Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Jason Molumby

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
He's our player. I see us flogging Duffy and Dunk for over £50m the pair, Webster won't be on the move I wouldn't have thought and while I do agree that White probably won't still be here - if we want him, he's ours. Dunk was too good for the Championship for 2 years before our promotion.

I'm done with Solly March now, he's not what we need in either league for me. Versatile but poor in all positions. I had forgotten Alzate, he will be a key player for us going forward I'm sure. I doubt we'd keep Maupay, I should think the teams below the big 6 would all want him. Murray would still be a heavy goalscorer for us in the Championship, but Connolly is the future!

It's speculation based on who's already here - my point is that we wouldn't need to dip into the market to fill out a squad for next season because of how well set we already are. It was praise of the longer term squad planning - with faint criticism of the currently active squad!

Just a shame that rather than buy players for the future, which we have done a lot of, we didn't just buy players to go straight into the team and keep us up!, even if they were short term investments and needed repalcing.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Solly would be that experience you need, solid and dependable and what a manager needs. If Dunk went would be the next Sussex born and breed captain.

But he's not a particularly good player in terms of scoring goals or creating assists. He's a blunt sword and personally, I would cash in if there's interest. In theory, he should be EXACTLY the type of player to thrive under a manager like Graham Potter, but I've not seen any evidence of it.

Just a shame that rather than buy players for the future, which we have done a lot of, we didn't just buy players to go straight into the team and keep us up!, even if they were short term investments and needed repalcing.

We've spent loads and loads of money, the players just haven't worked out. It's disappointing and there is plenty of finger pointing which can be done, but the reality is that we've signed plenty, spent plenty and not built a good team. I'm confident that Potter, in association with Ashworth, will better shape the squad for next season and hopefully for the club it will be in the Premier League.

Solly would be that experience you need, solid and dependable and what a manager needs. If Dunk went would be the next Sussex born and breed captain.

Solly March is the least dependable player in the squad - numerous chances in the starting line up and has produced very little. I am surprised he gets so much support on here.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
When are you, and others, going to finally get it.

Potter doesn't have a "best 11", he has an 11 to play the next opposition. The opposition changes every week, ergo so does the team! Simple...

In which case, Potter is getting it wrong every week. That's pretty damning feedback.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Solly March is the least dependable player in the squad - numerous chances in the starting line up and has produced very little. I am surprised he gets so much support on here.

What utter tripe.

March rarely tears up the opposition, as we'd all dearly love to see, but one thing he absolutely is, is DEPENDABLE.

He can be depended upon to work his tits off.
He can be depended upon to never neglect his defensive responsibilities.
He can be depended upon to follow instructions to a tee, without whining.
He can be depended upon to make himself available, through niggles and minor injuries, unlike many of his peers.
He can be depended upon to not go out getting shit-faced four nights a week, in town, like a few of his peers.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
What utter tripe.

March rarely tears up the opposition, as we'd all dearly love to see, but one thing he absolutely is, is DEPENDABLE.

He can be depended upon to make himself available, through niggles and minor injuries, unlike many of his peers.
He can be depended upon to not go out getting shit-faced four nights a week, in town, like a few of his peers.

No, it's a perfectly reasonable criticism and it's one that I share. I have no question about his attitude and his behaviour behind the scenes, I don't know anything about those things. But what I do know is that he scores once a season, and gets a few assists a season. That's a clear contributor to where we are in the league each season. He's a professional footballer, it's not unreasonable to judge him on his output on the pitch.

I'm sure he's a good bloke and all that - but I don't rate him highly as a player based on his whole career with us where I think he's massively failed to develop how most of us expected he would.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
What utter tripe.

Whilst you may well be right about the first two, I can't see how you could possibly be in a position to be so assertive about the last three?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
No, it's a perfectly reasonable criticism and it's one that I share. I have no question about his attitude and his behaviour behind the scenes, I don't know anything about those things. But what I do know is that he scores once a season, and gets a few assists a season. That's a clear contributor to where we are in the league each season. He's a professional footballer, it's not unreasonable to judge him on his output on the pitch.

I'm sure he's a good bloke and all that - but I don't rate him highly as a player based on his whole career with us where I think he's massively failed to develop how most of us expected he would.

That isn't what he said though. What you get from March, is what you ALWAYS get - solid, hard-working, unspectacular, with very occasional glimpses of flair.

In football terms, he's pretty much the definition of 'dependable'.

If you don't RATE him, that's your prerogative - but that's a completely different argument.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That isn't what he said though. What you get from March, is what you ALWAYS get - solid, hard-working, unspectacular, with very occasional glimpses of flair.

In football terms, he's pretty much the definition of 'dependable'.

If you don't RATE him, that's your prerogative - but that's a completely different argument.
Those occasional glimpses of flair are becoming a bit of a millstone.

His standing on NSC would probably be higher without all the false dawns.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He's our player. I see us flogging Duffy and Dunk for over £50m the pair, Webster won't be on the move I wouldn't have thought and while I do agree that White probably won't still be here - if we want him, he's ours. Dunk was too good for the Championship for 2 years before our promotion.

Reasons why White won't be playing for the Albion in the Championship:

1. Leeds will almost certainly be getting promoted, in which case they'll try and buy him off us.
2. He's been linked with Liverpool, Man Utd and Chelsea, in which case he might join one of them.
3. We might stay up , in which case the ball is in our court.
4. We've already got Duffy, Dunk, Burn and Webster at the club, so we'd need 2-3 to leave to guarantee him a starting place anyway.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
What utter tripe.

He can be depended upon to miss the goal if given a chance that would be easier to score.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
When are you, and others, going to finally get it.

Potter doesn't have a "best 11", he has an 11 to play the next opposition. The opposition changes every week, ergo so does the team! Simple...

.. and ergo we are probably going down and haven't won a match in 2020

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9266128 said:
I thought this was a thread about Jayson Molumby, yet I open it up and it's just people slagging of Solly March :shrug:

Don't worry, we'll have plenty of time to slag off Molumby in the future.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Don't worry, we'll have plenty of time to slag off Molumby in the future.

"Not good enough"

Or

"Molumby - What does he actually do?"

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9266128 said:
I thought this was a thread about Jayson Molumby, yet I open it up and it's just people slagging of Solly March :shrug:

Jayson Molumby? Who's he?

This thread's about Jason Molumby, the Brigton footballer.

:facepalm:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Jayson Molumby? Who's he?

This thread's about Jason Molumby, the Brigton footballer.

:facepalm:

Not sure if there's a whoosh in there or not...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here