Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Think this one is rubbish.

Lamptey is just back from a long term injury and GP is clearly managing his game time.

More likely to be summer when he’s proved his fitness and had more minutes on the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Paul merson just said on soccer Saturday Chelsea don't have a sell on clause with lamptey

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Lots of articles were written at the time of sale and in the summer about how Chelsea had a sell on percentage, but no buy back clause which they had with a few other sales.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
''And according to transfer guru Duncan Castles, Brighton are happy to sell the player should their asking price be met.''

Ok yep, we're happy to let one of our best players go. Utter bullshit article.
The article misspelled "transfer goon" as "transfer guru".

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Just 45 million, I'd expect something similar for young Tariq

More surely? If he's an upgrade, then he'd cost more

The other aspect is that Lamptey came specifically to get game time, one that he didn't see himself getting at Chelsea with two other RBs. Why would he go to Man U to compete with two other RBs?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
More surely? If he's an upgrade, then he'd cost more

The other aspect is that Lamptey came specifically to get game time, one that he didn't see himself getting at Chelsea with two other RBs. Why would he go to Man U to compete with two other RBs?

I agree with you, I am not the instigator of the move you understand. :lolol:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Just 45 million, I'd expect something similar for young Tariq

We'd want more than that, especially as he's on a 3.5 year deal. He is probably the most exciting player we've had at the club - certainly in the Amex era - and is objectively the fastest player in Europe, which more than likely makes him the fastest player in the world.

pure_white

Dec 8, 2021
Brighton's success is largely down to the defence. Be foolish to distrupt it. Cant see GP and club are that daft.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
We'd want more than that, especially as he's on a 3.5 year deal. He is probably the most exciting player we've had at the club - certainly in the Amex era - and is objectively the fastest player in Europe, which more than likely makes him the fastest player in the world.

I know you’re being facetious but he’s not as quick as he was pre-injury.

Interesting sprint between him and the man with Vaseline arms from Wolves. Vaseline arms seemed to be quicker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I know you’re being facetious but he’s not as quick as he was pre-injury.

Interesting sprint between him and the man with Vaseline arms from Wolves. Vaseline arms seemed to be quicker.

Lamptey was the fastest player in the world in 2019 so no surprise that he has slowed after his injuries.

But I also wonder if the club are managing the amount of sprinting he is doing in each match. He is not getting forward as much as he used to from full back and when played at wing back, isn’t ‘everywhere’ like he was pre-injury.

Whilst he has taken a step back, he is still one of the best right backs in the division and as quoted in the media recently, ‘an upgrade on Wan Bissaka’. I wouldn’t bet on the club taking off his stabilisers at some point and letting him turn it up to 11 again but they are still being rightly cautious with his game time. He’ll want to play another 15 years of football at the top, we should be drip feeding his game time until he is a bit older and stronger so he can realise that dream.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
The club would have to be hard up to consider this... Luckily we are owned by a man who is a fan as well as a business man . TB won’t want to part with a star youngster. No doubt they are interested, who would not be? But I hope and believe he is not for sale

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
The same Manchester United who paid £50m for a hugely overrated right back from palace now want a much better player for £40m.

No chance

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Lamptey was the fastest player in the world in 2019 so no surprise that he has slowed after his injuries.

But I also wonder if the club are managing the amount of sprinting he is doing in each match. He is not getting forward as much as he used to from full back and when played at wing back, isn’t ‘everywhere’ like he was pre-injury.

Whilst he has taken a step back, he is still one of the best right backs in the division and as quoted in the media recently, ‘an upgrade on Wan Bissaka’. I wouldn’t bet on the club taking off his stabilisers at some point and letting him turn it up to 11 again but they are still being rightly cautious with his game time. He’ll want to play another 15 years of football at the top, we should be drip feeding his game time until he is a bit older and stronger so he can realise that dream.

They will definitely be managing him very carefully for at least the rest of this season, if not longer. This will mean that he's not doing the same amount of sprinting in training so won't quite be up to the speeds that he was prior to his injury lay off. Most sprinters reach full physical potential at around the age of 22-23, so he'll hopefully be even faster in a couple of years providing he's looked after.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here