Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Could be a flawed one but my personal theory is once antibodies testing is done, it will be discovered a lot more people have had this virus without even knowing than many think.

That paper [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] mentioned from Wuhan would absolutely back this up, if it gets peer reviewed and greenlit.

The official numbers (so far) were that 80,000-odd in Wuhan were infected. That paper suggested that over 1,900,000 had actually been infected.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Think this is why they should ramp up this type of testing as this theory could be right

Have they got one yet? I read they were working on it, but that was a few days ago and that’s a long time with all things Covid.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
What we don't know is if the number of cases is still rising sharply, and it's just the deaths that are not - which is very frustrating. I guess people working in hospitals would be able to give us a feel for this?

Sadly, cases must surely be rocketing due to the idiots not taking any care about themselves and others with social distancing ignored.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Misses says shes never seen so many empty beds at the hospital, I think the next couple of weeks things are seemingly going to get quite bad

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
Had to pick up some emergency plumbing supplies due to a big leak in bathroom resulting in no working toilet. Reluctantly went out to buy the parts required. Could not believe the number of people in the DIY shop buying stuff that is clearly not critical. Buying compost, plants and landscaping bark is hardly necessary as I saw several people doing including an elderly couple. Crazy. Why take the risk?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Had to pick up some emergency plumbing supplies due to a big leak in bathroom resulting in no working toilet. Reluctantly went out to buy the parts required. Could not believe the number of people in the DIY shop buying stuff that is clearly not critical. Buying compost, plants and landscaping bark is hardly necessary as I saw several people doing including an elderly couple. Crazy. Why take the risk?

So they can be occupied at home while they are locked in for several months

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
That paper [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] mentioned from Wuhan would absolutely back this up, if it gets peer reviewed and greenlit.

The official numbers (so far) were that 80,000-odd in Wuhan were infected. That paper suggested that over 1,900,000 had actually been infected.

Unfortunately I think that paper has to be taken with a pinch of salt as it assumes the chinese data is robust and also, if correct, the number of infected Italians would be ~25% of the total population, as it suggests a mortality rate of 0.04%.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just got our frontline key worker travel email passes through so, and it’ll be no surprise to anyone, we are expecting lockdown in the next few hours. Which, if you are abiding by the advice anyway, will make almost zero difference but will hopefully make this all a bit easier.
Good news for key workers too, as we want to travel with as few people around as possible to reduce the risk of infection on our journeys.

Just had my key worker certificate given to me today, looks like lockdown soon hopefully. Any way take care, and stay safe, same goes to all others that will work while we are in lockdown. If your not working please please please stay in, unless you need essential s and don't forget the people who can't get out. Together we can beat this.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Hes been coming across really well in my opinion

He has, anyone who tries to respond to a Piers Morgan question and then just shouted over when responding and doesn't tell him to **** off has remarkable patience

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Dicsussion Thread

BJ briefing in two hours.

I’m going to predict the address to the nation.

1. Further lockdown measures announced due to the behaviour of ‘some people’. Not the government’s fault.

2. The government are being led by ‘the science’ (he’ll say this repeatedly like he said ‘let’s get Brexit done’). Not the government’s fault if the advice is wrong and thousands die.

3. The government can’t stop Covid-19 (so don’t blame them) only the nation working together can.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Just had my key worker certificate given to me today, looks like lockdown soon hopefully. Any way take care, and stay safe, same goes to all others that will work while we are in lockdown. If your not working please please please stay in, unless you need essential s and don't forget the people who can't get out. Together we can beat this.

And you mate. Keep safe.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Unfortunately I think that paper has to be taken with a pinch of salt as it assumes the chinese data is robust and also, if correct, the number of infected Italians would be ~25% of the total population, as it suggests a mortality rate of 0.04%.
Where did you get 0.04% from?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here