Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Further evidence, if any was needed, of that favourite football chant, "you don't know what you're doing"...

The figures for positive tests have just been adjusted, as someone has discovered that testing centres have been using people's NHS address, as in home, and not, as in the case of university students, their digs or halls of residence address.

Consequently it has meant that much of the data for individual areas is wrong, as it has been logging against students home address.

This has now been corrected - but why didn't anyone realise sooner?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Further evidence, if any was needed, of that favourite football chant, "you don't know what you're doing"...

The figures for positive tests have just been adjusted, as someone has discovered that testing centres have been using people's NHS address, as in home, and not, as in the case of university students, their digs or halls of residence address.

Consequently it has meant that much of the data for individual areas is wrong, as it has been logging against students home address.

It was pointed out a month ago, how is this not fixed already?

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ome-address-computer-glitch-a4568656.html?amp

The charts used a couple of works ago, did they get anything right?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

NHS data processes are inflexible? im shocked... :glare:

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
NHS data processes are inflexible? im shocked... :glare:

I just very stupidly thought they would ask people their current address, as that will be the area where they pass infection on

Does no-one think to make this joined up at all?

Also shocking is the "what do you expect" response - to be honest, I expect people to know what they are ****ing doing!

Too much to ask?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Does no-one think to make this joined up at all?
certain someone does, then after a while battling institutional inertia, they give up.

this isnt a joined up problem, the issue is NHS sees patients through one lens. it doesnt occur to anyone you wouldnt be living at a registered address because obviously everyone re-registers as soon as they move anywhere, even temporaily. they dont recognise that its such an utter ballache that students would rather keep their parental home registration. or that people may simply not seen a doctor in years and still be registered to long left address. so why do they need to ask for a current address, when they have all your information already? trouble with NHS being a monolithic organisation is monolithic thinking and systems.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
certain someone does, then after a while battling institutional inertia, they give up.

this isnt a joined up problem, the issue is NHS sees patients through one lens. it doesnt occur to anyone you wouldnt be living at a registered address because obviously everyone re-registers as soon as they move anywhere, even temporaily. they dont recognise that its such an utter ballache that students would rather keep their parental home registration. or that people may simply not seen a doctor in years and still be registered to long left address. so why do they need to ask for a current address, when they have all your information already? trouble with NHS being a monolithic organisation is monolithic thinking and systems.

The point here though is that "someone" should have understood this and "told them" to ask for current address at time of testing...

It seems like we are trying to carry water uphill to put out a fire, with a bucket with a bloody great hole in it ..!

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
9f132d18760a94c01252cd28f2c63825.jpg

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
See a lot of social noise about Mancock getting arrested for misleading government and the public. Almost certainly nonsense but we can but dream.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
See a lot of social noise about Mancock getting arrested for misleading government and the public. Almost certainly nonsense but we can but dream.

I know we have had our fall outs over this whole Covid situation, but don't make yourself look a cock with silly names and even sillier stories...

There may be idiots on social media saying these things, but they aren't going to happen so stop repeating this nonsense, just removes any integrity you may have.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
I know we have had our fall outs over this whole Covid situation, but don't make yourself look a cock with silly names and even sillier stories...

There may be idiots on social media saying these things, but they aren't going to happen so stop repeating this nonsense, just removes any integrity you may have.

Like I said it’s almost certainly nonsense and I’ll call him whatever I want to thanks. The guy is scum imo.

And trust me 150% I will never ever ever care what you (especially) or anyone else thinks of my integrity.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You’re a lovely person aren’t you! Back on ignore you go...

You are clearly very unhappy with how covid is being managed and yet you are now defending the one of the chief architects. Whatever side of the argument you are on I’m sure we can all agree Matt Hancock is a waste of slimy space? Also I bet £50 to REMF you’ve also read my post [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
a2ddca29e420b5f27393bd62ee41e616.jpg

Last edited:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This whole Won't Somebody PLEASE Think Of Christmas spiel I find utterly offensive. It's all about the consumer spend. TUI Summer Holiday ads will be running long before the Queen's Speech, while Xmas is still a short memory and a long trail of debt.

**** xmas basically.

Maybe just opt out of all the nonsense and wake up bright-eyed n bushy-tailed ready for the Boxing Day fixtures?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
This whole Won't Somebody PLEASE Think Of Christmas spiel I find utterly offensive. It's all about the consumer spend. TUI Summer Holiday ads will be running long before the Queen's Speech, while Xmas is still a short memory and a long trail of debt.

**** xmas basically.

Maybe just opt out of all the nonsense and wake up bright-eyed n bushy-tailed ready for the Boxing Day fixtures?

From the sounds of it, the 5 days we are allowed out (14 week circuit breaker anyone?) will mean another lockdown after.

There won’t be spending.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here