Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Scathing review of Brighton

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Drugs and prostitutes offered on every street corner ... why do people say that, it's simply not true.

I've walked in Brighton in the early hours of the morning and yes, I dare say you may see one or two people who look up to no good but it's hardly the bloody wild west!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Oh come on lads, post 23 and only a fleeting tease about BREXIT!

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Frankly, right now - I think that without even reading it, they're probably right. There's rubbish everywhere, the roads are more pothole than surface at the moment and you can't move in any direction without being stopped by roadworks. The seafront is currently a mess and pretty much the whole city could do with a lick of paint.

Our standards have dropped massively and the Council really need to have a word with themselves.

I thought the same before reading it. However her complaints are far far far worse which is utter shite.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
What am I doing wrong as no-one is offering me drugs or prostitutes on every street corner?? Could do with a bit of both tbh.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Curious to see how Dr Jennifer Schumacher of Munich would cope if she went to a city that is actually rough and not just a bit shitty like Brighton is. Wonder what she would make of a south London council estate at 10pm on a Friday night?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Curious to see how Dr Jennifer Schumacher of Munich would cope if she went to a city that is actually rough and not just a bit shitty like Brighton is. Wonder what she would make of a south London council estate at 10pm on a Friday night?

Her travel agent might have a few questions to answer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Wonder if she’s related to Dr Popper?

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Drugs and prostitutes offered on every street corner ... why do people say that, it's simply not true.

I've walked in Brighton in the early hours of the morning and yes, I dare say you may see one or two people who look up to no good but it's hardly the bloody wild west!

I’ve been out in town only a couple times in past decade, but saw none of that either during early hours. But then I was, very, very drunk.

Invicta

NSC Patron
Nov 1, 2013
Kent

She's definitely Palace !

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto

She's probably confused. They're not prostitutes, they're just on a hen do.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's been alright living in the centre the past 11 years or so, especially in the summer, but I am getting a bit sick of the traffic / roadworks ect now!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
This.

It gets worse every week, click on a survey to read the story- FFS I've lost interest by then.

It's a joke of a website. I can't really understand why they've done it. I'm far more likely to click on advert if it's just a small box which doesn't really interfere with my reading of the article (much like we have on NSC). If the adverts ruin the user experience and take forever to load there's no way I'm clicking on them and I'm certainly not going to be in any hurry to come back to the site.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Went out for a night in Brighton before Christmas, first time in probably 15 years. Compared to what it was like in the late 80's feels pretty tame these days.

West Street in the Top Rank days used to be pretty rough on Friday and Saturday nights

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Curious to see how Dr Jennifer Schumacher of Munich would cope if she went to a city that is actually rough and not just a bit shitty like Brighton is. Wonder what she would make of a south London council estate at 10pm on a Friday night?[/Quote]

She's obviously never been out of Munich to parts of Berlin on most nights of the week. It would finish her off. Having said that, the bullshit-ometer is off the scale with this one. Transparent troll on a wind up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here