Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jose Izquerdo

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Has anyone else noticed that an anagram of his name is................sadly I'm crocked and need to go?

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
I think he would be doing seriously well if he gets a move to anyone to be honest. He is so far off proving he is worth even a pay as you play contract, sadly.
Gutting for the guy because when he was on he was ON.
The goal against Stoke was, for me, one of the best goals we've ever scored.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
New 1 year contract on lower wages and a 6 month loan spell back in Belgium would be perfect for both parties. If he does well there we could potentially get a nice fee in the summer, or we get a player back with games under his belt and ready to go and prove himself again.
Well no, because then he would be out of contract again

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
If he wants to go back to Belgium I would like to see him go to USG. It would be a way of saying maybe you can't handle the Prem anymore but we will still support you. USG are now 11 points clear with 12 games to go. He will be in the same division as Bruge then.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If he wants to go back to Belgium I would like to see him go to USG. It would be a way of saying maybe you can't handle the Prem anymore but we will still support you. USG are now 11 points clear with 12 games to go. He will be in the same division as Bruge then.

- Hi Tony, I would like to move to Club Brugge where I am a fan favorite who won the player of the year award and where I can win the league title and play in the Champions League next season.

- No I'm sending you to their city rivals in the semi-pro second division glhf hope you enjoy the relegation battle next year.

... I think the better way of supporting him would be to let him go to Club Brugge if they want him.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
- Hi Tony, I would like to move to Club Brugge where I am a fan favorite who won the player of the year award and where I can win the league title and play in the Champions League next season.

- No I'm sending you to their city rivals in the semi-pro second division glhf hope you enjoy the relegation battle next year.

... I think the better way of supporting him would be to let him go to Club Brugge if they want him.

They ain't in the same city. Anderlect is in Brussells ( Percy Tau went to Anderlect on loan). USG is different from Brighton as they are one of the most successful teams in Belgium. I suspect although next season will primarily be about staying up after that will be about fulfilling an ambition of having a team regularly in a top European competition.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

Brugge and USG aren’t rivals and they certainly aren’t from the same city. USG consider Anderlecht their main rivals even though they’ve not played each other that much recently. Seeing as Jose is out of contract at the end of this season he won’t have to “enjoy” any relegation battle at USC next season if he can convince Brugge or anyone else for that matter to give him a contract, but maybe playing a few months in a lower league might just give him some confidence as well as fitness after nearly 3 seasons without regular football.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
They ain't in the same city. Anderlect is in Brussells ( Percy Tau went to Anderlect on loan). USG is different from Brighton as they are one of the most successful teams in Belgium. I suspect although next season will primarily be about staying up after that will be about fulfilling an ambition of having a team regularly in a top European competition.

Brugge and USG aren’t rivals and they certainly aren’t from the same city. USG consider Anderlecht their main rivals even though they’ve not played each other that much recently. Seeing as Jose is out of contract at the end of this season he won’t have to “enjoy” any relegation battle at USC next season if he can convince Brugge or anyone else for that matter to give him a contract, but maybe playing a few months in a lower league might just give him some confidence as well as fitness after nearly 3 seasons without regular football.

Fair enough. Still think he would likely go for Brugge if he gets to decide. Not like Union SG really seems to need him anyway.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Only guesswork of course, but its quite possible that while he "cost millions in fees, wages and rehab" the club may have cost him his career by playing him in the later stages of the 18/19 season.

Very Dangerous Comment to make Legally.

A Club Doctor dictates whether a player is fit to play

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I'm holding my horse on that move, his "agent contacting Club Brügge" is pretty far from a done deal... do they want him? Can they afford him? Would he pass the medical?

or is it his agent just stirring the water to see what Brighton might offer. I agree usual sort of nonsense when contracts come up for renewal. And to those slagging him off just F*ck Off, said it before and I am saying it again. No player wants to be injured and this guy put a big smile on the face of many fans with some brilliant runs and some brilliant goals. Yes he was frustrating but players like him are...

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Very Dangerous Comment to make Legally.

A Club Doctor dictates whether a player is fit to play

Give me one example where any forum member of any forum got sued or taken to court for making the remark that a player probably wasnt entirely fit when he played some games and I'll consider recognising it as a slighty dangerous comment to do legally and I'll pray to God that the Swedish government won't forcefully extradite me to the UK for a trial.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
or is it his agent just stirring the water to see what Brighton might offer. I agree usual sort of nonsense when contracts come up for renewal. And to those slagging him off just F*ck Off, said it before and I am saying it again. No player wants to be injured and this guy put a big smile on the face of many fans with some brilliant runs and some brilliant goals. Yes he was frustrating but players like him are...

Agree that is the case sometimes, but in this case... unless the agent suffer from (trigger warning: Very Dangerous Comment to make Legally upcoming) some kind of massive neurological damage of some sort, he should realise that his chances of blackmailing Brighton into giving Izquiredo a new fat contract are very slim since he's been injured for the most part of the last 2-3 years.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Give me one example where any forum member of any forum got sued or taken to court for making the remark that a player probably wasnt entirely fit when he played some games and I'll consider recognising it as a slighty dangerous comment to do legally and I'll pray to God that the Swedish government won't forcefully extradite me to the UK for a trial.

The Club got in Contact with someone for confirming someone else's Post that on here that Beram Kayal was gonna be out injured for 10 weeks.

If they consider something as trivial as that worthy of their intervention. Suggesting they may have ended a players career would be a walk in the park for them to get pissed off over.

And it wouldn't be you they would go after. It would be NSC.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here