Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Will we be signing a DECENT striker on loan or permanent before the window closes?

Will we be signing a decent new striker by the time the window closes?

• Total voters

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We will sign a striker, but it'll be a youngster/someone relatively small-time, merely to provide depth in the squad and take the odd 5/10 mins here and there.

A Chuba Akpom type.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Question 1 Who is the next oldest striker to Muzza regularly playing in the Premier League?
Question 2 How old is he?
Question 3 How many regular strikers are there over 30 years in total in the Premier League?
Question 4 Why do you think there are so few?

Annotation 2020-01-29 115416.png

N.B. Jamie Vardy, in at number 5, is currently PL top scorer...

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
No we won't sign this forward we desperately need if we are serious about staying up in this league and we will be left with Connolly Murray maupay upfront hopefully I am wrong

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Play Ali J as a number 10 just behind Maupay with March and Montoya as wing backs then stop messing around with squad selection week in week out we need a bit of stability at the back and sadly two players who could provide that are both injured Burn and Duffy

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
View attachment 119583

N.B. Jamie Vardy, in at number 5, is currently PL top scorer...

He's top scorer and incredibly still in with a shout of being fastest player of the league. Fair play to him, a truly exceptional athlete.

Look at that list though. Only Vardy and sometimes McGoldrick getting much game time as a striker. It's a young man's game, playing up front. Even Rooney is down the leagues and he's younger than Muzza.

Add that to the fact that it's impossible to see how employing someone who can barely move is going to fit into the style of football we're currently playing. We love possession and hate the risk of being counter attacked too much to be standing balls up to the back post all game.

I love Glenn, but from the moment last season when he turned back while 10 yards clear on goal, it was clear, his race is run.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Play Ali J as a number 10 just behind Maupay with March and Montoya as wing backs then stop messing around with squad selection week in week out we need a bit of stability at the back and sadly two players who could provide that are both injured Burn and Duffy

We haven't got enough CBs to play Montoya and March as wingbacks - we'd need to be playing three at the back, and we've only got two fit CBs at the moment, unless you include Balogun.

Shudder......................

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Maybe the stage is set for Glenn Murray to come back in, score a hatful and prove everyone who doubted him wrong and make it into the England squad for the Euros with all the injuries going on? At which point he fires us to glory and retires.

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha. What the hell are you smoking, I want some!

I’m convinced we need an attacking player who can score at will, or at least, otherwise we willbe struggling as we have the last few seasons. IF we don’t get anyone, I don’tmthink we’ll get away with it. It’smnot that we're not better than we have been, but the competition and standard is higher this season. I’m not convinced we’ve ket up with the PL pace.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
GP publicly stating that he is happy with what he has really worries me. IMO it displays a remarkable level of naivety about what is needed to be a "top 10 club" in the PL.

He needs to learn fast.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

Also it must put an end to speculation of Balogun leaving as he is now the only fit back up at CB

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
GP publicly stating that he is happy with what he has really worries me. IMO it displays a remarkable level of naivety about what is needed to be a "top 10 club" in the PL.

He needs to learn fast.

He like Hughton is putting out what he is told to say and hide his feelings.
I think after Poyet it was a quality any manager had to have, the abillity to follow the party line

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
West Ham just signed, for £13M, a Czech international attacking midfielder, Tomas Soucek, who has scored 11 goals in 24 games for club and country this season.

Roughly half of them penalties, and mostly playing in a league where Slavia Prague are as dominant as Liverpool are in the PL this season - 54 points from 20 games and a +41 goal difference...

(that's 45 for, 4 against! - he might find playing for West Ham in the PL a slightly different proposition)

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
West Ham just signed, for £13M, a Czech international attacking midfielder, Tomas Soucek, who has scored 11 goals in 24 games for club and country this season. Exactly the kind of player we should be after. Dare say wages would have been a problem for us tho, he might want the PL going rate :rolleyes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51285153
I know. Disappointing.

We were linked in the Czech press, and Potter had been spotted taking a plane to Prague ( before the Czech article, so no wind up ).

But West Ham pay silly money, and still want 3 more players in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here