Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] TV and Box etc.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
A thought has just come to me. A number of poster reported having problems watching the game v Villa with streams etc as the usual known sites were not available or nopt showing anything., Yesterday with Liverpool v United all was ok so left the thought is it possible that BHA did something to stop the match being streamed or more to the point could and would they with some technology. How likely is that to happen?

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
A thought has just come to me. A number of poster reported having problems watching the game v Villa with streams etc as the usual known sites were not available or nopt showing anything., Yesterday with Liverpool v United all was ok so left the thought is it possible that BHA did something to stop the match being streamed or more to the point could and would they with some technology. How likely is that to happen?

I certainly didn't have a problem watching the game via a stream. Bein Sport HD8 was perfect via the Firestick:lolol:

I

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That is my next move to buy a new Smart TV, firestick and use a VPN of Spain.

I know I'm going to regret this.
In fairness I'm regretting it already, but here goes:-

You don't need to buy an all singing and dancing (expensive) Smart TV.

A legally used Firestick's job is to convert a 'normal' TV with an HDMI slot into a Smart TV.

The basic Firestick has all the extras preloaded, so by plugging it into the HDMI slot the HDMI channel homepage will already have IPlayer, ITVHub, More4, UKTV play etc etc etc.

You just need to buy a TV with enough HDMI's for your current needs plus 1 more for a 4k Firestick.

Last edited:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

BHA cannot do anything to prevent a game being streamed, The FA, the Premier League, no league anywhere can do anything to prevent it.

if they could it would have stopped many many years ago, and not likely to happen anytime in the forseeable.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

A legally used Firestick's job is to convert a 'normal' TV with an HDMI slot into a Smart TV.

The basic Firestick has all the extras preloaded, so by plugging it into the HDMI slot the HDMI channel homepage will already have IPlayer, ITVHub, More4, UKTV play etc etc etc.

You just need to buy a TV with enough HDMI's for your current needs plus 1 more for a 4k Firestick.

Why would you regret it? You like taking the high line over mere mortals.

To be frank SB, I find you very tedious and sycophantic for 75% of your stuff, and bullying for 5%.

Please stick to the other 20%, there's a good lil ol' stat.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

As I posted previously my Panasonic TV lost its HDMI connection and the repair man in Shoreham wanted over £200 to repair it and restore the HDMI ports. For slightly more I can buy a Smart TV so that is the obvious choice. I am working on the principal that if the internet is incorporated in the TV there will be less chance of lagging etc when streaming. Plus the biggest point wife wants to change the TV.

Pickles

May 5, 2014
As I posted previously my Panasonic TV lost its HDMI connection and the repair man in Shoreham wanted over £200 to repair it and restore the HDMI ports. For slightly more I can buy a Smart TV so that is the obvious choice. I am working on the principal that if the internet is incorporated in the TV there will be less chance of lagging etc when streaming. Plus the biggest point wife wants to change the TV.

BG, I'm sure there's a search function that Stat bore could have used to check your previous posts.

Jerryatric

NSC Patron
Jul 18, 2003
Worthing
Why would you regret it? You like taking the high line over mere mortals.

To be frank SB, I find you very tedious and sycophantic for 75% of your stuff, and bullying for 5%.

Please stick to the other 20%, there's a good lil ol' stat.

Well said Pickles. SB and a very few others like him are the reason I rarely post on here.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

That is not happening......if you get a firestick you will get a feed of the actual station broadcasting the match....NOT a dodgy stream.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Wife is suggesting that I should give up my season ticket as it is becoming more difficult to get to The Amex in adverse weather. Her argument is that we watch most away matches on TV so why not do the same for home games.

I am at the moment not convinced but am prepared to explore this. If so can anybody suggest a box like Amazon fiestick etc that would make this better and less likely to lag as I consider a new TV and whatever box. Down to the knowledgeable of NSC for the best suggestions.

It has probably been suggested, but I would get yourself a new wife.

Pickles

May 5, 2014

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder

I’ve not looked at threads about streaming games as I have Optus sport and have every EPL game live on the TV.

However I am also a massive Strictly fan and it isn’t always easy to watch via VPN. If I bought an Amazon Firestick (from Amazon UK I assume) are you saying I could just plug it in to my TV and watch Strictly either live or on the iPlayer?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’ve not looked at threads about streaming games as I have Optus sport and have every EPL game live on the TV.

However I am also a massive Strictly fan and it isn’t always easy to watch via VPN. If I bought an Amazon Firestick (from Amazon UK I assume) are you saying I could just plug it in to my TV and watch Strictly either live or on the iPlayer?
Sorry I hardly have a grasp on technology in my own country let alone how it works, esp the BBC, elsewhere.

juliant

Apr 4, 2011
Northamptonshire

Dont think that will work as the restrictions on what you can watch are by your IP address not the device. So if your outside the UK using a UK bought stick it will still have an IP address not in the UK. I think BBC have also caught onto the whole vpn thing as i was abroad last year and couldnt use my firestick and Iplayer even with a UK VPN IP address.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila

My supplier says yes, because of the VPNS on the server. I have used my firestick as far away as Cuba and its always worked.....PS OPTUS sports has just been added to the service here.on firestick...very clear and no buffering.

My supplier will give you a six hour free trial so you can be sure BBC will work if you are interested ? PM me if you are

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here