Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Scathing review of Brighton

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I fill up at said BP every week, 1, yes there is the occasional Police Car there but 7 ffs, that would leave probably 5 spaces left for customers, 2, there isn’t a Cafe in there, stupid Kraut.

I know, I can't believe anyone is taking this article/review seriously! Comparing Brighton to Al Capone's Chicago is just so ridiculous as to not be true!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Brighton’s alright. Wouldn’t ever live there again though. Much better places in Sussex to live. When I lived there, I thought there was nowhere else I could ever live. I was wrong.

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
I have lived in Hove/Portslade area since 1966 and wouldn’t want to move away from the area, but I really hate the beggars and graffiti along Western Road and beyond. Unfortunately it seems to be the same throughout a lot of European cities, so sad.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
There’s some amazing places to go in Brighton whatever you’re into, the problem is the bits that join those places up. For anyone arriving into Brighton Station, you get off in an incredible building, beautifully restored but then have to walk down Queens Road dodging sleeping bags and getting fleeced for every bit of cash you might have on you.

If you’re going out for the night and know where you’re going it’s fine. If you’re having a wander around it’s horrendous. The place is absolutely filthy, the homeless problem is alarming and apart from Churchill Square there’s traffic everywhere.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
The Argus in another predictable sensationalist shock story. The only thing in the gutter is the newspaper.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Stupid woman is clearly making things up. Don't recognise her description at all. Now I wonder if she'd like to comment on the many sexual assaults on women in German cities.

osgood

Apr 17, 2011
brighton
Frankly, right now - I think that without even reading it, they're probably right. There's rubbish everywhere, the roads are more pothole than surface at the moment and you can't move in any direction without being stopped by roadworks. The seafront is currently a mess and pretty much the whole city could do with a lick of paint.

Our standards have dropped massively and the Council really need to have a word with themselves.

They cant fill any potholes when all available groundworkers are being deployed to put in 20 people wide pavements ensuring that all city traffic is busy polluting the atmosphere by sitting idle

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
"Drugs were openly offered on most street corners during the day and night."

Back in my day the issue was finding drugs when you needed them at short notice. Kids today don't know they're born.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
IMO there are many better places to live or work than Brighton though it’s all subjective obviously. And if you’ve found somewhere you love, stay I say. Certainly plenty worse places than Brighton that’s for sure!

Of course there are plenty of worse places to live and work but how many of those places try to sell themselves as a tourist attraction?

When we have visitors Brighton is the last place we would suggest for a night out or a weekend stay.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think this person is quite obviously making this up. I wonder what the motive is here.

In all my years living here, I don't think I've once seen any of the things she is describing.

I agree completely. Why has nobody ever 'offered prostitution' to me on ANY street corner, let alone every one? I get the feeling the people she spoke too like to exaggerate to make their lives seem a little less dull.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Of course there are plenty of worse places to live and work but how many of those places try to sell themselves as a tourist attraction?

When we have visitors Brighton is the last place we would suggest for a night out or a weekend stay.

But still they come, in their millions...

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Where do you recommend btw?

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Christ where were they staying!? That is the biggest load of shyte I've ever read.

I've never been a victim of crime in the city and I don't know one person who ever has been - fortunately. Never seen prostitition, and never seen anyone openly carrying a weapon.

Also have never been openly offered drugs on the street, and dont know anyone who ever has been. And I'm frequently out and about round town of an evening and not that old.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Central London, Kingston/Hampton, Oxford, Arundel, Winchester etc.

Yep, all nicer places I’d agree, with possible exception of Central London. I loath London. Worked there for too many years. Got to go in for a meeting tomorrow, once a quarter is about my tolerance these days!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Christ where were they staying!? That is the biggest load of shyte I've ever read.

I've never been a victim of crime in the city and I don't know one person who ever has been - fortunately. Never seen prostitition, and never seen anyone openly carrying a weapon.

Also have never been openly offered drugs on the street, and dont know anyone who ever has been. And I'm frequently out and about round town of an evening and not that old.

Exactly. But I think the secrets out. Dr Swinestein was a guest of the Argus in NeverExisted Land.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here