Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Jogging bottoms

I don’t want to rain on the Jogging Bottom parade, but they are nothing compared to a Onsie when it comes to lounge wear!

The beauty of the Onsie, is that it’s an ingenious combination of Jogging Bittoms and a Hoodie. The have a large zip for easy access for when you need a pee. They also have the deep side pockets. They are made of the same soft comfortable material as Joggers and there are no gaps for cold air to get into on those freezing winter nights. Meaning your beer bellie is just as cosy as the rest of you!

There are some negatives. Obviously, there’s no way you can get away with wearing one out anywhere, as you look like you’re wearing a giant baby grow. The easy access to your penis really is only good for having a pee, as your mrs will never have sex with you again. It’s also totally impractical for when you need a poo, as you have to take the whole thing off and you have to sit on the karzy shivering to death. But other than that, I’d never wear anything else to lounge around in at home.

Go for it. Join the Onsie lovers club!

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
30469CCA-58DB-4C51-82EF-5B2D66124EB2.jpeg

Would you consider these beauties?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I consider that anyone over 16 wearing jogging bottoms in public has basically given up on life.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I don’t want to rain on the Jogging Bottom parade, but they are nothing compared to a Onsie when it comes to lounge wear!

The beauty of the Onsie, is that it’s an ingenious combination of Jogging Bittoms and a Hoodie. The have a large zip for easy access for when you need a pee. They also have the deep side pockets. They are made of the same soft comfortable material as Joggers and there are no gaps for cold air to get into on those freezing winter nights. Meaning your beer bellie is just as cosy as the rest of you!

There are some negatives. Obviously, there’s no way you can get away with wearing one out anywhere, as you look like you’re wearing a giant baby grow. The easy access to your penis really is only good for having a pee, as your mrs will never have sex with you again. It’s also totally impractical for when you need a poo, as you have to take the whole thing off and you have to sit on the karzy shivering to death. But other than that, I’d never wear anything else to lounge around in at home.

Go for it. Join the Onsie lovers club!

What about if you have to answer the DOOR in it though ?

No, sorry. Jogging bottoms is a new and exciting adventure for me. But a onesie ? Thats just a step too far. You've already attested to the impractical nature of them if you need to lay a Vince. But walking round the house dressed as a giant teddybear - I'm not ready for that. Nor will I ever be.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Standard when arriving home from work. Shower and straight into joggers.

I very rarely wear them out but if you haven’t got a pair or two you’d be happy to be seen at the shops in, your jogger game is weak.

My acceptable “popping out” (snigger) joggers are dark blue with yellow and white “Han Solo” side stripes. They make rare public appearances but after a run of night shifts and showered I’m not getting dressed again to pop out for milk.

You wanna avoid Primark bought flannel with irrelevant numbers on them that puff at the knees after half hour’s wear.

Last edited:

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
I'm rocking long johns and joggers this evening. If I have to go out I might put my waterproof trousers on top.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
People who wear them out look like inmates. FACT!

s5.bha

Aug 3, 2003
Nail on the head. Nothing beats an overweight lardarse who hasn’t done a moments exercise in years waddling in and out of JD Sports or similar while bedecked from head to toe in high-performance branded sportswear. Before flumping into MacDonalds for a huge pig out, but with Diet Coke as their drink, natch.

(This has nothing to do with the OP’s original topic, I just fancied a bit of ranting and lazy stereotyping.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or as known on the council estates across the country as.........

“ LARD OF THE MANOR “

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
There used to be a bloke in the bar previously called Henekeys, then called Henry's I believe, in the late 80s.

He used to just lounge about on the chairs, all alone, legs slightly akimbo sporting some splendid grey joggers. Not sure how my mate knew but apparently this was to put on display his considerable manhood, and this strutting in fleece lined sports attire was designed to attract the ladies.

Really have no idea of the relevance, or provenance, of this memory.

Odd the things you remember.

Stoichkov

The Miserable Bulgarian
Jul 26, 2004
Brighton
I've recently discovered the comfort of dungarees (around the house only obvs) so I'm not going to pass judgement but I'll leave this here:

"jogging pants are a sign of defeat. You have lost control of your life, so you are jogging"

Karl Lagerfeld

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
If you ever needed a reason to dump your shares in M&S pronto tonto, just take a quick visit to the menswear section in Western Road. Storeful of unsold 'slimfit' and 'skinny' jeans languishing on the racks, when the vast majority of their clientele are fat and old and only interested in very stretchy waistlines and, er, 'stormwear' :lolol:

I will have you know I look quite the dandy in my M & S slimfit jeans and storm wear puffer jacket. I take a 36 inch waist and 29 leg and next year I am 80.
PS. Never worn joggers. When I used to run always shorts whatever the weather. Alas 2 knee replacements stopped the running.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Jeans with a Hoodie vs Joggers with a polo shirt

I think the jeans heighten the rating of acceptability.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
There used to be a bloke in the bar previously called Henekeys, then called Henry's I believe, in the late 80s.

He used to just lounge about on the chairs, all alone, legs slightly akimbo sporting some splendid grey joggers. Not sure how my mate knew but apparently this was to put on display his considerable manhood, and this strutting in fleece lined sports attire was designed to attract the ladies.

Really have no idea of the relevance, or provenance, of this memory.

Odd the things you remember.

Oh damn you, you have reminded me of a somewhat over weight aging glass collector who wondered around The Lord Stanley Pub on Camden Park Way, Camden just collecting glasses that were getting close to being finished, obviously he never got paid and was not the official glass collector as such, but he did get rewarded with the odd half from the landlord and any dregs he could snaffle.

He wore grey (stained) jogging bottoms and this was maybe 2002 so he was probably a trend setter, one thing he used to do was go to the toilet and whilst stood at the urinal, he would just pull them down and let them drop to his ankles (no undercrakers) and thrust his pelvis forward and slash away....

Obviously once you were aware of his antics, you would avoid or time your visits to the bogs.....

Jogging bottoms a flashers best friend.

Fignon's Ponytail

Jun 29, 2012
On the Beach
Single pair of black Under Armour joggers for lounging around the house in winter. Never been out the house in them, never will.
Generally, from March to November they are tucked away in the wardrobe while the shorts are out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here