Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquerdo

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Andy Naylor, this afternoon, in the Athletic:-

He has yet to play this season and a precise timescale for Izquierdo’s return to action remains unclear, although he is back in light training.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020
The clubs re-submit their squad at the start of February after the January transfer window has closed. The Premier League published these on Thursday. Obviously Bong wasn't in Albion's as he had been transferred to Nottm Forest.

Clubs can name UP TO 25 players in the squad. You don't have to, and often clubs don't. Albion have named 24.

I'm not sure what the rules are about adding a player to the squad - I think it has been done in the past but I'm not sure if it is still allowed. Regardless, I have absolutely no reason to think Albion are contemplating bringing anyone else in to use up the 25th spot.

Thank you, sir !

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Absence seems to distort peoples memory of what Izzy brought to the table. Yes he brought some pace but he could only come inside and the shot unleashed could just as easily in go to the corner flag as nestle in the top corner of the goal. You also wouldn't ever trust him on a ' one on one' with the keeper. It would be great to have him back as an option but he won't be the saviour.

He definitely had that 'knockyness' about him but when he got it right it was spot on.

This is how a CH team played. Under GPott with Murray and Maupay or Maupay and Connolly plus MacA in the box, he's likely to get different instructions to get it into the middle.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Now Naylor is suggesting he'll be back in a week or two.

In fairness he says Potter is "hopeful he can come into the team more in the next week or two." It's badly worded but I take that to mean he will be integrated more into first team training rather than being back in first team contention but who knows.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Cannot wait to an infectious Jose back in the Albion first team.

Apologies if repeated, haven't seen elsewhere.
From 2018, but hoping we see him again :)

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
..... and injured again, apparently. When is his contract up? If it's soon, one to write off, I'm afraid.

In the summer.

He'll be available as a free agent.

We could offer him a deal, though something in my mind suggests to me that we won't.

Either way he has a huge incentive to prove fitness and form before the end of the season

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Sadly cannot see Jose playing for us again in the PL. If we get relegated he would have more chance in the championship

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
..... and injured again, apparently. When is his contract up? If it's soon, one to write off, I'm afraid.

That's terrible news. I really feel for him.

You can be sure that had he stayed fit, he would have been on that pitching fighting for us.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Injured again? Since Potter's most recent comment?

“He was training with the group today, recovered from his little setback, so he is in a better moment. and then it’s just about building up the game time for him.''

He had a setback (hamstring) in December, which he has apparently recovered from.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Injured again? Since Potter's most recent comment?

“He was training with the group today, recovered from his little setback, so he is in a better moment. and then it’s just about building up the game time for him.''

He had a setback (hamstring) in December, which he has apparently recovered from.

The December injury (as mentioned on here earlier) is what I was referring to - I haven't seen Potter's latest statement. Was that announcement broadcast before or after I posted, I wonder?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Sadly cannot see Jose playing for us again in the PL. If we get relegated he would have more chance in the championship

I said months ago that I didn't think Izzy would play for us again, certainly not in the Prem. I'd love the old Izzy back and I loved his character and personality, but he's a direct, one footed speedster with a sh1t or bust shot on him. If, and obviously I don't know, but if he has lost speed from that equation, I'm not sure there is enough left.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here