Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ben's Grandad Has Passed Away

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Will be sadly missed on here. If he leaves such a gaping digital hole, I can only imagine how sorely he will be missed by those who knew him in person.

He could be exasperating, but never seemed to take offence at anything anyone else said.

A fitting tribute maybe, if at a set point in Saturday's game, everyone gets their phones out and then fails to work out how to turn on the flashlight/torch feature on properly

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry to hear this. A loyal Albion fan who wasn't afraid to voice his opinion. Condolences to all the family.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Wow indeed. Definitely a loss to this community.
May you Rest in Peace x

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh no.....I'm genuinely shocked and saddened - so sorry for your loss. I know his health was failing a bit through exchanges around getting to and from the Amex etc but this is awful. He's an absolute legend on here and always gave as good as he got - I have this picture in my head (confirmed by others who knew him) of him laughing his head off whenever someone got the hump with him on here.

Thoughts with all of you at this time. When the time is right please post details of where we can make a donation in his memory if that's something the family is doing, would like to do something.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
Really shocked and saddened to hear this awful news.

Please accept my condolences and deepest sympathy.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Condolences to you and your family.

As others have said, BG was an NSC legend, and the forum won't be the same without him.

As I steer clear of most of the political and issue-based threads, I'm not that familiar with his apparently 'controversial' views. I will instead always treasure BG for the unintentional comic genius of his technological requests and often baffling tactical suggestions for both the Albion and Sussex CCC. RIP Brian.

Brownstuff

Feb 21, 2009
Hove
Best wishes to all his family
You could tell he loved his football and was mad about Brighton
He seemed a good man and he will be missed on this forum

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Oh that's sad. At its best NSC is pure panto, and the sparring with BG was a classic part of that, and he was a willing contributor.

But of course he was also a passionate Brighton fan, a grandfather, and a proud owner of an Omsung Phine. RIP BG, this place won't be the same.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I just wonder where all of us that have limited technology knowledge will go to, now that BG isn't asking a question every week.

RIP

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
NSC really has lost a big character, a master at winding up the hoards. He will be missed and my condolences to his loved ones.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I often chuckled at how he got under certain poster’s skin .
RIP BG ( from up the road )

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here