Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Boulaye Dia

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Oh goody - another punt from a not-very-good European team. What could possibly go wrong?

a player from one of the top 5 leagues who's currently two goals behind mbappe and has been linked with arsenal and everton. what kind of player do you actually want us to sign? we tried championship with maupay, we tried holland with locadia, we tried 'pl proven' with welbeck, no 'decent' european team would sell a player to us unless said player wasn't very good, i'm not saying the striker recruitment has been of a decent standard, it hasn't (in fact it's been rather appalling) but in terms of profile (league/team/level played at) i'm really not sure where else people want us to look :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
a player from one of the top 5 leagues who's currently two goals behind mbappe and has been linked with arsenal and everton. what kind of player do you actually want us to sign? we tried championship with maupay, we tried holland with locadia, we tried 'pl proven' with welbeck, no 'decent' european team would sell a player to us unless said player wasn't very good, i'm not saying the striker recruitment has been of a decent standard, it hasn't (in fact it's been rather appalling) but in terms of profile (league/team/level played at) i'm really not sure where else people want us to look :shrug:

Still a punt though.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Still a punt though.

Seems like decent punt though.

Very different to buying a second division Finnish striker. This is a guy who’s in a major European league, good age, scoring quite a few.

I’d say it’s a gamble worth taking.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
That Lionel fella also reckons Mbappe is on his way to Liverpool:facepalm:

He's not the only one, that's a rumour that's been going round for months.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
10 goals in 15 games in Ligue 1, in a team that is 15th in the league. 2nd top scorer after Mbappe.

We nearly got him in the summer,

Please, can we seal the deal this time.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Big guy. Is he more of a Muzza clone? If so, sign him up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
10 goals in 15 games in Ligue 1, in a team that is 15th in the league. 2nd top scorer after Mbappe.

We nearly got him in the summer,

Please, can we seal the deal this time.

We didn’t nearly get him. We wanted a loan and baulked at the permanent transfer.

Courted by Everton and Arsenal so unlikely to come to us sadly.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
We didn’t nearly get him. We wanted a loan and baulked at the permanent transfer.

Courted by Everton and Arsenal so unlikely to come to us sadly.

He'd only be back up at both of those clubs, but they'd both pay him more than us.

So what does he want more, money or minutes?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Not really judging by his showreel:

https://youtu.be/LuhVjdTLVtk

He is 5ft 11”, frighteningly quick and very powerful with a trick or two up his sleeve. Most of his goals are well taken on the break from a reasonable distance, not tap ins. Plays more like Mane then Murray.

Sadly there's more chance of Peter Ward making a comeback than us signing anyone this window I reckon. A few outgoings and Moder and possibly Tau in before his contract runs out is all I expect. Potter was brought in to improve largely what he has and I'd be seriously surprised if we spent any cash in January.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
He'd only be back up at both of those clubs, but they'd both pay him more than us.

So what does he want more, money or minutes?

I think the problem for us is given the issues with French football finance his club aren’t interested in a loan or a loan to buy next year they want up front cash and a permanent deal, something we weren’t willing to do.

And if the quotes since the summer are true it kind of reads as though that didn’t go down well with the player as it suggested we weren’t really interested enough in him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here