Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Scathing review of Brighton

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
Curious to see how Dr Jennifer Schumacher of Munich would cope if she went to a city that is actually rough and not just a bit shitty like Brighton is. Wonder what she would make of a south London council estate at 10pm on a Friday night?

Exactly. It's reactionary, over the top, rubbish full of inaccuracies and guff.

The Argus shouldn't have given it the light of day, and we shouldn't be wasting our time discussing it.

I'm going out in Brighton tonight and can't wait.

**** the haters.

It's my hometown and I'll defend it from people who don't have a clue what they're talking about it.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
All this being said, I believe that in 5 years time we'll be a thriving metropolis again. The major roadworks will be finished, the A259 along the coast will be refurbished and flowing like a dream. The traffic through the city on the redesigned section of A23 between the Pier and St Peters' Church will be nicely separated from the newly created central Brighton parkland. The students will mostly have moved either to the newbuilds along Lewes Road or into the beautifully redeveloped Church Street complex and the old Amex building site on Edward Street will be completed as well. The roads will have been relaid so cycling along will be far easier without the pinch points every few minutes and the odd foot deep pothole to navigate around. The buses thumping through the City will be electric hybrids and the monorail will be nearing completion, ready for its grand opening 2026!

And the King Alfred being developed into a state of the art leisure centre with an ice rink? Maybe 2030

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Sounds pretty good to me, not sure what her problem is.

LOL LOL LOL

I agree. Best Publicity the City could have asked for. People will be flocking their in their droves now.

I have lived in Glasgow, Leeds, Newcastle, London, Brighton and Birmingham. Every City in the UK has all of that in abundance if you open your eyes and know what to look for. If you didn't know what to look for, you could very easily walk past it and not even see it or notice it. The writer of the article is obviously very familiar with those elements of Society. All that has been part of UK and City life all over Europe. It isn't going to go away just because his or her horse rolls into town.

Just ignore it if you don't want to be part of it. It is easy to ignore if you want to - It's a ''look at me'' article. Brighton is no better or no worse than any other City in the UK

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Drugs being sold on every street corner............... that’s handy if you are down for a weekend and run short surely ?

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Drugs being sold on every street corner............... that’s handy if you are down for a weekend and run short surely ?

brieghton.jpg

Already intensifying my autumn plans...

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's been alright living in the centre the past 11 years or so, especially in the summer, but I am getting a bit sick of the traffic / roadworks ect now!

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

LOL LOL

That's the spirit - I can see the protest banner now. '' Ban Air Polluting Vehicles'' - ''Legalise Marihuana'' !

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I love Brighton. There is no other place in the UK that I would live.

IMO there are many better places to live or work than Brighton though it’s all subjective obviously. And if you’ve found somewhere you love, stay I say. Certainly plenty worse places than Brighton that’s for sure!

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Only had a cursory read of this letter and it sounds like a really odd set of activities for a visitor coming over for a wedding. Why would you then contact the local paper rather than post a scathing review online?

There is a whole bunch of nutjobs who hate liberal leftie Brighton. I may of course be entirely wrong here.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Not a Brighton I recognise, maybe she had just been watching the original Brighton Rock, and still believes that the razor gangs are still at large.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Clearly a wind up letter from a joker. How has anyone taken this seriously?

Brighton does need a bloody good scrub though.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Used to love Brighton but moved away more than 30 years ago and avoid visiting now if I can. Shithole imo now

Young person’s place?

#Oldcodger

I don’t much like London anymore either :shrug:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Dr Schumacher is talking cobblers. :moo:

But it seems that the address is fake and I’m sure the letter is, too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here