Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Amex expansion.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
If anyone’s interested, I finally got round to making the new tier steeper. It was too shallow before and the view from the back wasn’t very good, I think this is more realistic.

Let’s hope it will get built one day and we’ll all be allowed to go.
157A6B56-6D5D-41B7-B039-A046EAD9F197.jpeg
2F031FD1-0B08-453D-B9EE-4188B2598D67.jpeg
2BD8F941-0F3C-4348-9CF5-844259440066.jpeg

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Oh, and just for fun...
94DD1ADC-4EA9-4173-9152-ED7B33B2FE54.jpeg
85381B5E-6A1D-496A-97F2-3BD077482153.jpeg

el punal

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
It might if the council allow it. They can build it, but they need permission to be able to host 32,000.

There are times you wonder why we have local councils? All they ever do is object to things and waste a fortune of our council tax on constant meetings and expenses. Bit like MP's really.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
If anyone’s interested, I finally got round to making the new tier steeper. It was too shallow before and the view from the back wasn’t very good, I think this is more realistic.

Let’s hope it will get built one day and we’ll all be allowed to go.
View attachment 133006
View attachment 133007
View attachment 133008

Let’s hope it happens, really helps the ground look properly finished and would help us battle it out with St. Mary’s for any potential World Cup bid. :amex:

Plus the added match day revenue will only help the club longer term (in a post-COVID world obviously...).

TugWilson

I gotta admit that I`m a little bit confused
Dec 8, 2020
Dorset
There are times you wonder why we have local councils? All they ever do is object to things and waste a fortune of our council tax on constant meetings and expenses. Bit like MP's really.

It makes me genuinely livid that these councils are so bloody ungrateful towards The Albion . 200 MILLION added to the local economy in one year because of The Albion and they bitch and whine over a few added seats , utter morons .:angry:

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Let’s hope it happens, really helps the ground look properly finished and would help us battle it out with St. Mary’s for any potential World Cup bid. :amex:

Plus the added match day revenue will only help the club longer term (in a post-COVID world obviously...).

Amen to that. I think similar can be done to the South Stand too, they’ve already got some seats up there.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
Amen to that. I think similar can be done to the South Stand too, they’ve already got some seats up there.

Would be great to see the club slowly push towards that 35,000 mark that the Goldstone use to see back in the 70s and 80s - Martin Perry as always said that they’s always room for the odd extra seats here and there. With this bringing the ground to 32,500 a capacity of 35,000 then doesn’t seem too far away :amex:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Would be great to see the club slowly push towards that 35,000 mark that the Goldstone use to see back in the 70s and 80s - Martin Perry as always said that they’s always room for the odd extra seats here and there. With this bringing the ground to 32,500 a capacity of 35,000 then doesn’t seem too far away :amex:

I think 32,500 is it sadly, anymore than that will need to see a rebuilt stand from scratch I would imagine. Certainly a roof would need to come off somewhere like that have down at Citeh’s ground.

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
Not sure how possible it is, however if you lowered the pitch, a whole 1 seat row added is about 750 seats? Not sure you could more than 2 rows, so 1500 seats. Plus doing the same to the south stand as north with upper tier, that's another say 500 seats.

So that's 2000 that "could" be added (physically at least).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I think 32,500 is it sadly, anymore than that will need to see a rebuilt stand from scratch I would imagine. Certainly a roof would need to come off somewhere like that have down at Citeh’s ground.

Seen this floated a few times, but there's no way that roof is coming off. The entire roof is connected by a ring of steel that is embedded deep underground in concrete thrust blocks at the north and south ends.

You'd basically have to disassemble the entire stadium roof in order to raise it anywhere. Not gonna happen.

TheBigUnit

Apr 4, 2012
London
The minutes from the Falmer Parish Council meeting in November 2019 include below as "stadium issues"

- large out door tv screen, shop with toilets and food kiosk all where old bandstand was
- two new executive boxes and increase in capacity to 32,750

Above to be included in a planning application by BHA "sometime in the new year"

32,750 from FPC minutes so that’s another 250 closer to 35,000!!! :amex: :amex: :amex:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Seen this floated a few times, but there's no way that roof is coming off. The entire roof is connected by a ring of steel that is embedded deep underground in concrete thrust blocks at the north and south ends.

You'd basically have to disassemble the entire stadium roof in order to raise it anywhere. Not gonna happen.

Exactly, and there's also the impact on the bats to take into account.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here