Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Giroud?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
As already mentioned,we don't sign players from other Premier League sides, high wages not within our economic model.

Strangely enough, I don't think we have sold a player to another PL side since our promotion.

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
Strangely enough, I don't think we have sold a player to another PL side since our promotion.

I don’t think we’ve sold a player yet (since promotion) that we weren’t actively looking to offload. I wonder who will be our first sale to a ‘bigger’ club.

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
As already mentioned,we don't sign players from other Premier League sides, high wages not within our economic model.

Not so strange really considering the model of recruitment we employ.

Sign/develop good players. Once they're worth loads of money, tell everyone else to **** off.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
I don’t think we’ve sold a player yet (since promotion) that we weren’t actively looking to offload. I wonder who will be our first sale to a ‘bigger’ club.

Good point.

But we were so negative towards the end of the Hughton days,it’s hard to pick out a player any club would want to sign. Even Dunk’s form waned.

More likely under Potter I think as he’s bringing on players and we are a more attractive side to watch.

I’m going for Alzate....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
To Inter Milan apparently

Not anymore it seems? They've just loaned in Viktor Moses and they're in talks with Llorente.

Reported that villa believe they can now get him?, West ham linked to..... If there was any player I'd hope we'd pursue its Giroud. Masses of experience, will score with service, good link player, perfect foil for fellow Frenchman Maupay and the added bonus of stopping either Villa or West Ham having him score goals for them, firing them up the table.

www.skysports.com/amp/football/news/11095/11915544/fernando-llorente-talks-with-inter-milan-could-end-olivier-giroud-interest

https://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2020/01/23/could-open-the-door-some-villa-fans-think-signing-18m-man-is-bac/?amp/

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd still rather have the Russian who was completely unknown to me 2 hours ago.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

The greyhound....to Palace.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Prize open the lid to Pandora's binfest box for a little peek

Nah. I suspect most people on here who read my posts know I'm taking the mick. :lolol:

Still. . . .....:drool:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Reckon Joe Allen would be a good addition, PL experience just what we need

Giroud is who we need! Our only potential leverage imho is if there's the slightest hint of truth that Chelsea want Dunk..... Deal to join in the summer with Giroud lobbed in for 6 months.

Joe Allen is creative but as lightweight physically as Propper.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Giroud to West Ham is the sort of move I could see happening of the sides supposedly interested. That would be a blow for us.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here