Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Main Coronavirus / Covid-19 Discussion Thread

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I play tennis.

It's not clear whether tennis is permitted during the lock down.

Can anyone clarify please?

Public sports facilities shut so no (unless you have a tennis court in your garden)

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What about general workers who can't work from home in other words millions of us?

If your employer hasn’t made provision for you to work at home, rather than being laid off, your employer should discuss with you about becoming a furloughed worker where you are kept on the payroll. Paid at 80% of your normal gross wage, up to a maximum of £2,500 a month. Although they can top it up to 100%.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
I play tennis.

Seriously, is this a wind up?

Is it urgent for you to be playing a game of tennis right now during a global pandemic?

Why is this situation still difficult for people to grasp? I honestly don’t get it.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
So we need to do admire what they’re doing in absolutely perfect France, Italy and Spain? Whatever it was, it’s not working. Even you can’t blame that on Boris Johnson.

I’ve never supported measures in France, Italy and Spain. The Countries I’ve advocated copying the methods of are SE Asian ones (Japan, South Korea, Singapore, Hong Kong & Taiwan), Germany, Rep Of Ireland & New Zealand. I’ve done this based on reading about their methods and monitoring their infection rates and deaths.

Measures have not been working and the government has finally introduced the sort of draconian measures that were needed.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Still no hope for self employed

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Dependant on your work being allowed to open. Still not sure if this is a lockdown.

Soft lockdown, think people in Italy can travel to work. I guess each employer needs to make their own decisions on whether they remain open. With regards to non essential shopping it appears most retailers are deciding

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I play tennis.

you can play with yourself in your own garden.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here