Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Tariq Lamptey

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Very good so far. Sure, most of their chances have come through his side but its because they are basically playing 2 or 3 vs him all the time and mostly he solves it. In attack he is great, both with and without the ball: times his runs perfectly and the crosses are generally great (and those that arent, still decent).

This boy - if he can avoid injuries which is always the question mark when it comes to disgustingly quick players - is going to turn really, really good. You can see on his body language and facial expressions that he is a superpro as well, he will keep his feet on the ground with a little help of the GPott.

I'm getting so, so sick of you being RIGHT.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Couldn’t help but notice these posts on the first few pages lads :lol:

My quote is very valid. Can see him playing left wing back for England.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

I am going to assume you were joking :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My post from start of the topic. Called it... and stand by what I said.

Even Southgate will have no choice but to pick him.

Ooooooh I’ve got a quote somewhere after his first game about playing for England! I’ll dig it out when he surely does!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Couldn’t help but notice these posts on the first few pages lads :lol:[/QUOTE]

Are you TRYING to pull his hamstring?! Now you’ve done it!:kiss:

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield

Couldn’t help but notice these posts on the first few pages lads [emoji38][/QUOTE]I for one am AMAZED that portlock got something wrong about football. Or life in general. Genuinely shocking.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Only a few short months ago many of us were eulogising about the greyhound.
Think about that for a minute .

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
Every time I think of Lamptey I can't help thinking of the title of this video:

Screenshot (15).png

He's absolutely terrifying at 19.
I LOVE that he wants to score goals, having had a couple of shots on goal in the last few games from in the box!
Plays like he's in the playground. I hope he scores soon. Media will go even more bananas.

That Newcastle game has clearly turned a few heads.
Never thought I'd see a headline like this, suggesting Man U will need "inspiration" against #TeamsLikeBrighton...!

manu.jpeg

I'm excited for the Man U game, although Biss will be a big loss.
If we win, Man U will have the biggest meltdown...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
The exposure Tariq is getting is amazing, thankfully he seems completely grounded. He must be one of the most talked about English footballers at the moment.

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
The exposure Tariq is getting is amazing, thankfully he seems completely grounded. He must be one of the most talked about English footballers at the moment.

And somewhat unwelcome from a BHA point of view. We need to at least hold onto him until tomorrow’s United game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Another thing that was very impressive from young Tariq was his battling in the air.

I remember at least one occasion where he beat 5ft10” Jamal Lewis in an aerial duel.

He leaps like a Salmon!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Another thing that was very impressive from young Tariq was his battling in the air.

I remember at least one occasion where he beat 5ft10” Jamal Lewis in an aerial duel.

He leaps like a Salmon!

A commentator said GPott has him training up against Dan Burn. :lolol:

That said judging by the 'treatment' he's getting Adam El Abd can probably expect a phone call, any time soon.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea

He leaps like a Salmon!

Lets hope he gets a double helping of Shredded wheat and red bull for breakfast tomorrow

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
As said before he is what I'm missing not going to football.

Obviously wins are nice and exciting.
Lots of goals.
Great team spirit.
Attacking football.

It's all good but I so so so want to see Lamptey.

Us in the Family Stand have been treated too:-

Calde and Buckley
Then
Bruno and Knockaert.

It just doesn't get any more exciting than that.
Suddenly from out of nowhere we have:-

LAMPTEY - doing it all by himself.

I'm sure Ben White is half decent.
Biss & Alzate seem ok.
Tross, The hairy manboy and Mad Maupay - meh

:lolol:

Second half Lamptey, attacking the North Stand right in front of our noses, is the ONLY thing I want to see.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
He most definitely is. On a recent Tifo football podcast they dedicated a good 10 minutes right at the start of the show eulogising about him. (Really good tactical analysis of the Newcastle game too if anyone's interested, including Potter's decision to throw Dan Burn on for Tariq himself).

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Couldn’t help but notice these posts on the first few pages lads [emoji38]

It’s weird. It’s almost as if people on here might know less about football talent than Potter and Bloom.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chelsea have a sell on percentage dont they?
Yes but no buy back clause.

As do Orient for Alzate.

It would be great to sell on Alzate for oodles of cash.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It’s a real shame that we haven’t seen him in the flesh yet. He’s the type of player that initiates a roar of expectation from the crowd as soon as he gets the ball in a bit of space. Haven’t really experienced that since Knocky was tearing up Championship defences every other week.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here