Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Points to be safe this season

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I can't see where we're going to get 9 points from (hoping 37 is enough)
1 v Palace
1 at Norwich
1 at Southampton
3 v Newcastle
1 at Burnley

That would give us 7 more points, taking us to a 35 point total.

I can't see us getting anything v Wolves, Arsenal, Leicester, Man United, Liverpool, Man City.

I think 37 points will keep a side up this season.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
1 v Palace
1 at Norwich
1 at Southampton
3 v Newcastle
1 at Burnley

I can't see us getting anything v Wolves, Arsenal, Leicester, Man United, Liverpool, Man City.

Supporters of Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth, Villa, maybe even Newcastle will all be doing similar dire predictions.

Football fans are notoriously pessimistic, as if to ward off the hope.

I can see 13 from that lot and a 41 point finish! :D

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
1 v Palace
1 at Norwich
1 at Southampton
3 v Newcastle
1 at Burnley

I think we’ll lose at Stains and Norwich. Stains/Ings are playing great stuff and Carrow Road is an Albion graveyard.

Pinning my hopes on this Saturday, Newcastle and some shock positive results.

Failure to win this Saturday and we’re on a knife edge of dropping. Laughing at West Ham, Villa and Watford, assuming they’ll lose the lot, may well not materialise.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I think we’ll lose at Stains and Norwich. Stains/Ings are playing great stuff and Carrow Road is an Albion graveyard.

If we can't win at Norwich, we don't deserve to stay up.

If Dunk can keep Ings quiet, we stand a chance there, too. Saints are better away from home, as we found out earlier in the season.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Supporters of Watford, West Ham, Bournemouth, Villa, maybe even Newcastle will all be doing similar dire predictions.

Football fans are notoriously pessimistic, as if to ward off the hope.

I can see 13 from that lot and a 41 point finish! :D
Yes.

The Watford fans I've spoken to, think they've no chance of staying up. They've been poor since their mini-revival.

Villa rely too much on Grealish, so if anything happens to him or his form, they're in even more trouble.

West Ham have a difficult run-in, and Bournemouth have had a poor season.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

If Dunk can keep Ings quiet, we stand a chance there, too. Saints are better away from home, as we found out earlier in the season.

Obviously I’d love you to be correct.

A cliche, but to me our season really does hinge on this Saturday.

A rare win and 31 points going into March = a huge boost to us and blow to our rivals.

Zero/one point and I fear the worst - one win in almost three months = shocking form.

Praying that we continue our Amex run of supremacy over CP.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Only 7 of the 13 teams to visit Carrow Road have won. Spurs and Arsenal both drew, Man City lost. Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Wolves, Sheff Utd all won. They're bottom, but they're not exactly lose there and you deserve to go down.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
West Ham have a difficult run-in

After their game tonight, if you take the current average league position of teams left to play then West Ham have the easiest run in of teams in the bottom 8. Muff have the most difficult but ours isn't a lot easier

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
After their game tonight, if you take the current average league position of teams left to play then West Ham have the easiest run in of teams in the bottom 8. Muff have the most difficult but ours isn't a lot easier

If West Ham are to survive, then the crucial points they gain maybe in our favour anyway...

Southampton H
Arsenal A
Wolves H
Spurs A
Chelsea H
Newcastle A
Burnley H
Norwich A
Watford H
Man Utd A
Villa H

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I think it could be another low point total required.

Perhaps this is going to be a trend in the PL as the top 4 teams get better and better.

Regardless of how many. The teams below us in the table are there for a reason: they’re really bad. I think expecting all of those to turn their season around with great runs is unrealistic to say the least.

If we keep getting the odd point here and there we’ll be ok

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I think Villa, Bournemouth and West Ham are worse than us. 4 points at this stage while a long way from decisive is a significant advantage and that is reflected in our odds at the bookies. That said Sat is crucial IMO

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I think it could be another low point total required.

Perhaps this is going to be a trend in the PL as the top 4 teams get better and better.

Regardless of how many. The teams below us in the table are there for a reason: they’re really bad. I think expecting all of those to turn their season around with great runs is unrealistic to say the least.

If we keep getting the odd point here and there we’ll be ok

Have to agree, only 1 team below us has scored more goals than we have, and all have conceded at least 4 more than us.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Only 7 of the 13 teams to visit Carrow Road have won. Spurs and Arsenal both drew, Man City lost. Liverpool, Chelsea, Man Utd, Wolves, Sheff Utd all won. They're bottom, but they're not exactly lose there and you deserve to go down.

Yes, there are no games in this division against opponents so poor that if we lose we deserve to go down.

The one prediction I can be confident in making is that some of the games we think we'll get points, we won't and some of the games we think we'll lose, we'll pick something up. Same goes for our rivals

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Well that was frikking depressing, not one prediction correct and they all went wrong against us. Let's hope my inability to predict the correct outcome continues but in a positive way (unlikely)

The far right column is the average position of teams left to play ... that's reassuring too!

football.JPG

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Despite my complete lack of faith in the team and the manager right now..

I do think we’re writing off a few too many games.

I’ve long pointed at home games to Man U, Arse and Newcastle as ones we can get points from.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m hurting and not feeling happy with the players or manager today, but we’re not out of this yet. A lot of points to be played out.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
With no team being cut adrift, and the bottom 5 picking up vital wins, this year could be the year 40 points may be needed.
Squeaky bum time .

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
With no team being cut adrift, and the bottom 5 picking up vital wins, this year could be the year 40 points may be needed.
Squeaky bum time .

No way would 40 points be needed this season that would take at least two of the bottom 3 to go on runs getting 10-12 points from the last ten games not going to happen.

I think this season it will be 36 or 37 with goal difference maybe coming into play

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here