keep falling.

I think your posts like this are far more relevant to me than the overall national average figures.

Your posts give us timely actual information about whats going on HERE and NOW. Its directly connected to whats happening in our own towns, villages and even streets.

Its using numbers that we can actually visualise rather than in the millions spread over the entire country, or even the general South East area, which covers so many different situations with regard to population density, infection rates etc.

If there is an award for NSC Member of the year, decade or centaury- you should get it now.

Thank you

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I think your posts like this are far more relevant to me than the overall national average figures.

Your posts give us timely actual information about whats going on HERE and NOW. Its directly connected to whats happening in our own towns, villages and even streets.

Its using numbers that we can actually visualise rather than in the millions spread over the entire country, or even the general South East area, which covers so many different situations with regard to population density, infection rates etc.

If there is an award for NSC Member of the year, decade or centaury- you should get it now.

Thank you

Thanks again, but I'm really only reporting figures, and trying to give some positivity when I have it. The honour if any should go to Bozza and Mellotron for starting the thread and keeping it going.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
My wife heard the same yesterday - and about half the number in ICU was it?

I have not received todays figures. And had a few days of last week. So got a bit out of touch with numbers and things. Numbers are still high obviously but hopefully the downward trend continues.

I have not received todays figures. And had a few days of last week. So got a bit out of touch with numbers and things. Numbers are still high obviously but hopefully the downward trend continues.

Thank you for your reports from or very close to the front line. I suspect that you don't wear a stethoscope but that those who do rely on your support behind the scenes.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
NHS hopeful Covid will become 'more treatable' in coming months

Sir Simon Stevens, the head of NHS England, is answering MPs questions.
He says teachers, police and people with learning disabilities will need to be considered for the next round of Covid-19 vaccinations, after jabs have been offered to the top four priority groups.

He also claims it is "possible" that coronavirus will become a "much more treatable disease" over the next six to 18 months.

"I think a lot of us in the health service are increasingly hopeful that the second half of the year and beyond we will also see more therapeutics and more treatments for coronavirus," he told the Health and Social Care Committee.

"There are a number of others (treatments) in the pipeline and I think it is possible that over the course of the next six to 18 months coronavirus also becomes a much more treatable disease with antivirals and other therapies, which alongside the vaccination programme, holds out the hope of a return to a much more normal future."

Good news for the medium to long term.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sir Simon Stevens of the NHS has confirmed more than half of 75-79 year olds have already had their first vaccinations.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here