Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Cover versions that should never have seen the light of day

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Im fairness to Take That, it was a bit of fun on tour, and not released.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
That absolute abomination by some already-forgotten "winner" of X Factor (or some similar no-talent show) cover version of "Forever Young".

A wonderful song destroyed.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes
We normally see eye to eye about music, but I have to take exception to this. I swear that at one point he sings the line: "You c***, I'm not a queer". What's not to like? I have been know to do a karaoke version of this when drunk. It's not a patch on another cover of a silimar vein that's just sprung to mind though....one for the other thread.

[MENTION=205]Tom Hark, Preston Park[/MENTION] must have missed this one then
https://youtu.be/VN3DVYT1Sqw

I agree with you btw ... think Sid adds the f word too

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Wet wet wet’s cover of The Troggs Love is All Around made me cringe whenever I heard it, which was far too often.

It made Reg Presley very rich though.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Last edited:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I love David Bowie, I love most of the music he made, but, Let’s Spend the night together, is just wrong in so many ways.

I bought Aladdin Sane the day it was released, as a fresh faced naive 14 year old. It is still my least favourite Bowie recording, and yes, I have listened to Tin Drum.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I love David Bowie, I love most of the music he made, but, Let’s Spend the night together, is just wrong in so many ways.

I bought Aladdin Sane the day it was released, as a fresh faced naive 14 year old. It is still my least favourite Bowie recording, and yes, I have listened to Tin Drum.

What!?

Clearly not one of his best albums, but it's got Watch that Man, The Jean Genie, Drive in Saturday and Time on it. All stone cold classics.

I bought this album, aged 12, after seeing him doing Starman on TOTP. It was my first album purchase. I was enormously disappointed that Starman wasn't on it, so Ziggy Stardust became my second album purchase.

He later produced some FAR inferior albums, IMHO.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here